Mavic Air 2 with DJI Goggles
74639 289 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WyeeVG8asWWS
New

United States

We can hijack the RF Occusync Signals and decode it to an hdmi out. A simple SDR like hackRF should do the trick Man in the middle. If DJI doesn’t have a google solution for Mavic Air 2 then they must not be concerned with someone else capitalizing from a third party patch. Mindy can you pass this on to the appropriate contact in your organization.
2020-8-18
Use props
maddch
New

Cyprus

I can not believe it doesnt support goggles, omg what the hell
2020-8-24
Use props
Latchback
lvl.1

United States

I recently got the Mavic Air 2 and will probably get the smart controller plus goggles if it is compatible at some point.
2020-8-25
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

The price on the Mavic 2 is dropping on refurbished units, may be worthwhile buying one and enjoy my Googles.
2020-8-26
Use props
Digitalfeat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467946 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-1 03:29
Hi monstermac77, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support DJI Goggles, sorry for the frustration, your need will be transferred to our engineers for attention, please stay tuned to the future update on DJI Website.

Thank you DJI Mindy, please keep us posted.  
2020-9-5
Use props
djiuser_BD8C9Uyc3lWo
New
Flight distance : 338022 ft
United States

Why have an FPV MODE and not have capable goggles to complete the experience ? Dji is on a roll with the recent updates and  out of the box performance.  Why not keep the momentum by giving us Mavic Air 2 users what we deserve...true FPV ?!
2020-9-9
Use props
Ds67888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji goggles setup allows me to select MA2 in a drop-down, but can't get it to connect
2020-9-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ds67888 Posted at 9-10 17:52
Dji goggles setup allows me to select MA2 in a drop-down, but can't get it to connect

are you sure this isn't what you are looking at:

Mavic II

because this is not MA2 but instead it's the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom.
2020-9-10
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

guess we can forget about goggles being compatible with ma2 at this stage
2020-9-11
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

DJI, any news by any chance?
2020-9-17
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

Can we just call this a dead dream already DJI?
2020-9-24
Use props
ScubaSteveLHC
New
Flight distance : 34843 ft
United States

I'm currently downloading the newest Firmware for the Smart Controller which adds Mavic Air 2 capability.
Maybe this means support for Goggles is coming soon?
Come on DJI, take my money!

*update
Firmware is updated and working great. Right wheel is now a zoom wheel but only in video mode, not photo.
Had issues getting the firmware updated. My fix was to to do a factory reset and make sure the three items under settings are checked. I think they are UID, Improvement program and one other. Sorry, I'm still new to DJi products.
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_epoEaeP4rEoD
New

United States

djiuser_KexaH63Ms0Qn Posted at 5-12 01:24
I really want DJI google support for the mavic air 2 as well.

Very upset that this hasn’t been added for release:/

Me too. Hopefully their amazing team can pull it off.
2020-10-17
Use props
errogaht
New

Russia

DJI Mindy, is there an update?
i am also wanted to buy ma2 goggles re because goggles adv says "supports mavic siries".
siries is a group of products with the same name, and in this case name is mavic (that is how people understand)
It is absolutely unbelievable for me when i noticed that goggles RE is not compatible with MA2 it is uniqe situation on market. of course i will not buy MA2 until DJI will add FPV solution for it
2020-10-20
Use props
Jack Window
lvl.1

New Zealand

Goggles and the Mavic Air 2 will be a perfect synergy,
Please DJI your a market leader don’t lose market share on a strategic marketing blunder buy not enabling DJI goggles to work with the Mavic Air 2.
Awaiting news
2020-10-21
Use props
djiuser_WbG1t1UPtAr7
lvl.1
United States

Just got my MA2 and cannot comprehend how or why they are incompatible with the DJI Googles, please push this update thru ASAP, considering a return now as the FPV feature is so important!
2020-10-23
Use props
Jimbo40
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-7 01:18
DJI Goggles support Mavic 2, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series,  Mavic Air, Spark, Inspire series, but not the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your frustration will be forwarded to the development team for attention, please stay tuned to the future update on DJI website.

Hi DJI Mindy. I to have a mavic pro and was looking at the mavic air 2 to use with my goggles. If it is not supported I’m not going to buy it after all. I may even be looking at drones else where now they don’t support my goggles. It’s a shame but if DJI won’t help us then I’m afraid we will have to look else where
2020-10-24
Use props
fans00ec7f51
New
Flight distance : 8163 ft
Georgia

Hi monstermac77, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support DJI Goggles, sorry for the frustration, your need will be transferred to our engineers for attention, please stay tuned to the future update on DJI Website.

hallo Mindy is there any news about dji goggle and mavic air 2?  any updates?
2020-11-3
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Apparently the Air 2 will work with googles if you have it connected to the smart controller.
2020-11-3
Use props
djiuser_C9TLOASP1qzA
lvl.4
Spain

You know I bought the Mavic Air 2 blindly and I even if I regret it, I'm happy with the footage it videos. I hope it gets a software update in which it would be able to connect to the DJI goggles because I heard it's now compatible with the DJI smart controller.
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_WbG1t1UPtAr7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy,

I hope you are well!  I would love it so much if development team would please add mavic air 2 support for the DJI Goggles.  Surely i would buy them and become your biggest fan!

Best,
Green Horn
2020-11-6
Use props
George.Kucher
New
Flight distance : 345902 ft
Ukraine

May I joint to other's expectations and hopes (as a MA2 owner) that someday in the foreseeable future DJI will introduce a new pair of better goggles. Which will be compatible with Mavic Air 2
Or will finally add compatibility with the old ones.
2020-11-11
Use props
Rodion S
lvl.2

Ukraine

I also would like to subscribe on this subject. I'm really waiting googles to be supported by my mavic air 2
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_DmYv2ceegzZL
New
United States

I think because of the OcuSync 2 system in the Air 2 and Mini 2, the Goggles are not compatible with that transmit system. I would guess that because the original goggles are seemingly out of stock that product development is probably tight lipped but I would be willing to be a compatible revision of Ocusync goggles is in the works. I would hope based off the success of the ocusync system DJI steers the entire product line (drones) to that so all can be if it from FPV not just the ones who can afford 2g for a drone.
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_QdbpWt4cCwwb
New
Flight distance : 50433 ft
United States

The Mavic Air 2 DOES work with the goggles if you have the Smart Controller. Here is my reply to the question from DJI support.

Sorry for the long waiting, we have confirmed with our engineers, the answer to your question is yes.
Mavic Air 2 works with the Smart Controller, and transfer the video transmitting image into the DJI Goggles with an HDMI cable, this will work.
2020-11-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_QdbpWt4cCwwb Posted at 11-25 07:12
The Mavic Air 2 DOES work with the goggles if you have the Smart Controller. Here is my reply to the question from DJI support.

Sorry for the long waiting, we have confirmed with our engineers, the answer to your question is yes.

we already knew this.  but you're using the term "work" loosely.

the mavic 2 zoom WORKS with the googles.
the mavic 2 air cannot do the same things with the googles.  it does NOT work.

simply seeing the screen thru the googles is hardly what i would call "works."  thousands of products "work" with the goggles.  however, different people have different definitions of the word "works" so i guess if you are not familiar with how well the m2z works then you will buy the googles, rig it up using the smart controller, and perhaps you'll be fine with watching your ma2.

you have ma2 and then you buy the googles and a smart controller just so you can see the screen?  what an expensive waste of time.
eta:  just so i am up to date, i will dust off my googles and update all the softwares and put this together again with the ma2 and scm to see if there is any improvements lately.  perhaps i am missing something.
2020-11-25
Use props
Strayngs
New
Flight distance : 50433 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-25 07:57
we already knew this.  but you're using the term "work" loosely.

the mavic 2 zoom WORKS with the googles.

Ok .... sorry late to the party. I just ordered my MA2 and Smart Controller which have not arrived yet. I just reached out to DJI to see if it will work as I was having a hard time finding a definite answer to this question.
2020-11-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Strayngs Posted at 11-25 09:53
Ok .... sorry late to the party. I just ordered my MA2 and Smart Controller which have not arrived yet. I just reached out to DJI to see if it will work as I was having a hard time finding a definite answer to this question.

it's not hard to find the answers.  here are the answers.

for the ma2:
the smart controller works.
the googles do not work.
2020-11-25
Use props
Twistedlarch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3948947 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi monstermac77, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support DJI Goggles, sorry for the frustration, your need will be transferred to our engineers for attention, please stay tuned to the future update on DJI Website.

Meanwhile my $550 goggles are useless  and nothing but a paper weight!  That and a bunch of features the MA2 should have but don't makes it even more frustrating!  I won't be purchasing anymore DJI products!
2020-11-25
Use props
PISCorp.
New
Denmark

I too will be holding off buying any new drone until my Goggles work.
2020-11-29
Use props
Mal501
lvl.4
Spain

Jabereggmac.com Posted at 6-7 17:56
With the popularity of Mavic Air 2 they would sell a phenomenal amount of goggles.  Please encourage the engineers to step up and get this done ASAP.

Exactly, I truly agree with this, and as an owner of the Mavic Air 2, I truly think they should ''step up their game'' and add more accessories that owners can buy.
2020-11-30
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Dear DJI,

My 30-day return window is closing in just a week for my Mavic Air 2 Fly more combo kit.
I need some clarification from DJI whether or not you plan on supporting DJI Goggles WITH head tracking for Mavic Air 2 in the near future.
I love the drone, but without the head tracking feature, it is not staying.
Please let me know.

Thanks!

2020-12-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 12-3 20:33
Dear DJI,

My 30-day return window is closing in just a week for my Mavic Air 2 Fly more combo kit.

goggles with head tracking for the ma2 will not be here in 30 day; go ahead and return the ma2 drone if that is what you are looking for.  in the future, you should know that buying incompatible products knowing they don't work and then threatening to trigger a return if everything doesn't work the way you want them to is not a reasonable method to get what you want.  may i suggest the dji mavic 2 zoom?  great drone, takes good pictures and video, price is not extremely high....and it absolutely works with googles and head-tracking.  what you seek actually exists, let's see how much you are really interested.

btw, i've head tracked with my googles; not even sure why you crave this; it's not all that.
2020-12-3
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-3 21:07
goggles with head tracking for the ma2 will not be here in 30 day; go ahead and return the ma2 drone if that is what you are looking for.  in the future, you should know that buying incompatible products knowing they don't work and then threatening to trigger a return if everything doesn't work the way you want them to is not a reasonable method to get what you want.  may i suggest the dji mavic 2 zoom?  great drone, takes good pictures and video, price is not extremely high....and it absolutely works with googles and head-tracking.  what you seek actually exists, let's see how much you are really interested.

btw, i've head tracked with my googles; not even sure why you crave this; it's not all that.

Are you DJI?
If not, I don't remember asking you a darn question.
Since you don't seem to get what's being asked, let me rephrase; I am not asking anyone to come up with head tracking for MA2 in 30 days.
Instead, I am asking whether or not head tracking for MA2 is in the roadmap.
If MA2 hardware is not capable of head tracking by design, then the answer would be even simpler.
You got that now?
BTW, I don't consider returning mere $1k worth of stuff to DJI a threat.
It just isn't.
And don't you assume for a second I have no experience with head tracking.
I have experience in developing an entire drone system maybe not as refined but functionally equivalent to say Mavic 2 pro + smart controller + head tracking goggles from scratch.
And I mean from scratch like from custom designed PCBs to hand soldered IMU/GPS/Magnetometer/Altimeter sensors to programming of a 16-bit micro processor in C to control the entire system to custom I2C controlled ESCs plus 2-way telemetry with custom designed radio links (with help of MAVLink protocol) to 3D printed HUD with 1024x600 LCD display modules and so on all from scratch.
Look at my profile photo, everything you see there is handcrafted from scratch 10 years ago that's also when DJI was just getting started.
Don't assume somehow you know better than others. My 2c.

2020-12-3
Use props
djiuser_hP9Ffd43rxLT
New
Flight distance : 126949 ft
United States

This is my first post on this thread, I've been watching it since I bought my ma2... highly disappointed with all these great firmware patches they still are yet to add goggle support. With the leak of the upcoming fpv drone due out, I can only pray you guys will add compatibility to the ma2. Would be nice to knock out 2 drones with 1 set of goggles. Please dji hear our cries!!!! We want to hand you our money. Give us a reason!
2020-12-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DIY_Quad Posted at 12-3 22:58
Are you DJI?
If not, I don't remember asking you a darn question.
Since you don't seem to get what's being asked, let me rephrase; I am not asking anyone to come up with head tracking for MA2 in 30 days.

i am not dji but you posted your question on an open worldiwide public forum so there is that.  however, you addressed your letter directly to dji so let's wait to see how they answer your "roadmap" question or acknowledge details about future gogge capability.  there is an fpv leak so maybe they can shed some light on their plans. /s
2020-12-4
Use props
Achaiah
New

United States

Hi DJI,

Wow I don't believe this. I just bought the Mavic Air 2 completely expecting it to work with the DJI goggles. Are my $600 goggles now a super expensive paperweight? What is stopping you from adding goggle support to this otherwise awesome drone? Please include this feature in the next release.

Thanks
2020-12-5
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Here is a response I got from DJI regarding head tracking with Mavic Air 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After confirming with R&D department, there is no hardware capable of implementing head tracking.

Hvae a good day and everything goes well!

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,
Sirius
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technically, I don't believe MA2 actually needs any extra *hardware* to receive and process head tracking data and move the gimbal.
And so I'm not 100% convinced this is truely the case, but at least it is a statement that DJI isn't going to bring head tracking to MA2.

Our last hope is to wait for release of Mobile SDK for MA2 (postponed to 12/13) and see if there is anything in it for a 3rd party app like Litchi to implement head tracking.

2020-12-8
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Achaiah Posted at 12-5 13:30
Hi DJI,

Wow I don't believe this. I just bought the Mavic Air 2 completely expecting it to work with the DJI goggles. Are my $600 goggles now a super expensive paperweight? What is stopping you from adding goggle support to this otherwise awesome drone? Please include this feature in the next release.

Hope it's still within the return window for you.
2020-12-8
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Latchback Posted at 8-25 23:40
I recently got the Mavic Air 2 and will probably get the smart controller plus goggles if it is compatible at some point.

Mavic Air 2 with SmartController supports both Black and White goggles sets via HDMI port..
2020-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules