Mavic Air 2 with DJI Goggles
74651 289 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DS0874
New

Indonesia

djiuser_DVtJIONzHcCd Posted at 2020-5-18 15:06
I'm a newbie here, but isn't the answer as simple as getting their smart controller to work with the MA2?

Or, can't you just use a smaller tablet with micro HDMI output and get a dual micro HDMI cord and run that into the micro HDMI port on the Goggles?  

did someone has trying this option?
2021-4-2
Use props
Devilz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1151555 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having flown my P3A, Mavic pro, Spark, and Air with the DJI goggles I have been anxiously waiting for the platform to be supported on the MA2 and Mini but it doesn't look like it will ever happen outside of the smart controller, I also think part of the reasoning behind not giving us the support is due to the DJI FPV and DJI wanting to push FPV in that direction. As mentioned in an earlier post I did experiment with the iOS to wireless HDMI dongle which did work but suffered a washed out image, dropped frames and increased latency over time. I was seriously looking at the Refurbished Smart Controller but at $599 that was still a little steep not to mention I've never seen a refurbished one available. Having heard that Litchi was going to be supporting the MA2 I picked up a pair of Destek V5 VR goggles to use with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. While Litchi does not yet have working app support for the MA2 outside of beta I downloaded the DroneVR2 app (which supports all DJI consumer products sans DJI FPV drone) and it works flawlessly with my MA2, the app is not very customizable and you need to have your default still and video camera settings set up in the DJI app before hand because there is no way to change settings while using the app and since your phone is in the VR goggles that would be impossible, EDIT: Found that the function button or RTH button on non function button controllers will open up OSD menu to change settings however to navigate you have to use the right stick which also sends small movements to the product flown. Video quality and frame rate is excellent however I wish the HUD layout allowed for better customization. For FPV it is as close as you can get to the DJI goggles and is a cheap solution. Overall cost for goggles and app unlock was $53 USD.
2021-4-8
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Devilz Posted at 4-8 07:26
Having flown my P3A, Mavic pro, Spark, and Air with the DJI goggles I have been anxiously waiting for the platform to be supported on the MA2 and Mini but it doesn't look like it will ever happen outside of the smart controller, I also think part of the reasoning behind not giving us the support is due to the DJI FPV and DJI wanting to push FPV in that direction. As mentioned in an earlier post I did experiment with the iOS to wireless HDMI dongle which did work but suffered a washed out image, dropped frames and increased latency over time. I was seriously looking at the Refurbished Smart Controller but at $599 that was still a little steep not to mention I've never seen a refurbished one available. Having heard that Litchi was going to be supporting the MA2 I picked up a pair of Destek V5 VR goggles to use with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. While Litchi does not yet have working app support for the MA2 outside of beta I downloaded the DroneVR2 app (which supports all DJI consumer products sans DJI FPV drone) and it works flawlessly with my MA2, the app is not very customizable and you need to have your default still and video camera settings set up in the DJI app before hand because there is no way to change settings while using the app and since your phone is in the VR goggles that would be impossible. Video quality and frame rate is excellent however I wish the HUD layout allowed for better customization. For FPV it is as close as you can get to the DJI goggles and is a cheap solution. Overall cost for goggles and app unlock was $53 USD.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233756
2021-4-11
Use props
nutz245gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44688 ft
United States

I'm going to stop suggesting to people that they buy DJI because of crap like this.
2021-5-10
Use props
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

I loved my air 2 and I like my mini2, but they do not do my dji fpv goggles.  I have to run the fpv drone from dji.  It is a great drone, but lacks the follow mode and is big, not easy to travel with......  They are shotting themselves in the foot by not letting us use them.  This all came from using the new app....
2021-9-18
Use props
djiuser_tnjLBoKlY8rU
New
Flight distance : 171831 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-5-1 03:29
Hi monstermac77, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support DJI Goggles, sorry for the frustration, your need will be transferred to our engineers for attention, please stay tuned to the future update on DJI Website.

Has there by chance been an update on this? If the Mavic air 2 will not be compatible with the DJI goggles then I need to sell mine.
2021-10-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_tnjLBoKlY8rU Posted at 10-16 10:18
Has there by chance been an update on this? If the Mavic air 2 will not be compatible with the DJI goggles then I need to sell mine.

i wouldn't wait around, just sell it.  if they made the smart controller compatible but not the goggles, i think it's less likely to happen.  wouldn't they first try to make it compatible with the fpv goggles?  don't know enough about those yet....
2021-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_tnjLBoKlY8rU Posted at 10-16 10:18
Has there by chance been an update on this? If the Mavic air 2 will not be compatible with the DJI goggles then I need to sell mine.

Hi there. Unfortunately, the Mavic air 2 is currently not supported by the DJI Goggles, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2021-10-20
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Honestly, i'll not buy any DJI product in near future. I don't believe DJI stopped supporting their DJI Goggles (personally i own Goggles RE) while there is no reason, it has enought technology in it. I'm very disappointed with that move which there is only reason to sell new series of product DJI FPV. FPV series unsuccessful product line but you loose also Goggles owners. What a tragic move in here.
2021-10-31
Use props
Navdeep Singh
New

United States

It’s shame on u . Everybody they spend alot of money.why it’s not working at all . So plz update software what ever u make a new software. Shame on u . Thanks
2022-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules