Dji Fly app not working on Xperia XZ1 Compact
4352 10 2020-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coldnight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137743 ft
Slovakia

Hi, i bought mavic mini, downloaded DJI Fly app from play store, watch three short video tutorials and nothing more can be done with app, always i see only "Home Screen" with beach picture and album, skypixel, profile, connect aicraft buttons. Anything i click opens black screen and after while cause restart of app. I have Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact with Android 9. My second phone Honor 8a with Android 9, does not have this app listed in play store, download via QR code in manual caused Instal not sucessfull.
So i am completely unable to use my drone. Please help.

2020-4-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Coldnight, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures (64-bit processor).
Your phones are not in the recommended list, the compatibility cannot be fully ensured, please ensure your phone's system meets the requirements above. For APP download, you may also try with the APK: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads dji fly.png
2020-4-30
Use props
Coldnight
lvl.1
Slovakia

Hi, thank you for reply, about Honor a i did not expect to work it is low cost phone, but my Sony phone has 64 bit architecture, also meets system (Android 9) and memory (4 GB RAM, ROM ca 10/32 GB free) requirements. It has Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 cpu/chipset which is included for example in pixel 2 (supported device).
2020-4-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Coldnight Posted at 4-30 02:03
Hi, thank you for reply, about Honor a i did not expect to work it is low cost phone, but my Sony phone has 64 bit architecture, also meets system (Android 9) and memory (4 GB RAM, ROM ca 10/32 GB free) requirements. It has Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 cpu/chipset which is included for example in pixel 2 (supported device).

We apologize for the frustration, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for test and attention, currently, please use the phone on the compatibility list for better performance.
2020-5-3
Use props
Coldnight
lvl.1
Slovakia

Thank you for answer, if engineers need some additional info i will be glad to assist with troubleshooting.  I work as junior mobile app dev, so no problem to provide any kind of tech info
For now i borrowed Samsung A5 2017 (SM-A520F) which is not recommended too, but works
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_DS6ULU5tUik7
New

Philippines

Coldnight Posted at 5-4 01:08
Thank you for answer, if engineers need some additional info i will be glad to assist with troubleshooting.  I work as junior mobile app dev, so no problem to provide any kind of tech info
For now i borrowed Samsung A5 2017 (SM-A520F) which is not recommended too, but works

Hi. I'm planning to buy a Mavic Air 2 and my phone is the same as yours. It is a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. Were you finally able to successfully fly your drone with the same phone?
2020-9-8
Use props
Coldnight
lvl.1
Slovakia

djiuser_DS6ULU5tUik7 Posted at 9-8 05:07
Hi. I'm planning to buy a Mavic Air 2 and my phone is the same as yours. It is a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. Were you finally able to successfully fly your drone with the same phone?

Hi, unfortunatelly no, app still crashing and it seems like nobody cares about this problem...
I had to buy old iphone se to be able use my drone. So any time i want to fly, i need to carry extra phone just to operate drone.
I am disappointed about support for android devices
2020-9-8
Use props
Coldnight
lvl.1
Slovakia

Hi i found source of my problem. It was because of developer setting "do not keep activities" which i have enable because of developing some other android applications. After disabling this setting app starts working correctly. I appologize it was my mistake.
Maybe somone else will find out this helpfull
2020-9-28
Use props
Coldnight
lvl.1
Slovakia

djiuser_DS6ULU5tUik7 Posted at 9-8 05:07

Hi, probably you will not have troubles like me, if you do not use "Developers settings" in your device
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_y2x4isfuDGz6
lvl.1

Canada

Coldnight Posted at 9-28 10:45
Hi i found source of my problem. It was because of developer setting "do not keep activities" which i have enable because of developing some other android applications. After disabling this setting app starts working correctly. I appologize it was my mistake.
Maybe somone else will find out this helpfull

appreciate your update on the issue.  I too had the same issue, until I read your response I was able to fix and use the dji fly app again.  cheers
2020-11-8
Use props
davidesha
New

Indonesia

Hi guys, just found out that my Xperia XZ1 could work with the DJI Mavic mini, i just reverse the plug!

it's strange, because usb-c should be reversible plug, but when i try to reverse the plug the RC doesn't detected by the phone, and when i reverse it again, it detected and work normally..

the problem is now that the cable from the RC is too short and does not reach the plug hole if i reverse it.. so i might need something longer. or something else that could hold the phone
2020-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules