Mavic Air 2 with DJI Goggles
74638 289 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elvizz666
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83317 ft
Thailand

I would be soooo happy if my new Mavic Air 2 would be compatible with the Goggles.
Anyway, it is a really cool drone.
2020-6-20
Use props
Elvizz666
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83317 ft
Thailand

Is there maybe a different brand of goggles that could work with the Mavic Air 2? Or are they using different protocols?
2020-6-20
Use props
djiuser_q5iaj9hCKj59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1109 ft
United States

djiuser_q5iaj9hCKj59 Posted at 6-12 15:01
Received my mavic 2 air yesterday.  Tried to fly today.  Screen on my galaxy s8+ mostly washed out by the sun.  Is there any type of adapter/hardware to route hdmi to my eachine ev200d goggles?  It's too expensive to buy smart controller for hdmi output.  Are there any other goggles I can buy that are compatible?  I can't use box type goggles because of my vision.

I gave up after trying to fly in the summer Florida sun and not able to see my galaxy S8+ screen.  I returned the mavic air 2 to adorama for a full refund minus return shipping.
2020-6-20
Use props
Spooky Spirits
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1204255 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_q5iaj9hCKj59 Posted at 6-20 14:55
I gave up after trying to fly in the summer Florida sun and not able to see my galaxy S8+ screen.  I returned the mavic air 2 to adorama for a full refund minus return shipping.

I've got a few days left in my return window... I'm considering it but I know I'll regret it. Everything else about this drone has been great but I miss my FPV.
2020-6-22
Use props
Ardazarok
New
France

Spooky Spirits Posted at 6-22 01:18
I've got a few days left in my return window... I'm considering it but I know I'll regret it. Everything else about this drone has been great but I miss my FPV.

Hey guys, I received my Air 2 a few months ago, and I really love everything about it. No problem with it apart from that one time it ended up in a tall tree (didn't know that sport mode deactivated all sensors, duh)
I had also bought the Goggles thinking like everyone here I could use it, and after a few unsuccessful tries, I read this forum thread. I still don't understand why we're almost in July now and there's nothing done for this issue, not the slightest little indication on wether it will never work on DJI Goggles, or if this is a work in progress. Come on guys, a little info for your users, is it too much to ask ? This is a 800+$ gadget !
I was lucky enough to be able to send the goggles to Amazon without any trouble, but 1/ I really could have saved this hassle, and 2/ Not being able to fly with in FPV is a major disappointment for me. One way or another I'll get this working, even if this means using a third party app on a Samsung Gear.
If the reason that DJI does nothing for us is legal, then just say it ! Because if this is not the case, you're losing a lot of sales here...
2020-6-22
Use props
rene1mahr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190190 ft
United States

deisenhour1 Posted at 6-19 18:17
My solution.

Rocketfish™ - HDMI Coupler - Multi

@Deisenhour1
Could you elaborate a bit more how you cast with help of those devices?

Thanks
Rene
2020-6-22
Use props
deisenhour1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216014 ft
United States

rene1mahr Posted at 6-22 12:53
@Deisenhour1
Could you elaborate a bit more how you cast with help of those devices?

Use White hdmi Cable in Goggle box to HDMI adapter. Then Plug in cast device to hdmi adapter.  Plug in casting device and cast screen with phone. Use HDMI input on goggles.  and Bobs your uncle.
2020-6-22
Use props
nandeaux101
New

United States

Sitting here with a Mavic Mini, waiting for the DJI lady who comes in here every once in a while to deliver good news, either about a firmware update on the DJI fly app that will fix all or for a new goggle to be released that is compatible with the DJI fly app.  Either way, these products are made in China, everything about mass produced products in a factory is months delayed due to Covid, so if you expect stuff to be flying off an assembly line right now you’re nuts. Everything from shipping to factories to phone centers have all been impacted by this global shut down.  Try walking to Best Buy and you’ll see al the drone stuff is gone, not because oooh everyone wants a drone but because there is no replenishing stuff right now due to products not being produced.  

2020-6-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

nandeaux101 Posted at 6-24 10:41
Sitting here with a Mavic Mini, waiting for the DJI lady who comes in here every once in a while to deliver good news, either about a firmware update on the DJI fly app that will fix all or for a new goggle to be released that is compatible with the DJI fly app.  Either way, these products are made in China, everything about mass produced products in a factory is months delayed due to Covid, so if you expect stuff to be flying off an assembly line right now you’re nuts. Everything from shipping to factories to phone centers have all been impacted by this global shut down.  Try walking to Best Buy and you’ll see al the drone stuff is gone, not because oooh everyone wants a drone but because there is no replenishing stuff right now due to products not being produced.

would you pay $559 for the new goggles?
2020-6-24
Use props
fansb5afab1e
lvl.1
United States

deisenhour1 Posted at 6-22 18:16
Use White hdmi Cable in Goggle box to HDMI adapter. Then Plug in cast device to hdmi adapter.  Plug in casting device and cast screen with phone. Use HDMI input on goggles.  and Bobs your uncle.

do you have a video of this?
2020-6-24
Use props
Devilz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1151555 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was able to do some testing with my MA2 connected to my DJI goggles via HDMI using Miracast device on iOS while on a camping trip in the back country last week and it does work with good image quality. With no wireless congestion frame rate was decent but still suffered from occasional stutter and it seemed the longer the video was streaming the larger the lag became, after about 10 minutes I saw about a half second lag which I was able to clear by rebooting the Miracast and setting up mirroring again. In a pinch it will work but not terribly elegant having to use an external USB power bank and experiencing occasional frame skips. If you must have DJI goggles support this is probably the best option available at this time for iOS users. I have tried using the Apple lightning HDMI adapter but the adapter will not handshake to an external data device (DJI remote) over lightning port while mirroring the screen to the HDMI port on the same dongle.
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_hIrjhBtJGYCq
New

United States

I recently bought a magic air 2 and DJI goggles, then waited for 2 months for them to deliver. Finally get everything and now I learn that the goggles don't work with the drone!! I was so excited to fly with the goggles, and now I'm just angry. There was no warning message on site, every indication was that the goggles work. Now I have to return them and tell my kids that they won't get to fly along with dad. I'm not even sure I want to keep the Mavic Air 2 now.
2020-7-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_hIrjhBtJGYCq Posted at 7-3 17:05
I recently bought a magic air 2 and DJI goggles, then waited for 2 months for them to deliver. Finally get everything and now I learn that the goggles don't work with the drone!! I was so excited to fly with the goggles, and now I'm just angry. There was no warning message on site, every indication was that the goggles work. Now I have to return them and tell my kids that they won't get to fly along with dad. I'm not even sure I want to keep the Mavic Air 2 now.

would you like a recommendation on a few nice drones that actually DO work with the goggles?
2020-7-3
Use props
djiuser_Erdckny1kMrU
New

United States

I would love those recommendations, The Saint!

I was about to buy MA2 and goggles tonight. So glad I dug a little deeper to find they don’t work together. Absolute deal breaker for me, unfortunately.
2020-7-4
Use props
chrischip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568773 ft
South Africa

I guess it is related to the occusyn signal not compatible with the goggles? i hope there will be firmware update or a fall back to old signal from the drone itself.....

no goggles compatibility is a big marketing mistake (unless they planning to push a new goggle model to the market???)
2020-7-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Erdckny1kMrU Posted at 7-4 01:20
I would love those recommendations, The Saint!

I was about to buy MA2 and goggles tonight. So glad I dug a little deeper to find they don’t work together. Absolute deal breaker for me, unfortunately.

when paired with the dji googles, the mavic 2 zoom works greats.  not only is the feed clear and concise but also the tracking and control works surprisingly well.  the experience is truly immersive and even though it's a pretty expensive setup, I think it is unique and worth it for the experience.  battery life is decent and the software is kept up to date so not buggy at all.  my only complaint is the googles are pretty restrictive and you'll be cut off from the outside world so be prepared for that which is why you should have a spotter.  also if you have eye problems, you will need those corrective lens inserts which work well for me.  not the most attractive while wearing the goggles but you and/or your guest will love the overall experience.  oh and the m2z with scm is probably the best all-around drone (quality, price, features) on the market....as of last year. ;)
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_RZ9Nqcvzc7lI
New
United States

djiuser_hIrjhBtJGYCq Posted at 7-3 17:05
I recently bought a magic air 2 and DJI goggles, then waited for 2 months for them to deliver. Finally get everything and now I learn that the goggles don't work with the drone!! I was so excited to fly with the goggles, and now I'm just angry. There was no warning message on site, every indication was that the goggles work. Now I have to return them and tell my kids that they won't get to fly along with dad. I'm not even sure I want to keep the Mavic Air 2 now.

Same thing! Sooooo disappointed!!!!!
2020-7-8
Use props
Zadde
lvl.2
Sweden

Seriously DJI, please provide some information about whether or not there is a roadmap for making DJI Goggles compatible with the Mavic Air 2. At least shine some light on why there is no compatibility.
I agree with most of the former statements here and in my opinion it really isn't too much to ask.
I must say that I'm extremely surprised (and not in a good way) that DJI has chosen the path of getting massive critisism and angry Air 2 customers, over guaranteed profit from Goggles sales.
If there for some reason are issues with the Goggles, act professionally. Just admit it and handle it.
PS. I purchased the Goggles as soon as they hit the market and have been using them with Mavic Pro. I only have great things to say! The experience is epic, for sure! Please stop preventing people from experiencing this kind of wow-factor. DS.
2020-7-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zadde Posted at 7-8 21:42
Seriously DJI, please provide some information about whether or not there is a roadmap for making DJI Goggles compatible with the Mavic Air 2. At least shine some light on why there is no compatibility.
I agree with most of the former statements here and in my opinion it really isn't too much to ask.
I must say that I'm extremely surprised (and not in a good way) that DJI has chosen the path of getting massive critisism and angry Air 2 customers, over guaranteed profit from Goggles sales.

I would love to have the googles work with ma2.  ultimately I am ok with the partial experience googles users will received once the ma2 is compatible with the scm.
2020-7-9
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

...guess 'new' goggles are on the way
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_q5iaj9hCKj59
lvl.3
United States

crosswired Posted at 7-9 08:06
...guess 'new' goggles are on the way

I hope so.  I bought these skyview googles.  With the hdmi converter and all the cables, it feels like I'm wearing a concrete block on my head.  Hate it.  Now I have a samsung tablet and tablet holder on order.
2020-7-9
Use props
nuggetz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571 ft
United States

Cant those VR goggles that you attach your phone onto work? There must be some goggles with a fresnel lense that one could mount their phone onto?
2020-7-13
Use props
djiuser_q5iaj9hCKj59
lvl.3
United States

nuggetz Posted at 7-13 09:30
Cant those VR goggles that you attach your phone onto work? There must be some goggles with a fresnel lense that one could mount their phone onto?

I was wondering the same as you.  A set of goggles with the wireless display receiver built-in.  Or a "wifi" receiver module to plug into your fatshark goggles.  In either case you could cast your mobile phone display to your goggles.
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_uwgXOkSc5Qz0
New

Brazil

fansbe1990f6 Posted at 5-10 17:28
Are you kidding me . I just sold my Mavic Air and purchased mavic air 2 excited to used my DJI googles. Now I’m reading that my googles are useless. I will request for a refund . Really disappointing news DJI!!!

Really disappointing too!
2020-7-15
Use props
ed_duffy
lvl.1

United States

SN47 Posted at 4-30 01:57
Let's hope this will change quickly. I won't buy the Mavic Air 2 before the goggles are compatible.

Me neither!
2020-7-22
Use props
djiuser_h7mAU9FE7EG8
New

United States

When are googles gonna be compatible with Ma2 ????????????Are they gonna be ????? Buy my ma2 or trade me for m2z , and googkez  
2020-7-22
Use props
Userpass
New

Sweden

djiuser_h7mAU9FE7EG8 Posted at 7-22 22:15
When are googles gonna be compatible with Ma2 ????????????Are they gonna be ????? Buy my ma2 or trade me for m2z , and googkez

Probably not
2020-7-24
Use props
djiuser_cYbZ9CfvObNT
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-1 03:29
Hi monstermac77, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support DJI Goggles, sorry for the frustration, your need will be transferred to our engineers for attention, please stay tuned to the future update on DJI Website.

I’m keen to get the magic air 2, but won’t buy until the FPV goggles are available. It would be great if they were compatible with the mini as well. Then I’d get two pairs. Important for DJI to get on with this functionality
2020-7-27
Use props
Carl Bartlett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169872 ft
Canada

Gave a deposit for buying the mavic air 2!! I'm also gonna withdraw my buy, I was sure Goggles could be synced, sad just sad!!

2020-8-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Carl Bartlett Posted at 8-2 15:36
Gave a deposit for buying the mavic air 2!! I'm also gonna withdraw my buy, I was sure Goggles could be synced, sad just sad!!

I think you beef is with the merchant who took your deposit since they should have rejected it and tell you the truth.
2020-8-2
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

still no word from DJI .... really disappointing
2020-8-6
Use props
avinash69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 986644 ft
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

The Saint Posted at 7-3 18:25
would you like a recommendation on a few nice drones that actually DO work with the goggles?

i am disappointed about the MA2 cant work with the goggles..i have an inspire 1 v2, mavic pro (which links up wirelessly), the mavic zoom and i was about to buy the  MA2.so i guess i am not buying the MA2..i have the autel evo and it works with the dji goggles.. very dissapopinted!
2020-8-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

avinash69 Posted at 8-8 01:01
i am disappointed about the MA2 cant work with the goggles..i have an inspire 1 v2, mavic pro (which links up wirelessly), the mavic zoom and i was about to buy the  MA2.so i guess i am not buying the MA2..i have the autel evo and it works with the dji goggles.. very dissapopinted!

...but you're using the term "works" loosely.  lol lol
2020-8-8
Use props
Peter Andrachuk
New

Canada

Damn. Glad I checked here... Was about to checkout with both the MA2 and Goggles. Now they lost both sales and I'm going to have to go find another drone that actually works with FPV. Such a struggle as almost everything else I found was a makeshift solution. So disappointed in DJI. I guess better to find out before they got $2k + out of me.
2020-8-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Peter Andrachuk Posted at 8-8 14:39
Damn. Glad I checked here... Was about to checkout with both the MA2 and Goggles. Now they lost both sales and I'm going to have to go find another drone that actually works with FPV. Such a struggle as almost everything else I found was a makeshift solution. So disappointed in DJI. I guess better to find out before they got $2k + out of me.

I think you can get a m2z + compatible googles for $2k.
2020-8-8
Use props
Swinkels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4961673 ft
Netherlands

I bought the goggles for the Mavic Air 2, and tried various settings, but unfortunately, nothing worked, maybe waiting for the next version
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_TS8SJNjrdUGE
New

Sweden

Very very dissapointed on you DJI. My expensive goggles now just collecting dust when I found out they font work at all with my new MA2!   
2020-8-10
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

A version of DJI GO 4 is in the Goggles which is why it doesn't work for us.  They either need a way to flash a Fly App type firmware into it, or time for new Goggles.
2020-8-10
Use props
fansc904141a
lvl.1

United States

The Saint Posted at 7-3 18:25

Recommendation...
I have had the white goggles with my spark for a long time and it works great.
For the money, the spark is a great buy.  The camera is quite good for the price and the performance is great (I also recommend NLD for sports++ mode).
I have not been tempted to upgrade until I saw the MA2 then was disappointed because it lacked goggle support.
Flying with goggles is very immersive, more fun, with excellent viewing regardless of sun position.
I find it much easier to keep track of all the instrument readings while enjoying the view.
I find it easier to fly through trees, or do close inspections of roofs.
I can fly in passenger mode...when kids take turns wearing the goggles while I fly with my phone.
You never get screams or gasps when they just look at the phone over your shoulder (yawn).
I will not upgrade without goggle capability.
BTW the goggles are really useful for many other things.  I have a tiny hdmi camera on a long cord with led for inspecting inside of walls or getting a good view of hard to see places.

When it is really supported (and I see the specs) I might consider getting the MA2 and the smart controller then use the hdmi out to the goggles.  I have to use a cable for the spark and never find it a problem.  I don't even particularly like using the goggle controls for picture taking.  
2020-8-12
Use props
djiuser_OBn1ejnb3Mnt
New

United States

Please add me to the list. If DJI starts supporting Mavic Air 2 with their Goggles,  I will reconsider buying.
2020-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules