1417 20 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am usually quite impetious and jump right in. But because the CE version will not have airsense till the second batch/future batches I am going to wait before I buy the Mavic Air.

I was wondering if others in the CE area are going to do the same
2020-4-28
Use props
giovannimartensoutlook.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330883 ft

Belgium

I am currently in the same position, I really want this drone and sold my Mavic Air for this.
The lack of Airsense on the EU version is really a downside for me. I really want to make the order right now, but I think I will wait for the future batch with Airsense.
Why pay the same price for a device without ads-b?
In my opinion DJI should have released all versions with ads-b.
The production numbers would be less in the beginning, but so be it. People would buy it later eventually.
Now we have 2 different devices on the market.. and some people without ads-b are gonna be disappointed.

It would be nice if DJI could tell us if they will release an ads-b version in Europe and maybe a timespan of when we can expect this device.

And how can we separate the 2 versions? What if somebody wants to buy the Mavic Air 2 second hand in the future?
How do they now which version the have? Different serial numbers?
2020-4-28
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

giovannimartensoutlook.com Posted at 4-28 23:12
I am currently in the same position, I really want this drone and sold my Mavic Air for this.
The lack of Airsense on the EU version is really a downside for me. I really want to make the order right now, but I think I will wait for the future batch with Airsense.
Why pay the same price for a device without ads-b?

If I am not mistaken they have different model numbers.

It is weird they cost the same and sold as equals; unless of course this ads-b thing will bear no importance in the future (maybe they know something we don't)
2020-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The lack of AirSense and EU/UK Classification has put me off.  At this price I would have been tempted to get it for travelling.
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I can understand why brits might wait because you have many airports military etc, but for me here in Ireland NFZ are not a problem and I have no problem seeing manned aircraft, I bought Air2 as a travel fun drone because of its safe Ocysync battery time as well as many fun features, in fact I sold my zoom as I will have no more use for it.
I have a M2P for some more serious flying photography etc, and I expect that later this year we will see an M3P and I can wait for airsense which will come with that.
So I won’t be waiting and I don’t believe it will be available until winter. And they’re apps out there to tell you what’s flying in your area.
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Off topic, I know it’s a bug bear of yours but fly app is now fully compatible with iPad .
2020-4-29
Use props
giomgio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330883 ft

Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 01:44
I can understand why brits might wait because you have many airports military etc, but for me here in Ireland NFZ are not a problem and I have no problem seeing manned aircraft, I bought Air2 as a travel fun drone because of its safe Ocysync battery time as well as many fun features, in fact I sold my zoom as I will have no more use for it.
I have a M2P for some more serious flying photography etc, and I expect that later this year we will see an M3P and I can wait for airsense which will come with that.
So I won’t be waiting and I don’t believe it will be available until winter. And they’re apps out there to tell you what’s flying in your area.

True, I don't need Airsense desperately, I never fly high or close to an airport etc.
But the technology is great, and I don't like the fact you buy a device which lacks something others have.
Especially if you pay the same price for it.
Even if it's a good price it's still a lot of money and I think most people buy it to use it for a couple of years.

My concern is that if I travel for example to the USA, there will be (future) restrictions for drones without ads-b. Which will be annoying if you cannot fly on certain places because of that.

I hope DJI can give us an answer about ads-b in possible future batches for Europe.
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

giomgio Posted at 4-29 02:21
True, I don't need Airsense desperately, I never fly high or close to an airport etc.
But the technology is great, and I don't like the fact you buy a device which lacks something others have.
Especially if you pay the same price for it.

I don’t think airsense will be needed to fly anywhere, it was something talked about in the US but quickly dismissed as many or even the majority of small manned aircraft don’t even use it, don’t get me wrong it’s another tool but not necessarily one that would be used very often if at all, regards to paying for it, I don’t believe you did pay for it, taxes on Chinese imports are higher in the EU and going by orignal MA Europeans paid almost €150 more than in the US with Australians again paying more than Europeans so it’s my belief that MA2 would have been more expensive in EU if it had Airsense.
2020-4-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Airsense isnt overly useful in Europe.  What i suspect they're doing is delaying until the EASA categories go live and they can release a properly certified model for people to buy.
But to get some income currently, this release is targeted at a US market.
2020-4-29
Use props
Luca90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429938 ft
Italy

gnirtS Posted at 4-29 06:55
Airsense isnt overly useful in Europe.  What i suspect they're doing is delaying until the EASA categories go live and they can release a properly certified model for people to buy.
But to get some income currently, this release is targeted at a US market.

I believe the same, that's why like others I'll wait to buy it until July/August, or until I know what's the plan with this "issues".
2020-4-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 01:47
Off topic, I know it’s a bug bear of yours but fly app is now fully compatible with iPad .

Are you sure I down loaded Fly Update to my ipad mini yesterday and it was still the stretched App for Phone use
2020-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-29 13:07
Are you sure I down loaded Fly Update to my ipad mini yesterday and it was still the stretched App for Phone use

Yes I’m sure look around there is a couple threads with pictures posted and it’s in release notes.
2020-4-29
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

all new drone currently on the market are lacking new eu c cartifitaons, dji is not only one. but as the market leader, they could al least start. maybe with mavic 3 or something..
till then, consider yourself lucky for next two and a half years, till transitional eu directive period is valid, after that, all drones without c markings will be good just for open areas, so no urban spaces etc.
2020-4-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 13:16
Yes I’m sure look around there is a couple threads with pictures posted and it’s in release notes.

I Just checked and it says it is compatable when I look at the details on my pc. But when I go to update on the Ipad Mini it just says open and it is the same old stretched app... Perhaps I need to wait a day or so
2020-4-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-29 13:21
I Just checked and it says it is compatable when I look at the details on my pc. But when I go to update on the Ipad Mini it just says open and it is the same old stretched app... Perhaps I need to wait a day or so

Just after I wrote this the update appeared and I have downloaded. Looks to work on the Ipad Properly now...… Thanks for the Heads up Hallmark
2020-4-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

izotop Posted at 4-29 13:20
all new drone currently on the market are lacking new eu c cartifitaons, dji is not only one. but as the market leader, they could al least start. maybe with mavic 3 or something..
till then, consider yourself lucky for next two and a half years, till transitional eu directive period is valid, after that, all drones without c markings will be good just for open areas, so no urban spaces etc.

Yes I am not going to drop almost £1000 (Fly more combo) if the MA2 without the CE Mark (ie no airsense) will end up as a legacy drone
2020-4-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I was going to buy the Air 2 as well but also going to wait until CE gets this feature
2020-4-29
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Small AC and helicopters don't have ads-b as well.
2020-4-29
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Well i will be waiting for adb-s for the European version definitely...it might not be used now, but if that changes better to have it, not to mention that going to the USA for a vacation and flying there might be an issue without it....also i might wait to see if they introduce the proper markings according the new EU laws.
2020-4-30
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-29 13:45
Yes I am not going to drop almost £1000 (Fly more combo) if the MA2 without the CE Mark (ie no airsense) will end up as a legacy drone

Just to be clear: all drones, currently on the market have CE certificates, without they can't be sold in the stores etc. We're talking about new, more "strict" additional C 0-4 markings, which will be "semi"mandatory on January 2021 (postponed from july 2020), when new EU directive come to play, and fully mandatory on January 2023, after 2-year transitional period is over. After that , all drones without this will be good just for open, non-urban spaces, as i mentioned (as far i know)

Airsense is  not realy mandatory in new EU directive as far as i know, since it is not confirmed by EASA etc. It's just of dji form of "transponder", which might be or might not be "legal", we have to wait for that, i guess. In EU region there will be mandatory for drones to emit only serial number locally, as far as i know or yet to be determined.
2020-4-30
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Airsense is not a transponder/transmitter, it's a receiver.
For me the point is not to know if 100% ULMs/small airplanes blablabla use it in europe, the point is that I don't want to pay more for a version with a missing feature.
So, I will wait
2020-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules