12Next >
7683 47 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Phillip Bloom has pointed out the DJI drones are oversharpened... can a firmware update be released so that we can adjust them manually in the app? Thanks!

2020-4-29
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

+1 ... Please fix this as soon as possible ... it looks like a little thing but without this manual control  a lot of filmmakers will return their Mavic AIR 2 after 30 days.
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ICDroneSE. Mavic Air 2 does not support to adjust sharpness and contrast. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.
2020-4-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is very sad this is not present in the MA2!
2020-5-1
Use props
Ashley Walton
lvl.2

Australia

PLEASE!! UPDATE THE APP TO GIVE US THIS CONTROL!!!!
2020-5-1
Use props
djiuser_qJ2Nel9tl9Gk
lvl.2

United States

I'd also like to see manual sharpness and contrast controls.
2020-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It should come in first update “hopefully “
2020-5-2
Use props
Tyler68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1194295 ft
United States

YES!!! There is absolutely no reason that this should not be an included option. It is not hardware limited. I fully intended to buy this drone, in fact I sold my original Air a couple days ago to buy this one, but without a few of those video setting options I'm not sure I can buy this drone.
2020-5-4
Use props
Tyler68
lvl.2
United States

YES!!! There is absolutely no reason that this should not be an included option. It is not hardware limited. I fully intended to buy this drone, in fact I sold my original Air a couple days ago to buy this one, but without a few of those video setting options I'm not sure I can buy this drone. The absence of D-Log is also clearly only so that professional videographers will have to buy the Mavic 2 Pro. If you care at all about your giving your customers what they want, you'll add D-Log and manual sharpness control. Heck, I'd even be down for a paid upgrade for the Log profile. Just please make it happen.
2020-5-4
Use props
Tyler68
lvl.2
United States

Tyler68 Posted at 5-4 04:51
YES!!! There is absolutely no reason that this should not be an included option. It is not hardware limited. I fully intended to buy this drone, in fact I sold my original Air a couple days ago to buy this one, but without a few of those video setting options I'm not sure I can buy this drone. The absence of D-Log is also clearly only so that professional videographers will have to buy the Mavic 2 Pro. If you care at all about your giving your customers what they want, you'll add D-Log and manual sharpness control. Heck, I'd even be down for a paid upgrade for the Log profile. Just please make it happen.

Also, it seems like the hardware on this drone would probably be able to support an HD "HQ Mode" like the Mavic 2 Pro, just in HD instead of 4k. If these feature were added, I would absolutely buy this drone.
2020-5-4
Use props
Ashley Walton
lvl.2

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-2 14:37
It should come in first update “hopefully “

Only thing this drone needs to be an absolute killer!
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ashley Walton Posted at 5-4 05:03
Only thing this drone needs to be an absolute killer!

Yeah seems like this one shouldn’t be to difficult .
2020-5-4
Use props
Ashlukewalton
lvl.2

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-4 06:14
Yeah seems like this one shouldn’t be to difficult .

Lets hope they get onto it sooner than later
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ashlukewalton Posted at 5-4 08:14
Lets hope they get onto it sooner than later

Yeah well I suppose if we keep coming back to this thread they might get the message, I really can’t see it being a problem, I suppose new app and all that, I’m a bit app ignorant but I think it should be easy.
2020-5-4
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is really a must have feature in any video device.  Please stay with the times DJi and give us control over the sharpness.  Don't be like Sony and put fake limits on your electronics.
2020-5-4
Use props
Ashlukewalton
lvl.2

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-4 08:26
Yeah well I suppose if we keep coming back to this thread they might get the message, I really can’t see it being a problem, I suppose new app and all that, I’m a bit app ignorant but I think it should be easy.

I tend to agree, the more attention this gets the more likely it will happen soon.

I think people that don't understand how powerful this is need to be educated.

Having the ability on my MA1 made the video quality go from Okay, to pretty damn good.
2020-5-4
Use props
Joe Foreman
lvl.3
Australia

Adding my support to this feature request. The sharpening of the picture is a bit too harsh on the MA2, degrading otherwise excellent footage.

As others have noted sharpening can easily be added in post production, but softening and removing over sharpened artifacts is MUCH harder.

Please consider adding this picture control in an upcoming firmware update. Thanks, a new MA2 owner.
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_7vPqYV7mHIp8
New

United States

Also agree that the Mavic Air 2 needs manual sharpening added!
2020-5-17
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
Any chance that the company will be releasing updates for the Mavic Air 2 so that we can control the gimbal and also the sensitivity of the controller sticks? i.e.
1/Gimbal Speed Control
2/Control Expo sensitivity settings

Thank you for your assistance with this
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_hoWdG09DHKbt
lvl.2
Australia

Also adding my support for sharpening and contrast control
2020-5-18
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Got my MA2 a couple of days ago, frankly quite shocked that controlling sharpening and contrast is not a feature?!
2020-5-19
Use props
lgibson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 303763 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes please fix this !!!
2020-5-19
Use props
fanse5ccf37d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United Kingdom

Yes! This is a must have. Currently selling my original Mavic Pro to buy this and it’s putting me off that I can’t do this! It’s not like it isn’t a premium device!
2020-5-23
Use props
faroscin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36673 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I'd like to contribute to the request. The MA2 is a great product, but being aimed at prosumers, this sharpness stuff is unacceptable.
I think I'm going to return mine and wait to see if there's an update.
2020-5-25
Use props
JonasK
New

Finland

I support this request.

The artificial sharpness ruins the footage and makes it unusable.

Please, fix this asap.
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_udnaeJRU63tO
New

Germany

totally agreed.. i just reviewed my first footage and was kind of shocked about the noise on a bright sunny day...
don't downgrade our options on that pricerange
2020-5-28
Use props
Inspireart
lvl.1
United States

We need this! Even the scenes in your promotional videos have scenes that are over sharpened. Please fix this. I love the drone otherwise. I do not want to have to return it. Softening in post production has not worked well. Please add the Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation controls my original air has.  I can not be believe this was left out of such a capable drone!
2020-6-9
Use props
Inspireart
lvl.1
United States

Here is a quick YouTube video I made showing the problem. https://youtu.be/HZteDBLwuhw
2020-6-9
Use props
fans3d632222
lvl.1
Slovenia

Video is just too sharp and noisy.. even at 100 iso.. and I also hate that I cant change sensitivity of joysticks.. please repair this with firmware update
2020-6-10
Use props
Genta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469295 ft
Indonesia

Please help this dji, i need manual control because footage is to sharp,noise and useless.
2020-6-11
Use props
Genta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469295 ft
Indonesia

I sold my phantom dji to get this by expecting better features and video quality, but what I got was the video that produced Ma2 was worse than my previous phantom dji, because it was too sharp and noise. Please DJI give manual control to adjust the sharpness, contrast, like other drones. I believe in the absence of this feature, most video makers will return ma2 to DJI, because video footage is useless.  please fix this
2020-6-11
Use props
Alboom
lvl.1
Taiwan

@DJI can we have confirmation that this will be fixed?? The footages are just unusable at this time! Please confirm this else I will sadly have to return my drone as I can’t do anything with it...
2020-6-16
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

2020-6-16
Use props
ep.videopro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1203123 ft
  • >>>
United States

If we have to crowd fund and pay to have manual sharpness control, contrast, plus saturation I’ll drop in money! I purchased my Mavic air 2 thinking it had these features because my last air had them and now...... 2 steps back? Come on Dji???? Do I have to return my drone? This is the Air 2 we are talking about not the mini....... PLEASE HELP!
2020-6-27
Use props
Geraldos
New

Netherlands

Yes, it's a bit of a bummer! I assumed when buying the Mavic Air 2 it was default available in the settings. I hope you can fix this in a new firmware update (and app if necessary).
2020-7-8
Use props
fansa4330c25
New

United States

Just piling on so DJI gets the message.  
This should be an easy fix and definitely an essential one! Fix this PLEASE !!!
2020-7-12
Use props
Colesb01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 515 ft
United Kingdom

Please add this DJI, it's killing the footage.

It's the only tangible thing that's preventing it from being the best drone out there! The rest is just window dressing.

2020-7-28
Use props
baukechac
New

Costa Rica

Im sure many will return this drone if manual sharpening and expo settings are not included in the next update, why the fake limitations dji?
2020-8-19
Use props
baukechac
New

Costa Rica

Alboom Posted at 6-16 16:38
@DJI can we have confirmation that this will be fixed?? The footages are just unusable at this time! Please confirm this else I will sadly have to return my drone as I can’t do anything with it...

same, if this update does not come soon I will have to return mine, I wont even sell it to someone else cause this footage is straight up unusable.
2020-8-19
Use props
fans8627d3fc
lvl.1

United States

Yes, PLEASE pass this information and request on. The default sharpening is WAY to much!!! My Mavic Air 2 just arrived this week and I was shocked by the oversharpening and the lack of sharpening control. Thank you!
2020-9-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules