Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Carbon Fiber Props VS Stock Plastic Props
29488 20 2014-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dekelkabeli
lvl.2

Israel

Hey my name is Dekel and i saw a lot of videos on youtube that the carbon fiber props are alot more stable and better than the stock plastic props. so i bought the cf props from ebay ( 20 dollar ) and when i first flew my phantom 2 with them, the phantom 2 wasn't steady like the plastic one ( I didn't balance the CF props... ) if i will balance them they will be better then the plastic props?
2014-9-20
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

No, as I just said in your other post about motors.
2014-9-20
Use props
Roadbugs
lvl.1

United States

I did not find the CF props more stable, just the opposite. I have been told that the CF props are more responsive. For me, the DJI props are the best.
2014-9-20
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, I had a bad flight with the self tightening CF props. There may be high quality, expertly balanced CF props out there. But for me, the DJI props seem great. And they seem a lot more forgiving as far as damage. CF props are very brittle and will snap very easily. the DJI props can really take a beating.
2014-9-20
Use props
yaozhen
New

China

plastic ones are better
2014-9-22
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have just bought these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310996 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Only because they are cheap.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
2014-12-7
Use props
siweckipawel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

umpa Posted at 2014-12-7 19:20
I have just bought these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310996 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Only because they ...

Do not fly with them, unless you want to crash your Phantom. They are unstable on low altitudes and can create a strange behaviour similar to Vortex effect.
2014-12-7
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI recommend NOT to use CF props so why do it?  There are videos on YT that show loss of fine control when landing or slowing- falls to the ground have been reported.  I understand this to be because of the lack of flexibility, which in the plastic props appears to act as a sort of shock absorber, especially on descents.
2014-12-7
Use props
MalcB
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Apparently DJI have brought these out:

DJI E300 Carbon Fibre Reinforced Propellers - White - See more at: https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/spares ... thash.LH97owIn.dpuf

Anyone come across these as they seem to be DJI branded ?
2014-12-7
Use props
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

I bought mine set up with a balanced set and I had no complaints but one was cross threaded when I tried to remove.  Only tried to remove bc I ordered a factory set. Now I have one motor with bitched up threads.  Trying to see if the outer hub of the motor can be replaced or if I now need to replace the motor completely?
Umpa- they look like the same set I have.  
2014-12-7
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advice, I'll be sure to look out and make sure I don't cross thread it.

All I can say is that I am going to try these props, whether DJI recommend them or not.  These are quite a bit cheaper than the originals (although I will be the first to admit that originals are not that expensive anyway), but being black they look cool, will look good with black landing gear.  Almost every manufacturer I know only recommends their own products, so I take these with a pinch of salt.  I might even 3D print my own props if I thought I could balance them,

2014-12-8
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone have an update on the CF props?  
2015-1-19
Use props
drone.email
lvl.4

United States

MalcB Posted at 2014-12-8 04:52
Apparently DJI have brought these out:

DJI E300 Carbon Fibre Reinforced Propellers - White - See mo ...

I fly the carbon fiber reinforced props on my P2V+ (v3) and they work well.
2015-1-19
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

The only caveat about CF props I've seen are that they are too rigid.  

If you've ever seen large scale rotary aircraft the props are extremely flexible to allow for stable flight.  Flexible props allow for subtle fluctuations in aerodynamics.  Rigid props bash their way through the air.  Flexible props weave their way.  

All modern aircraft designs on wings, from the fixed wing to rotary use a much more flexible design than ever before.

Food for thought
2015-1-19
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

CF Probs react more aggressive to your commands, the Important thing is they have a bad reputation because ppl buy usually cheap garbage. I use the antigravity t-motors cf props and they are much lighter and better, you can also balance  them
2015-1-19
Use props
robin.ostlin.in
lvl.1

Sweden

Bought high quality Carbon Fiber (CF) props from a top notch vendor here in Sweden.
Checked balance of the props - it was 100%.
Looks great and for sure stiff as steel...
Test flight - amazing! Very snap on the controls and no lag.
No problem second flight - bit windy and more unstable than the original.

3rd flight - DISASTER!
No wind, flying calmly but at about 10m/s (max for GPS-mode).
Wanted to stop into hover, releasing the stick bit abrupt.... and down she goes in an immediate wobble/over steer/ over compensate...
Landed however pretty gently on the side from about 230 feet.

Lucky, lucky me!!
Already tossed the expensive 100$ CF "upgrades" - never to use CF again!!

Yeah - probably it is possible to compensate the twitchiness out with gain tweaks - but at the end, that would get you back to performing as the original props that anyhow are cheaper and better!!

DON'T BUY CF PROPS - sooner or later you will regret it!!
2015-2-12
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2014-12-7 19:20

Only because they ...

Hi umpa,I have the same ones. I had a weird thing happen, not often but noticeable, the phantom dipped to one side aggressively  now and again. Put stock back on then ok.  Also the thread was a tight fit, had to use oil..
2015-2-12
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Mine fitted fine and have had no problems. I have not noticed any improvement either for that matter.  But they were cheaper than the originals.
2015-2-25
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

What about official DJI carbon fiber props:
https://store.dji.com/product/e300-9443-carbon-fiber-yellow
"The 9443 CFR rotor uses innovative carbon fiber reinforced composites in its construction, instead of traditional glass fiber reinforced plastic. This advanced material combined win an ultra-thin profile guarantees extremely high levels of rigidity along with low amounts of inertia, allowing for more dynamic thrust. These features make the 9443 CFR ideal for those seeking manouverability and sensitivity."
2015-2-25
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Those are the ones I now have on my P2V+ v3. The V3 came with the 9450s and I have not really noticed a difference with the CFR 9443s. They work well,
2015-2-25
Use props
fans3f441495
lvl.1

Netherlands

I bought these

https://banggood.app.link/O4XBZglOnX

would they be any good? I mean the price is so cheap
2019-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now