8448 60 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trwalp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9478 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upon release of the Mavic Air 2 its FAQ says it is not compatible with either white or RE Goggles.

Since the Ocusync 2-based Mavic 2 is compatible with the white and RE Goggles, why is the Air 2 not compatible -- at least for FPV?

IMHO, Goggles are a tremendous amount of fun, so Mavic Air 2: fuggedaboutit (until the situation changes).
2020-4-29
Use props
fansa179c29b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192287 ft
France

Hi completely agree... Can we expect a later upgrade ? I have White goggle and I do not want to leave them...
2020-4-29
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Since the controller doesn't have an HDMI connection, I don't think we'll see a time we can use the goggles.  Maybe buy a smart controller and double the cost...
2020-4-29
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
United States

Anybody know of a tablet that has an HDMI out connection?
2020-4-29
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

ghutch Posted at 4-29 10:07
Anybody know of a tablet that has an HDMI out connection?

See that:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 920&pid=2117870
2020-4-29
Use props
trwalp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ghutch Posted at 4-29 10:06
Since the controller doesn't have an HDMI connection, I don't think we'll see a time we can use the goggles.  Maybe buy a smart controller and double the cost...

Why use HDMI when Ocusync is wireless?
2020-4-29
Use props
trwalp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Renato61 Posted at 4-29 10:55
See that:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=200920&pid=2117870

Nice find!

But, what needs explaining is why the Ocusync feature can't be used?
2020-4-29
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
United States

trwalp Posted at 4-29 11:48
Why use HDMI when Ocusync is wireless?

Good question!
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_zpFYq2h4g9O9
lvl.1
United States

I think its because the Mavic 2 Pro's have a physical button to sync with the goggles. I was on the line upgrading from my Mavic Air (1) to Mavic Air 2 and I Just bought the 2, but now im thinking of just cancelling the entire order and going Skydio 2 instead. It's ridiculous how The original Mavic Air had Gesture Control, Control by phone with wifi, ( no remote needed for any of these) I used the gesture thing all the time for action follow on a bike or skateboard. Now not even Goggle support. What the heck did I spend 400 bucks on DJI Goggles for if I can't even use it with the latest and greatest drone. Thats ridiculous. It like all they did was add 4k60 which my GoPro from 3 years ago did that already. Longer flight time, great, I had 6 batteries for my Original Mavic Air so that's at least nice, but everything else seems like a downgrade. The active track 3.0 is still a joke so that's useless as it was on the first one. Did DJI just jump the gun on this drone and cheap out on all the great features that made the Mavic Air the Air. Might have to jump ship, shame on you DJI !
2020-4-29
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

It may be added soon
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, trwalp. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.
2020-4-30
Use props
King Jazda
lvl.1
United States

They are not going to add support for it. Let's be real. When has DJI ever done that before, if they were capable of doing so they would have done it on the Mavic Mini already. There will never be Gesture control or Goggle support for the Mavic Air 2 or else it would have been announced already for future firmware update. Sucks because I already sold my Mavic Air 1 and now I gotta get rid of the Mavic Air 2 and go a different route. Maybe they are saving the goggles for their premium drones like the Mavic Pro 3 coming out after Summer.
2020-4-30
Use props
trwalp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-30 01:11
Hi, trwalp. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.

Thank you.

It would be extremely helpful to learn why the M2 doesn't support the Goggles despite providing Ocusync support.  That makes customers wonder what terms like Ocusync mean if it is not a specific technology "standard", with the usual implication that Ocusync devices are compatible with each other.
2020-5-5
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

King Jazda Posted at 4-30 07:25
They are not going to add support for it. Let's be real. When has DJI ever done that before, if they were capable of doing so they would have done it on the Mavic Mini already. There will never be Gesture control or Goggle support for the Mavic Air 2 or else it would have been announced already for future firmware update. Sucks because I already sold my Mavic Air 1 and now I gotta get rid of the Mavic Air 2 and go a different route. Maybe they are saving the goggles for their premium drones like the Mavic Pro 3 coming out after Summer.

the mini is wifi based.  it would have never worked on it. the goggles have always required occusynch and have never been stated to work with anything else so?
2020-5-5
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

Skraeling Posted at 5-5 06:15
the mini is wifi based.  it would have never worked on it. the goggles have always required occusynch and have never been stated to work with anything else so?

ill be damned it did work with the spark.  thats bizzare.
2020-5-5
Use props
monstermac77
lvl.2
United States

Here's the existing thread about this with more in-depth discussion: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2020-5-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

trwalp Posted at 5-5 06:14
Thank you.

It would be extremely helpful to learn why the M2 doesn't support the Goggles despite providing Ocusync support.  That makes customers wonder what terms like Ocusync mean if it is not a specific technology "standard", with the usual implication that Ocusync devices are compatible with each other.

the m2 (which covers the m2z and m2p) will work with the googles.  I'm guessing when you said m2, you meant ma2?  it is possible ma2 might work with goggles in the future, perhaps they are still working on making sure everything is working correctly.  think of occusync like bluetooth.  there is no implied compatibility with the devices and/or the technology even regardless the version.  to me, as long as all the information is readily available, there are no guarantees.  I would love for my scm to work with ma2 next week but sadly it won't.  keeping my fingers crossed for this summer.
2020-5-7
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This is just so typical of DJI, I suspect that we, the consumers, will be the guinea pigs again...as always. This is another half assed, quick out the door product. I’ll stick to Autel thanks.
2020-5-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Toedles Posted at 5-9 10:21
This is just so typical of DJI, I suspect that we, the consumers, will be the guinea pigs again...as always. This is another half assed, quick out the door product. I’ll stick to Autel thanks.

Autel EVO 2, is that supposed to be a joke?  yeah, no problems there. lol lol
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Toedles Posted at 5-9 10:21

Yeah that’s a good idea, only 3 months late with their new release evo2, and extra batteries should arrive in July tilted horizon will be fixed ???? Well it’s only been in their drones for 4 years maybe next year. But yeah you don’t want to get involved in any half assed new release, good luck with that. ;+)::::
2020-5-9
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 10:57
Yeah that’s a good idea, only 3 months late with their new release evo2, and extra batteries should arrive in July tilted horizon will be fixed ???? Well it’s only been in their drones for 4 years maybe next year. But yeah you don’t want to get involved in any half assed new release, good luck with that. ;+)::::

Horizon tilt was apparently an issue on Evo 1 only but then again it’s Mr Hallmark007 stirring the pot again...no issues with my Evo 1 or 2 so yeah. I’ll enjoy my Evo’s, Parrots etc....
2020-5-9
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 5-9 10:32
Autel EVO 2, is that supposed to be a joke?  yeah, no problems there. lol lol

Evo2 problems? Name them please?
2020-5-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Toedles Posted at 5-9 17:18
Evo2 problems? Name them please?

Autel Robotics
about 3 months ago
Hello Everyone!
First, we want to thank all of our fans and followers. It doesn’t matter if you just follow one of our social channels, or if you fly our products every day. Your support and enthusiasm have always kept us going here at the Seattle office.
With the announcement of EVO II at CES, the response has been absolutely crazy. This community is exploding, and we thank you for your patience with us as we are still trying to catch up on responses.
We also want to be as transparent as possible and give you all periodic updates on the status and availability of EVO II. That way you have the most up to date information straight from us and not just rumors.
Our goal at CES was to get the initial units of EVO II (8k) into the hands of dealers by the end of January. Unfortunately, during production, we found a bug in our software that could limit flight performance under normal operation. Instead of shipping the hardware with a known issue and forcing users to perform day 1 updates, we have decided to delay the rest of production and shipments until we have resolved the issue. Our projected timeline is to have EVO II available for purchase in March. This is not a set date or time frame, and things can always change. But with the information we have today, that is our goal.
The team in Seattle is very small and we are adding channel support as we can. We are looking to start up our website newsletter again in the next few weeks. So for any future updates, please check our website, the official social channels, and emails coming directly from us.
We thank you for your patience. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get a hold of us at support@autelrobotics.com
Thank you all again and fly safe!
2020-5-9
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 5-9 18:34
Autel Robotics
about 3 months ago
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for this ONE supposed issue. This is known and it is admirable that the launch was delayed to correct ONE issue. If it was DJI it would no doubt be shipped with issues and all and we’d be left to our devices.

Still, my experience with Autel has been favourable, DJI....not so much!
2020-5-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Toedles Posted at 5-9 19:35
Thanks for this ONE supposed issue. This is known and it is admirable that the launch was delayed to correct ONE issue. If it was DJI it would no doubt be shipped with issues and all and we’d be left to our devices.

so that was 3 months ago, I can go buy a 6k or 8k today, right?
2020-5-9
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 5-9 21:17
so that was 3 months ago, I can go buy a 6k or 8k today, right?

As far as I know you can get a 6k, not sure about the 8k. My 6k was delivered 2 weeks ago to New Zealand so I can’t speak for the 8k. I did see reviews on the 8k so I’d imagine they’re out there.
2020-5-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Toedles Posted at 5-9 21:41
As far as I know you can get a 6k, not sure about the 8k. My 6k was delivered 2 weeks ago to New Zealand so I can’t speak for the 8k. I did see reviews on the 8k so I’d imagine they’re out there.

can you say where you got your 6k from?  I'm thinking I can't get a 6k because the drone has/had problems, that's what I'm being told by various places.  maybe you can provide a link to anywhere in the world that has a 6k or an 8k in stock for sale please?
2020-5-9
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 5-9 22:26
can you say where you got your 6k from?  I'm thinking I can't get a 6k because the drone has/had problems, that's what I'm being told by various places.  maybe you can provide a link to anywhere in the world that has a 6k or an 8k in stock for sale please?

Have you contacted https://drone-works.com/autel-evo-ii-series/
2020-5-9
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

Toedles Posted at 5-9 22:42
Have you contacted https://drone-works.com/autel-evo-ii-series/

2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Toedles Posted at 5-9 17:17
Horizon tilt was apparently an issue on Evo 1 only but then again it’s Mr Hallmark007 stirring the pot again...no issues with my Evo 1 or 2 so yeah. I’ll enjoy my Evo’s, Parrots etc....

It’s still there with Evo 1 and if you look at videos the few on YT you’ll see it’s a legacy thing with new drones. I noticed you never mentioned the half assed release of All Evo’s. You shouldn’t differentiate between products unless you’re prepared to give the whole story.
I think you will see the absolute horror story tilted horizon in evo1 but it's also pretty prominent in evo2.

2020-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Toedles Posted at 5-9 19:35
Thanks for this ONE supposed issue. This is known and it is admirable that the launch was delayed to correct ONE issue. If it was DJI it would no doubt be shipped with issues and all and we’d be left to our devices.

Mavic 1 was delayed for 4 months and it wasn’t considered as admirable, people were jumping off buildings setting themselves on fire, the forum was lit up day and night for months, and you call Autel delay admiral, I mean yes admirable if they didn’t sell drones knowing they have tilted horizon among many othe problems.
2020-5-10
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 03:44
Mavic 1 was delayed for 4 months and it wasn’t considered as admirable, people were jumping off buildings setting themselves on fire, the forum was lit up day and night for months, and you call Autel delay admiral, I mean yes admirable if they didn’t sell drones knowing they have tilted horizon among many othe problems.

Dear Hallmark007, my Evo 1 and 2 do not suffer from horizon tilt so please do get over yourself, not all are affected as I understand it.  Maybe you should build a bridge.......and get over it mmmm?
2020-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Toedles Posted at 5-10 10:01
Dear Hallmark007, my Evo 1 and 2 do not suffer from horizon tilt so please do get over yourself, not all are affected as I understand it.  Maybe you should build a bridge.......and get over it mmmm?

Not everybody can use your evos and most wouldn’t want to, why not go over to Autel forum to discuss horizon tilt of the Evo or ridiculous late deliveries crap waypoints sh*t radio video signal, because it seems nobody here wants to hear how bad/ good Evo is.
2020-5-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yep.  just talked to them again and getting the same reply which is we are supposed to be getting the 8k at the end of the week and the 6k in a few weeks.  that's the standard answer to we have no idea when these drones will arrive and when they do, we ship the few that we get to people on the waiting list first.

I'm really really conflicted here.  if I could buy one of these drones and have it shipped on the next business day, they could have sold one to me already when I was excited about it.  I like the drone but I don't love it enough to be put on a waiting list and then waiting around to see if I get something or not before we go deep into the summer.  at the point, may as well just wait until someone says they have one to sell to me.  if the waiting list is that long, something's wrong with the supply distribution.  and I also don't want to get on the waiting list from two or three merchants.  just not worth it when I already have a m2z and a mm to fly and a ma2 on the way.

trying to give evo2 a chance but you gotta believe there is something wrong with the drone itself if they won't ship it and sell it in large numbers, those are expensive drones and not everyone is made out of money to just spend on drones.  if I start flying the ma2 and decided I've had enough, there goes the evo 2 rugged combo.  oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
anyway, i'll find my way over to the evo forum and see what more i can learn from there; thanks anyway.
2020-5-10
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 11:11
Not everybody can use your evos and most wouldn’t want to, why not go over to Autel forum to discuss horizon tilt of the Evo or ridiculous late deliveries crap waypoints sh*t radio video signal, because it seems nobody here wants to hear how bad/ good Evo is.

Why don’t you get _______ mate! You brought up the horizon tilt, not me........
2020-5-10
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 5-10 15:49
yep.  just talked to them again and getting the same reply which is we are supposed to be getting the 8k at the end of the week and the 6k in a few weeks.  that's the standard answer to we have no idea when these drones will arrive and when they do, we ship the few that we get to people on the waiting list first.

I'm really really conflicted here.  if I could buy one of these drones and have it shipped on the next business day, they could have sold one to me already when I was excited about it.  I like the drone but I don't love it enough to be put on a waiting list and then waiting around to see if I get something or not before we go deep into the summer.  at the point, may as well just wait until someone says they have one to sell to me.  if the waiting list is that long, something's wrong with the supply distribution.  and I also don't want to get on the waiting list from two or three merchants.  just not worth it when I already have a m2z and a mm to fly and a ma2 on the way.

Why don’t you wait a week for the 6k then, I mean it’s only a week right? Sounds like there’s a wait on shipment for the MA2 anyway. I must admit that I did place my order pretty early so there is that, being at the bottom of the world, we often miss out on certain things.

I really hope you can get sorted soon. All the best.
2020-5-10
Use props
typxxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107014 ft
Germany

djiuser_zpFYq2h4g9O9 Posted at 4-29 16:06
I think its because the Mavic 2 Pro's have a physical button to sync with the goggles. I was on the line upgrading from my Mavic Air (1) to Mavic Air 2 and I Just bought the 2, but now im thinking of just cancelling the entire order and going Skydio 2 instead. It's ridiculous how The original Mavic Air had Gesture Control, Control by phone with wifi, ( no remote needed for any of these) I used the gesture thing all the time for action follow on a bike or skateboard. Now not even Goggle support. What the heck did I spend 400 bucks on DJI Goggles for if I can't even use it with the latest and greatest drone. Thats ridiculous. It like all they did was add 4k60 which my GoPro from 3 years ago did that already. Longer flight time, great, I had 6 batteries for my Original Mavic Air so that's at least nice, but everything else seems like a downgrade. The active track 3.0 is still a joke so that's useless as it was on the first one. Did DJI just jump the gun on this drone and cheap out on all the great features that made the Mavic Air the Air. Might have to jump ship, shame on you DJI !

I have already canceled since they wanted to ship a system to all non american customers an edition without airsense system due to supply chain shortages ...and anounced in the same moment a new version to be shipped from summer on WITH airsense system for german customers are all EU customers.

Cancel is the right choice cause occusync 2 is not the same on Air 2 and Mavic 2 Pro cause ranges are also different in my experience.
2020-5-15
Use props
typxxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107014 ft
Germany

Skraeling Posted at 5-5 06:15
the mini is wifi based.  it would have never worked on it. the goggles have always required occusynch and have never been stated to work with anything else so?

No, there was also a cable that did the trick back then when I had my Spark and Mavic 2 Pro with the goggles racing edition if I remember right. But in the beginning the Mavic 2 Pro did not work and after 8 months it finally got working.
If dji does not announce a support of a Mavic 2 Air from the beginning you can not rely on that it will be later supported - except by hacks.
2020-5-15
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skraeling Posted at 5-5 06:32
ill be damned it did work with the spark.  thats bizzare.

No it didn't!
2020-5-15
Use props
G1tgudscrub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434603 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got the goggles and the Mavic air 2 at the same time.

If there isn't any news out regarding about supporting Goggles, I will return mine in 2 weeks before I can't anymore.

Mavic Air 2 is pretty awesome... I can only imagine what the Mavic 3 pro lineup would end up looking like...
2020-5-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules