Are white Goggles really incompatible with Mavic Air 2?
2048 8 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trwalp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9478 ft
  • >>>
United States

I chatted with DJI support this morning and was told that the white Goggles are not compatible with the Air 2.  I was then told that the Air 2 is incompatible with all of their Goggles. Yikes.
I had figured that since the white Goggles are compatible with the Mavic Pro 2 they would be compatible with the Air 2. Isn't Ocusync a standard?

Am posting here to seek confirmation.

2020-4-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/faq
2020-4-29
Use props
trwalp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-29 06:55
https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/faq

Thank you. I missed that when I visited the FAQ. Doh!
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, trwalp. Mavic Air 2 is not compatible with the DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
2020-4-30
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-30 01:16
Hi, trwalp. Mavic Air 2 is not compatible with the DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

However, the community deserves a little explanation. No?
Eg: The new Mavic air 2 uses occusync technology that did not exist when DJI Goggles hit the market.
It is not always possible to prepare devices for a future technology.
We thought of something like that.
2020-4-30
Use props
trwalp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 4-30 01:42
Eg: The new Mavic air 2 uses occusync technology that did not exist when DJI Goggles hit the market.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=164454
2020-4-30
Use props
monstermac77
lvl.2
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 4-30 01:42

Here's the existing discussion about this, with a bit more in-depth discussion: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2020-5-5
Use props
Darthhader
New

United States

How plausible to attach the goggle/camera combo to the ma2? The googles would not give any flight data but it’d be a way to share the experience with a friend. And if the smart controller gets supported wouldn’t that work with he hdmi port? And why is there no hdmi output on the new ma2 controller? That alone seems like they may be moving away from fpv altogether. They very well may getting pressured buy government not to make fpv easily accessible to the public from the top drone supplier. So, if you want it, make it. But then at the same time, the government would be missing out on monitoring fpv pilots feeds. Make no mistake, every image, keystroke and sound our smart devices receive, are all recorded and can be accessed come some amount of time depending upon how important your ID has been determined. And now with the new ID tech built into these devices, well...I wonder if our quads would just be bricked remotely if requested by your local government. To protect against footage of violence, protests ect. Things are getting way to complicated
2020-7-12
Use props
Darthhader
New

United States

How plausible to attach the goggle/camera combo to the ma2? The googles would not give any flight data but it’d be a way to share the experience with a friend. And if the smart controller gets supported wouldn’t that work with he hdmi port? And why is there no hdmi output on the new ma2 controller? That alone seems like they may be moving away from fpv altogether. They very well may getting pressured buy government not to make fpv easily accessible to the public from the top drone supplier. So, if you want it, make it. But then at the same time, the government would be missing out on monitoring fpv pilots feeds. Make no mistake, every image, keystroke and sound our smart devices receive, are all recorded and can be accessed come some amount of time depending upon how important your ID has been determined. And now with the new ID tech built into these devices, well...I wonder if our quads would just be bricked remotely if requested by your local government. To protect against footage of violence, protests ect. Things are getting way to complicated
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules