New

Moldova

youtube.com/watch?v=w7Zs1JUTWsg

2020-5-11
Use props
mark.cox63hotmail.com
lvl.1

New Zealand

Phewww.. Nearly bought one.. Yes only when compatible with goggles..
2020-5-11
Use props
chucky470
New

Brazil

Hello! Any news regarding this topic? I need to buy a drone and I would like to buy the Air 2, but the fact that it is not compatible with Goggles discouraged me.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_4HuMBABWv1T2
lvl.1

United States

Guys I already ordered a mavic air 2 before knowing it is not gonna work with the goggles... totally newbie here, but I bet goggles must be so much fun and want to be able to try them! Hope we can find out an answer soon otherwise I will return my air 2
2020-5-11
Use props
chucky470
New

Brazil

Hello! Any news regarding this topic? I need to buy a drone and I would like to buy the Air 2, but the fact that it is not compatible with Goggles discouraged me.
2020-5-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_4HuMBABWv1T2 Posted at 5-11 13:50
Guys I already ordered a mavic air 2 before knowing it is not gonna work with the goggles... totally newbie here, but I bet goggles must be so much fun and want to be able to try them! Hope we can find out an answer soon otherwise I will return my air 2

sure goggles are fun but honestly, they are not all that [for me].  my advice is go ahead and enjoy your ma2 drone and fly it around for a bit and if you find you are missing something you've never experienced (using goggles with an ma2) then by all means return the drone but my guess is you're not going to want to give up as long as you there is some hope to make the goggles fully compatibles (so far, dji has not ruled it out).  in the meantime, over the next few months while you are learning to fly properly (and the proper way to learn to fly imho is WITHOUT goggles) and exploring the various advanced features offered by the ma2, take a look at this thread and earlier posts in the forum and the mavic mini forum that talk about partial workarounds that will enable you to at least look thru the googles while flying (but not control the drone).  in the event you find an amazing deal on the goggles, buy them because unlike the mm, i think dji is actually going to deliver on making sure the googles are eventually compatible with ma2.  for this one, i think it would they would be re-miss.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_4HuMBABWv1T2
lvl.1

United States

The Saint Posted at 5-11 14:48
sure goggles are fun but honestly, they are not all that [for me].  my advice is go ahead and enjoy your ma2 drone and fly it around for a bit and if you find you are missing something you've never experienced (using goggles with an ma2) then by all means return the drone but my guess is you're not going to want to give up as long as you there is some hope to make the goggles fully compatibles (so far, dji has not ruled it out).  in the meantime, over the next few months while you are learning to fly properly (and the proper way to learn to fly imho is WITHOUT goggles) and exploring the various advanced features offered by the ma2, take a look at this thread and earlier posts in the forum and the mavic mini forum that talk about partial workarounds that will enable you to at least look thru the googles while flying (but not control the drone).  in the event you find an amazing deal on the goggles, buy them because unlike the mm, i think dji is actually going to deliver on making sure the googles are eventually compatible with ma2.  for this one, i think it would they would be re-miss.

Thanks a lot for your time and the informative comment. I will consider that, but for sure I don’t want to lose the chance of flying a drone by the goggles given since I am thinking that will be the closest experience to flying I will ever have.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_KexaH63Ms0Qn
New

United States

I really want DJI google support for the mavic air 2 as well.

Very upset that this hasn’t been added for release:/

I’ll return my air 2 until this changes. That isn’t good to have goggles that I can’t even use. What a waste.
2020-5-12
Use props
djiuser_4HuMBABWv1T2
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_KexaH63Ms0Qn Posted at 5-12 01:24
I really want DJI google support for the mavic air 2 as well.

Very upset that this hasn’t been added for release:/
The disappointing part is DJI’s silence on this matter! Several people including myself have contacted DJI already but got no clear answer.
2020-5-12
Use props
djiuser_4HuMBABWv1T2
lvl.1

United States

Just got this message from DJI support:

It is caused by some kind of hardware and software compatibility issue and there is no plan at this moment for goggles development for Mavic Air 2 series. However, your request is understood. We are hear the voice and request from the customers and then give feedback to the dedicated team for assessment. Thanks for your kind understanding.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.
Thanks for choosing DJI and have a nice day.
Best Regards
2020-5-12
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Surely this is more to do with the goggles than the new Air 2?

In the majority of the world I just don't see how use of goggles by the pilot can be considered legal now as drone laws get tidied up and put in place . I guess you would have to have a spotter who I guess would have to have a licence too. In the UK for example  I can't see how that has been provisioned for in the non professional licence setup. I mean, look at all the promotional material for the goggles on the site now - none of it has the goggles wearer with a controller in their hands.......but that is exactly what most consumers would do given the opportunity.

Therefore selling a consumer level drone with provision for goggle use seems a daft thing for DJI to do if the company wants to look upstanding and responsible.

Instead of going back and retrospectively turning it off as an option on their previously released consumer targeted drones with lots of users calling for compensation (rightly - they were sold bundled together in many cases) I predict all future consumer drone releases will just not have that feature and DJI will be working on the problem going away in time as the older drones become obsolete.
2020-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

bjr981s Posted at 5-11 04:07
Hi Mindy,

DJI have advised that the Air 2 will be supported by the SmartController.

We do not have the related information about this since the Smart Controller is not supported by Mavic Air 2 currently, please stay tuned to the latest news on the DJI website.
2020-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

robcamp1gmail.com Posted at 5-10 05:36
Thanks Mindy, like others, I am not ordering the Mavic air 2 until it supports the goggles. Please expedite the engineering request. Thank you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we will forward your frustration to our engineers.
2020-5-14
Use props
brmarcant
New

Italy

I Just put my MAVIC PRO on sale to buy the new MAVIC AIR2 but discovering that MAVIC AIR2 doesn't support my GOGGLES ... then I'll stay with MAVIC PRO. No reason to upgrade.
2020-5-14
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-11 14:48
sure goggles are fun but honestly, they are not all that [for me].  my advice is go ahead and enjoy your ma2 drone and fly it around for a bit and if you find you are missing something you've never experienced (using goggles with an ma2) then by all means return the drone but my guess is you're not going to want to give up as long as you there is some hope to make the goggles fully compatibles (so far, dji has not ruled it out).  in the meantime, over the next few months while you are learning to fly properly (and the proper way to learn to fly imho is WITHOUT goggles) and exploring the various advanced features offered by the ma2, take a look at this thread and earlier posts in the forum and the mavic mini forum that talk about partial workarounds that will enable you to at least look thru the googles while flying (but not control the drone).  in the event you find an amazing deal on the goggles, buy them because unlike the mm, i think dji is actually going to deliver on making sure the googles are eventually compatible with ma2.  for this one, i think it would they would be re-miss.

Agree...my upgrade from the Spark is a big lift.  I've never tried the goggles, the extra $500 held me back.  Guessing at some point they may open the MA2 up for goggles and if I have another $500 burning a hole in my pocket, I'll consider at that time.
2020-5-14
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

For me the biggest draw of using goggles are the improved readability in difficult lighting conditions.
2020-5-14
Use props
james.ryan.smithgmail.com
New
United States

Please make the goggles compatible. I  was literally about to order the DJI Goggles and just found out this sad news for the MA2.  Please oh please make this a reality.
2020-5-14
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Next we will be getting cars without brakes - before you use the car just wait for the new APP update that supports brakes on your car
2020-5-14
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

Droneflier Posted at 5-14 07:23
Next we will be getting cars without brakes - before you use the car just wait for the new APP update that supports brakes on your car

except thats a terrible example.  no brakes would keep you from driving.

no goggles dont keep you from flying...
2020-5-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Droneflier Posted at 5-14 07:23
Next we will be getting cars without brakes - before you use the car just wait for the new APP update that supports brakes on your car

no I think that's a poor example.

the better example is you have a 2006 Mercedes that plays all your music on CDs and you go to buy the new 2020 Mercedes and the dealership tells you this car has no CD player and if you want to play your music, you have play the music files thru your phone.  You complain that your CDs has better reliability, better portability, the music sounds better, and you don't have to tie up your phone....so you leave the dealership and refuse to buy the 2020 Mercedes until they include a cassette deck.
2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_wbbwA95azAmm
New

United States

I bought the googles with the Mavic Air 2 and I was VERY disappointed to find that the goggles aren't supported - I probably wouldn't have bought the drone if I had know ahead of time - (The Mavic Air 2 is an awesome piece though) - WE NEED THE GOGGLE SUPPORT FOR THE MAVIC AIR 2!!!!!!!!!!!!
2020-5-14
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_wbbwA95azAmm Posted at 5-14 10:41
I bought the googles with the Mavic Air 2 and I was VERY disappointed to find that the goggles aren't supported - I probably wouldn't have bought the drone if I had know ahead of time - (The Mavic Air 2 is an awesome piece though) - WE NEED THE GOGGLE SUPPORT FOR THE MAVIC AIR 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genuine question - is the use of Goggles by the drone pilot  (assuming non professional) legal where you live?

Or is that not too relevant/important to you?

I ask because I am surprised by the pique this is generating for something that can't legally be done in most of the world (apart from putting the goggles on your friend and you flying them around the sky).
2020-5-14
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
United Kingdom

To quote the CAA in the UK.....the law [at ANO article 94(3)] requires that the person in charge of a drone must maintain direct unaided visual contact with the aircraft which is sufficient to monitor its flight path so that collisions may be avoided.  This is obviously not possible if that person is wearing video goggles or otherwise constantly monitoring a display.  Therefore, FPV flight is only permitted if the activity has been approved by the CAA.
2020-5-14
Use props
Pdfeliciano
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-7 01:18
DJI Goggles support Mavic 2, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series,  Mavic Air, Spark, Inspire series, but not the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your frustration will be forwarded to the development team for attention, please stay tuned to the future update on DJI website.

I too have the dji goggles and the mavic air 2.  I really hope there’s an update to allow for compatibility.  Thank you!
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_uE7Jyws1UTkT
New

United States

Goggles are advertised as being compatible with the Mavic Series. I consider the MA2 part of the Mavic Series.  If support is not added I will consider returning the MA2 (which would be sad since I like it so far) but no Goggle support is a show stopper for me.
2020-5-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_uE7Jyws1UTkT Posted at 5-15 13:13
Goggles are advertised as being compatible with the Mavic Series. I consider the MA2 part of the Mavic Series.  If support is not added I will consider returning the MA2 (which would be sad since I like it so far) but no Goggle support is a show stopper for me.

not trying to argue with you my friend but you use the term "advertise" very loosely.  i've never seen an advert showing the googles in use with the ma2.  however, they have used it is legal and reasonable. personally i think it's a stretch for the average consumer to assume "mavic series" means forever any future drone with the word "mavic" in it.  but relax, unlike our mavic mini friends, you stand a better chance dji might work out something for us mavic air 2 goggle owners.
2020-5-15
Use props
fansdd50b377
New

United States

GoldFire Posted at 5-3 07:00
Well this is disappointing. I hadn't heard this and ordered the Mavic Air 2, largely because I was excited to have the higher quality transmission for the DJI Goggles RE with Occusync now included. These goggles weren't exactly cheap. It is really unacceptable for support to be dropped so quickly on these.

I’m in the same boat just purchased a set of the RE goggles and the mavic air 2. I jumped the gun and now I have to sell the goggles. What a shame.
2020-5-15
Use props
fansdd50b377
New

United States

djiuser_wbbwA95azAmm Posted at 5-14 10:41

Yes!! I hope something happens soon.
2020-5-15
Use props
fans3bbf2d17
New

Norway

I've had the Phantom 3 Standard for a while and have waited for something like the new MA2.
When it was released and was pretty quick to go'n buy it and at the same time picked up a pair of goggles as I also read that they were compatible with the Mavic Series.

I'm not at the stage were I'm thinking of returning the MA2, however since both the goggles and the MA2 use OCUSYNC and it is supported on older models it seems strange that this newer version doesn't.
I've tried various "hacks", like using the lightning-hdmi adapter for my iphone, but nope, nothing works. Unless the controller is directly contected to the phone, it won't make a connection.

It's really REALLY disapointing that we can't even get HDMI support, I'd be fine with having just the Video feed without gimbal support.

As lower Mavics (like the Sparc and Air "1") does support the goggles and considering all the goodies the MA2 offers it seems strange that it doesn't have goggle support.

DJI Engineers and Developers.. if whatever is required to make the MA2 support goggles isn't rocket science I strongly urge you to get cracking adding this as a feature.
The MA2 isn't a low-end drone in terms of the capital investment of it and I think anyone considering a drone in that price range in 2020 expects it to support FPV at least the propriatary ones you yourselfs make.

Please add support goggle support on the MA2 platform!
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_N8xkNLCwSckc
New

United States

I am returning my back because of this lack of support....
2020-5-16
Use props
Mvivona9
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-14 01:44
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we will forward your frustration to our engineers.

Please add me to the growing list of new buyers that are returning their goggles because I purchased them along with the Mavic Air-2 because the DJI website says “Works with the Mavic series” and the Mavic Air-2 is in the Mavic series.
False advertising just to make money. Will definitely be making worldwide negative comments about DJI’s sales tactics anywhere I can. I work hard for my money just to have DJI rip me off? I don’t think so!
2020-5-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mvivona9 Posted at 5-17 07:31
Please add me to the growing list of new buyers that are returning their goggles because I purchased them along with the Mavic Air-2 because the DJI website says “Works with the Mavic series” and the Mavic Air-2 is in the Mavic series.
False advertising just to make money. Will definitely be making worldwide negative comments about DJI’s sales tactics anywhere I can. I work hard for my money just to have DJI rip me off? I don’t think so!

the ma2 just launched so the website is slightly out of date, please give them time to update and list the ma2 as an exception.....unless they plan to make it work imminently.  this is not false advertising, it's a mistake and you are getting your money back so you are not being ripped off.
2020-5-17
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

Mvivona9 Posted at 5-17 07:31

I mean they list it’s not in the faq for the air2
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_BRjCKXFOSJoW
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-14 01:44

Dear Mindy,

Thanks for communicating with the engineers. Were they able to figure out if this is a hardware issue that cannot be fixed or a software one where we can hope for an update? I literally just deleted these two items from my cart as I found out that they are not compatible...
2020-5-17
Use props
Mvivona9
lvl.1

United States

The Saint Posted at 5-17 07:45
the ma2 just launched so the website is slightly out of date, please give them time to update and list the ma2 as an exception.....unless they plan to make it work imminently.  this is not false advertising, it's a mistake and you are getting your money back so you are not being ripped off.

Well, I ordered it from DJI's website. So, my concern here is that when Monday comes around and I request an RMA I will need to send it back to China which will probably cost 1/2 of the cost of the goggles. So I'm probably screwed anyway.
Now I cant even fly my MA2 because the FlySafe webpage is not working. Cant place a pin to request unlock code. Press on the map and no pin shows up.
Is this the norm for DJI? Sells stuff and doesn't support it? Wow!
2020-5-17
Use props
J_Marley
New
Flight distance : 3891 ft
United States

This is a problem for me as well. I just sold my Spark today with the full anticipation of buying the Mavic Air 2 so I could have a nicer drone to use with the DJI Goggles I picked up a few months ago. I barely had a chance to use them with the Spark, but now that I find out they won’t work with the MA2, I am REALLY disappointed.

Why is there no support for this? I’ve read some of the other comments here, but it sounds like DJI is not really telling us why and that’s pretty frustrating. Is there any thought of future support for a headset that just came out 3 years ago? I realize info is being passed along to development, but what is the consideration level for implementing it?
2020-5-17
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

The new Fly app is 64-bit. Goggles run on an obsolete SOC that  only works with 32-bit Android.
It’s never gonna happen, no matter how much you post or ask.

It’s the same with Crystalsky.

DJI abandoned their Crystalsky and Goggles customers.
Sell your goggles, or look for a different drone.
2020-5-17
Use props
monstermac77
lvl.2
United States

0rcinus Posted at 5-17 19:54
The new Fly app is 64-bit. Goggles run on an obsolete SOC that  only works with 32-bit Android.
It’s never gonna happen, no matter how much you post or ask.

How confident are you that compatibility can't be achieved? Generally, 32-bit code can be made to run on 64-bit systems.
2020-5-18
Use props
Riplex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I bought MA2 together with the Googles RE. Luck i have an Mavic 2 Zoom also but i want sell the Mavic 2 Zoom

Plz make the Googles RE compatible with MA2.
2020-5-18
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1439265 ft
United States

Honestly since the issue is with both drones using the fly app and the fact that the goggles have been out for a while I would think most likely that they are developing a new goggles.
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules