X5s vs X4S
2287 4 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David J.
First Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

Quick question: I picked up an I2 that included both an X5S with stock and Panasonic 14-42 lenses and the X4S with a couple ND filters. Is there any reason to keep the X4S and not sell it? I was thinking that if I sold it I could then use the money to get a lens or two more for the X5S....  Thanks for your thoughts
Single SelectVote, Total 6 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

50.00% (3)
50.00% (3)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-4-29
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

The X4S has the mechanical shutter advantage  -VS-  the X5S rolling shutter.   

My recommendation is to keep the X4S as a backup.   But if you are in need of extra funds for more lens/accessories, then maybe its a good idea to sell it.

I have both X4S and X5S,  and I'm keeping the X4S as a backup.  
2020-4-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The advantages of X4S camera are simplicity, weight, price and mechanical shutter. The last feature makes X4S particularly suitable for mapping missions, but Inspire 2 is not really the best choice for such. That's why surveying/mapping entrepreneurs are mounting X4S on M200 drones, or opt for modified Phantom 4 Pro drone with identical camera. It has a good value,  sell it.
2020-4-29
Use props
David J.
First Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-29 11:38
The advantages of X4S camera are simplicity, weight, price and mechanical shutter. The last feature makes X4S particularly suitable for mapping missions, but Inspire 2 is not really the best choice for such. That's why surveying/mapping entrepreneurs are mounting X4S on M200 drones, or opt for modified Phantom 4 Pro drone with identical camera. It has a good value,  sell it.

Looks like DJI and most other vendors don’t really sell it, and I’m having trouble really finding it anywhere to get an idea for price. I was thinking around $500-$600 maybe? What do you think?
2020-4-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

David J. Posted at 4-29 17:42
Looks like DJI and most other vendors don’t really sell it, and I’m having trouble really finding it anywhere to get an idea for price. I was thinking around $500-$600 maybe? What do you think?

Mechanical shutter is the one and only argument on X4S side, and for this reason valued by mappers. I believe that DJI was considering to run another batch just to fulfill the demands of Enterprise clients but I'm not sure if that promise materialized. I've seen some used on eBay in $400-500 range.
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules