Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How Airsense works
2220 15 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

I know that Airsense is based on the ADS-B beacons that the FAA has required all small aircraft have installed by this year (or last?).  I know that the MA2 has Airsense and will display any aircraft flying within a certain range.

My question is - is Airsense just a receiver or is it also a transmitter?  In other words, can the other aircraft see the drone\pilot?  If so, do they see the location of the remote or the drone?
2020-4-29
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Great Question.
2020-4-29
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

is Airsense just a receiver or is it also a transmitter?

It's only a receiver. (ADS-B IN)
2020-4-29
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its only ADSB-In.  By last figures only 44% of GA aircraft had ADSB transponders fitted in the US, less outside there.  So basically it'll show commercial traffic and *some* smaller traffic.  
Its nothing you cant build yourself for $20 if you think you need it.

Aeroscope is the telemetry decode device sold by DJI that allows anyone to see the location of you, home location, email address and so on.  Thats nothing to do with ATC.  Its a completely different thing.
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BKahuna.  
ADS–B is a surveillance technology that realizes transportation surveillance and information transfer via GPS and the data-links between the air and ground devices. The ADS-B system mounted on the low-altitude manned aircraft determines the aircraft's position via GPS.
DJI aircraft with ADS-B is mainly used for safeguarding low-altitude flight. By monitoring the flight path of the low-altitude manned aircraft released by the nearby Civil Aviation Authority in real-time, the app prompts the drone user to avoid the low-altitude manned aircraft, and thus improve flight safety.
2020-4-29
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeroscope is a problem for me.
2020-4-30
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 22:32
Hi, BKahuna.  
ADS–B is a surveillance technology that realizes transportation surveillance and information transfer via GPS and the data-links between the air and ground devices. The ADS-B system mounted on the low-altitude manned aircraft determines the aircraft's position via GPS.
DJI aircraft with ADS-B is mainly used for safeguarding low-altitude flight. By monitoring the flight path of the low-altitude manned aircraft released by the nearby Civil Aviation Authority in real-time, the app prompts the drone user to avoid the low-altitude manned aircraft, and thus improve flight safety.

Will the Mavic Air 2 that is sold in Europe now, support the AdsB feature?
2020-4-30
Use props
TheGman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 783885 ft
United States

Vlas Posted at 4-30 00:28
Aeroscope is a problem for me.

How is it a problem?
2020-5-2
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheGman Posted at 5-2 21:39
How is it a problem?

It's just my opinion but I believe that drone manufactures shouldn't also manufacture anti-drone tech. Conflict or interest.
2020-5-3
Use props
Eralp SAYGIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668734 ft
Turkey

I think they can not see the place of the remote but the planes might see the drones.
2020-5-5
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

Eralp SAYGIN Posted at 5-5 12:45
I think they can not see the place of the remote but the planes might see the drones.

Nope. It is ADS-B in only. The position of the drone receiving and the controller of the drone the data is not broadcast and therefore cannot be identified with ADS-B. Drone position data must be broadcast by another means such as the WiFI connection or internet through your smart phone (UGH) for most DJI drones.
2020-5-5
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

ADS-B has been limited to ADS-B in only for most drones (you must get a waiver to transmit if I remember correctly). Therefore AirSense can only detect aircraft broadcasting ADS-B and by that definition will not be able to detect other DJI drones assuming AirSense only uses ADS-B.
2020-5-5
Use props
Eralp SAYGIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668734 ft
Turkey

NightThunder Posted at 5-5 15:44
Nope. It is ADS-B in only. The position of the drone receiving and the controller of the drone the data is not broadcast and therefore cannot be identified with ADS-B. Drone position data must be broadcast by another means such as the WiFI connection or internet through your smart phone (UGH) for most DJI drones.

Thanks for information bro
2020-5-6
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vlas Posted at 5-3 02:07
It's just my opinion but I believe that drone manufactures shouldn't also manufacture anti-drone tech. Conflict or interest.

How is it conflict of interest?  Their interest is MONEY.  Selling two both camps makes more money in many ways.  Since absolute power corrupts absolutely, it makes even more sense.  The only thing to save us is more competition in the industry.   
2020-5-6
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blellow Posted at 5-6 08:26
How is it conflict of interest?  Their interest is MONEY.  Selling two both camps makes more money in many ways.  Since absolute power corrupts absolutely, it makes even more sense.  The only thing to save us is more competition in the industry.

I can agree with the last sentence.
2020-5-6
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

So it pops up a warning if you are too close to an airplane. At what distance to the plane, 3 km, 1 km, 500 meters, 1 meter ?
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules