608 3 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ruben_M2P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1308051 ft
Norway

Mavic 2 Pro Swelling / bloated batteries
I have a Mavic 2 pro that I bought in Miami November 2018.
I have been in contact with DJI several times because the battery started to swell. DJI only answers with generic answers asking me to send in the batteries. But the instructions say that I should not send in a battery that has swelled. When I contact DJI I only get generic answers back. In the last email I was told that since I live in Norway and bought the drone in the US and DJI does not have the worldwide warranty. Then they can't help me.

What is their experience with swelling / bloated battery?
I see many people have this problem on many forums.
Has anyone got them covered under warranty?

2020-4-29
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I think your wasting your time, I can’t see them covering this but I hope you still haven’t got the swollen batteries in your home, it stands a good chance of going up in flames.
2020-4-29
Use props
TJH88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34014006 ft
United States

Had the same problem occur recently with one of my M2P battery units. It's roughly a year old and I started to notice it didn't fit properly in the aircraft due to swelling on the underside of the battery unit. I follow best charging practices from DJI, and none of the other three other battery units experienced the issue (they are from 2018 fwiw).

Fully acknowledge that batteries have a lifespan under normal use, but I think this instance was defective. Engaged DJI support and to my disappointment the best option they offered up was purchasing a brand new unit.
2020-4-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Tons of threads about this and else.

The initial batches of batteries died after 5-6 months after only a few tens of cycles.  DJI refused to help most as batteries were "consumable items".

My second set of 3 batteries are a year old but now all those are just started to swell too.
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules