Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft Movement Error with latest DJI Assistant 2
2519 3 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dalegreer
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone been able to calibrate the vision system on their Mavic 2 Pro since the latest update?

I'm getting the "Aircraft Movement Error" about 3 seconds into the calibration on my newest Windows desktop.

I tried it on my 2010 MacBook pro, but it looks like it can't keep up with the data rate, the onscreen video of the sensors gets way behind the motion, and eventually it just stops.

Same thing with an older Windows desktop.

Anybody know of a trick to make this software work? What about downgrading, is there a place where you can get earlier versions of DJI Assistant 2 that worked?

I'm not looking for answers from DJI support, I'm not going to make a video, and I've already reinstalled the software, already rebooted my Mavic and updated its software. What I would like from DJI is for them to Open Source DJI Assistant 2 so that competent people could get it working as advertised.

2020-4-29
Use props
WayneBru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344180 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same problem. Did you get it resolved?
2020-5-3
Use props
dalegreer
lvl.1
United States

WayneBru Posted at 5-3 10:22
I'm having the same problem. Did you get it resolved?

Actually I did, but from a software developer's point of view it was pretty stupid, they still need to fix their software.

On my two older machines the video from the aircraft would do ok at first, but then get progressively more behind until the software hung. On my newer, faster machine, the video was fine, but I'd get the aircraft movement error.

But then I remembered my older desktop PC has two different USB boards, one on the front with slower USB, like 2.0 or 1.0, and one on the back with USB 3.0 (I think). Anyway, I switched the aircraft from the front to the back ports on my PC, and then it worked. I guess the USB on the back is faster so it can keep up with the video.

So you have to have a machine that's not too slow and not too fast. As a software developer, this makes me think they have no timing or throttling in the software, they just depend on whatever compatibility exists in the computers they're programming on at work, and not testing on anything else.
2020-5-3
Use props
compaqxl590gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128 ft

United States

Get Beg Borrow a Mac Laptop first try. Pc endless aircraft movement loops
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules