Will Flyspots in the DJI Fly ever work outside of China?
1793 6 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I checked with the new DJI Fly app update the Flyspots to see if anything has changed. It still only lists Flyspots based in China. Is this ever going to become global? It's been some time now the Mavic Mini and it's app has been out. I would have thought it would start showing other areas close to out locations around the world to fly?
2020-4-28
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

I wonder if it's a liability issue with other countries since it's user based.  Interestingly, there are several Fly Spots in Wuhan.
2020-4-28
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Occams Razor Posted at 4-28 18:26
I wonder if it's a liability issue with other countries since it's user based.  Interestingly, there are several Fly Spots in Wuhan.

I'm not sure. There is a disclaimer when you first click it though basically saying the spots are user based not from DJI. But I have no idea how we are supposed to mark spots for other locals in our area. There doesn't seem to be a function for it.
2020-4-28
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

The fly spots are from SkyPixel accounts. You can join SkyPixel and post pictures there as well, but you cannot send them to fly spots. Maybe only accounts in china are allowed to at this time. SkyPixel is at the bottom of the home Screen in the app, or you can go to https://www.skypixel.com.
2020-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Certainly would be a nice to have feature.  +1
2020-4-29
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

A good question.
2020-4-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I was wondering that months ago and lost track afterwards... I am afraid it will be left aside.
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules