Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest Active Track OA Precision for Mavic Air 2
1015 12 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone point me to the specs or a review on how sensitive/precise the obstacle avoidance for the latest Active Track is? What's the smallest object it can dodge? At what speed? At what distance can it detect said objects? For me (and I know not for most), this is one of the most desired features (if it works well).

Thanks.

2020-4-28
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure that many people can answer your question at this moment but many will know that question hopefully  soon enough
2020-4-28
Use props
dcrainmaker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 477310 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ask and you shall receive! ;)

2020-4-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The guy in the video above did a pretty good test. I would not have expected either drone to fair as well as they did.

2020-4-28
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

It looks like that it is too slow for mountain biking or freeriding ... and because of the missing side sensors its still not  really save between trees. ...I think you wait like me for a DJI Mavic "Action" ...it would be a bestseller! <3
2020-4-28
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

On the net there is a video of skydio2 that goes smoothly between many trees while MA does not find the right path.
I think serious proof is needed, the video proposed by Dji says nothing in case of difficult routes nor what does the drone do if it loses sight of the owner.
2020-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At least after multiple crashes its still in good condition.
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Moni Johnson.  Thanks for your attention. Please let me explain one by one.

1. Small obstacles whose width that can be seen is less than 0.2 m, or area is less than 0.25 m², such as electric wires, cannot be avoided. Please fly carefully.
2. Mavic Air 2 provides forward, backward, and downward obstacle sensing. Please refer to the following picture about the sense range of the vision system:

3. There are two modes for ActiveTrack function, that Smart and Parallel.  The max speed information is as follows.
1) Trace: Max speed is 8m/s in Normal and Tripod mode, 18m/s in Sport mode. There's no OA in Sport mode.
2) Parallel: Max speed is 12m/s in Normal and Tripod mode, 18m/s in Sport mode. There's no OA in Parallel.

For detailed information, please refer to the user manual, which will be public soon. Thanks for your understanding. https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/specs
2020-4-29
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 03:22
Hi, Moni Johnson.  Thanks for your attention. Please let me explain one by one.

1. Small obstacles whose width that can be seen is less than 0.2 m, or area is less than 0.25 m², such as electric wires, cannot be avoided. Please fly carefully.

why is the max. speed at trace only 8m/s???  that's too slow for things like freesking or moutainbiking ... the sensors can do 12m/s  and that would be fine for everyone.  
2020-4-29
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Renato61 Posted at 4-28 22:10
On the net there is a video of skydio2 that goes smoothly between many trees while MA does not find the right path.
I think serious proof is needed, the video proposed by Dji says nothing in case of difficult routes nor what does the drone do if it loses sight of the owner.

Take a look at the video posted toward the top of this thread.  The MA2 has significantly improved active tracking and is able to go through the same set of trees as the video you probably watched before.
2020-4-29
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

BKahuna Posted at 4-29 20:17
Take a look at the video posted toward the top of this thread.  The MA2 has significantly improved active tracking and is able to go through the same set of trees as the video you probably watched before.

I saw the video, it seems to me a fairly quiet situation.
How does the drone behave if the user disappears for a few seconds from the view?
2020-4-30
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dcrainmaker Posted at 4-28 17:49
Ask and you shall receive! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHs9xgb9FeU

Funny. I am watching this video on Youtube just as I logged in here to read replies to my post. Thank you!
2020-4-30
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 03:22
Hi, Moni Johnson.  Thanks for your attention. Please let me explain one by one.

Got it! Thank you.
2020-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules