Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

TheCav Posted at 6-25 04:55
Just did the formula and here are the results indeed:

RF 10006

That makes more sense and corresponds better with what we're seeing in your data plot.

The numbers are higher than those we've seen with fresh new props (~9400), but not hugely higher.  It'll probably continue to fly fine as-is.

If you have a spare set of props, I would replace only the right-back blades first, as they seem to be the worst of the bunch.  Then repeat the test to document what difference it makes.

If one set of blades is under-performing it does affect the other motor speeds as well, since they all need to compensate for the lack of lift.  So replacing the worst set first should make a difference to other motors.

You could just replace them all, and you'll certainly see an improvement in motor speeds.  But doing them one motor at a time, and plotting the motor speeds, will more clearly illustrate what's going on.

2020-6-25
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

TheCav Posted at 6-25 04:55
Just did the formula and here are the results indeed:

RF 10006

If you have some spares available, I would personally replace both Left and Right Back props. The Right Back is the worst, but Left Back is not far behind. Keep the current props as emergency spares, as they are still functional.
2020-6-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

While I haven't been able to be as active as I would like around here my testing continues.

I've collected around 30+ Dat's from my previous flights and will be evaluating them once I cross 100 miles flown (Currently 80) as I would like to see what if any change is taking place over time. I store the drone since all this discussion folded on a desk, yes I've seen @zbips photo's and are aware that in that position the props are supporting the drone. I keep the blades out to the side or swept back so they don't warp from the pressure. If this is causing some form of change I'll likely see it over time but since my last tests I've had error free flights outside the usual wind or no signal warnings.

I'll also be doing a full review of the Mavic Mini after I cross that threshold 100 mile threshold. I know there's probably many who have flown more but for me this is something I never thought I'd do with any drone let alone a mini, I never really thought about it before but in all my year's of R/C I wonder how many miles I've driven/piloted.
2020-6-25
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

Zbip57 Posted at 6-16 10:08
"We haven't to my knowledge had anyone do the hover test with the cage on"

How about this?  For comparison, I just did a quick hover test without and with the propguards installed.  It looks like the motors spin about 1000 rpm faster to support the extra payload when the propguard cages are installed.

Hmmm this data might show exactly what was happening in this post MINI ESC prop rotating too fast Err that many people experienced issues with back rear motor that is spinning faster than others.

I didnt do the tests, but as soon as the weather gets better I;ll check it
2020-6-26
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

speed_freakz Posted at 6-26 13:35
Hmmm this data might show exactly what was happening in this post MINI ESC prop rotating too fast Err that many people ahve issues with back reat motor that is sppining faster than other.

I didnt do the tests, but as soon as the weather gets better I;ll check it

Test is supposed to be done indoor (without prop guards). All you need is good light, so that the Vision System can keep the AC steady. Auto take-off, 2 minute hover, auto-land, never touch the sticks, then analyze DAT with CsvView. If you export to Excel, use the formula =AVERAGEIF(A:A, ">8000"), where "A" is the column with the RPMs, to filter out values when the AC was on the ground.

And yes, purpose of this test is exactly to confirm whether your props are not performing well (not generating enough lift) or if there is an issue with the firmware.
2020-6-26
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Thailand

120ccpm Posted at 6-26 14:06
Test is supposed to be done indoor (without prop guards). All you need is good light, so that the Vision System can keep the AC steady. Auto take-off, 2 minute hover, auto-land, never touch the sticks, then analyze DAT with CsvView. If you export to Excel, use the formula =AVERAGEIF(A:A, ">8000"), where "A" is the column with the RPMs, to filter out values when the AC was on the ground.

And yes, purpose of this test is exactly to confirm whether your props are not performing well (not generating enough lift) or if there is an issue with the firmware.

Tried tests 3 times, but my app doesnt record any flight data. I disabled the sync data. Tried clearing all cache then tried again. No luck. Gonna try to uninstall the app and install again to see if it helps.,
Edit: No luck. It records jsut text files. dat folder is empty.
2020-6-26
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

speed_freakz Posted at 6-26 23:40
Tried tests 3 times, but my app doesnt record any flight data. I disabled the sync data. Tried clearing all cache then tried again. No luck. Gonna try to uninstall the app and install again to see if it helps.,
Edit: No luck. It records jsut text files. dat folder is empty.

Look inside a folder named MCDatFlightRecords, under your FlightRecords folder (which is where the .txt files are stored).
2020-6-28
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Thailand

120ccpm Posted at 6-28 13:21
Look inside a folder named MCDatFlightRecords, under your FlightRecords folder (which is where the .txt files are stored).

Yea that is the one that I looked into, and its empty.
2020-6-28
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

speed_freakz Posted at 6-28 18:31
Yea that is the one that I looked into, and its empty.

Are you sure you disabled the sync function before you did the test? You might also want to do the hover test with your device in airplane mode, so that there is no chance for DJI Fly to upload your DAT (and delete the local copy).
I actually have sync enabled, and I noticed that my DAT does not disappear from my device right away, so I usually have time to save it to Dropbox, and later on get it from my desktop, for analysis.
If you believe you did everything right and you still have no DAT in that folder, you might want to create a new thread as the issue you're having is unrelated to the hover test. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.
2020-6-28
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Thailand

120ccpm Posted at 6-28 18:47
Are you sure you disabled the sync function before you did the test? You might also want to do the hover test with your device in airplane mode, so that there is no chance for DJI Fly to upload your DAT (and delete the local copy).
I actually have sync enabled, and I noticed that my DAT does not disappear from my device right away, so I usually have time to save it to Dropbox, and later on get it from my desktop, for analysis.
If you believe you did everything right and you still have no DAT in that folder, you might want to create a new thread as the issue you're having is unrelated to the hover test. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Actually I just read about dji deleting files after they are uploaded to the servers. I will try airplane mode now and see how it goes.

EDIT: Now it doesnt even record txt data anymore, also dat folders are completelly gone.
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules