Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WsiXvLRAxQxV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373510 ft
Sweden

I acn't edit my former question.

But another one I had is.

Is it even allowed to mark with the class before it is demanded?

As the regular CE mark are not allowed to be used unless it is so (demanded).
2020-5-6
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

Labroides Posted at 4-30 17:26
It's really not much use anyway.

That is not true.
I have a large field where I live, at the edge of our small town. This is frequently used by Rescue-Helicopters. The new model they use is pretty quiet, and they approach normally following a couple of houses very low.
If you are on the other side, you have hardly a chance to recognize the helicopter well in advance.
A Air2 can make a bad day, first for the helicopter crew, and thereafter for you, and your insurance!

ADS-B on a drone  is a real useful thing, even if you have to use it never, or only one time in your live!
Better have, than need...!
2020-5-6
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-1 05:30
Thanks for raising your concerns here in Forum. DJI will implement the production and sales standards in accordance with the requirements of local policies, there will be no restrictions currently.
Actually none of the electronic products can do the CE Certification until the CE standard is released.
According to the conclusion given by our legal affairs, even after the new policy is launched, the products currently on the market will have a product protection period of two years, which means we can use Mavic Air 2 as usual.

That is just not true!
The EU-Regulations are in force since almost a year! And you can of course get the CE Certification, you just have to pay for this one, instead of simply put the letter "CE" on your products!

You should also fire your "Legals affairs staff", as you can't use products without the new CE-Label in the current meaning.
The Air2 should show a C1 Label. That means it could under the new regulations with that label operate under the Open A1- Category.
Without that label the pilot needs as of July1st, 2020  a qualification according to A2, that means extra time and costs, and you have to maintain a minimum horizontal distance of 50m from people at all times. That wouldn't be necessary with a C1-Label!
That rule is also only valid until June 2022. Thereafter the Air2 will only be able to operate within the Open-A3 Category. E.g. with a minimum distance to all houses of 150m and so on!
The Follow-Me Mode for example will become worthless, at the time the EU-Regulations will become valid, as the C1-Label is missing.

Even if you are not able to find somebody who can issue a CE-Certification, what is not true acc. to my informations, you can't sell a product that not comply with the regulations already in force, without inform, or even disinform your customers!
The Air2 is not a toy, and a lot of people buying a drone like that for some serious work, Pictures for the Sale of houses, sport events and so on.

The way you treat your customers is unacceptable!
2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulli01 Posted at 5-6 14:31
That is not true.
I have a large field where I live, at the edge of our small town. This is frequently used by Rescue-Helicopters. The new model they use is pretty quiet, and they approach normally following a couple of houses very low.
If you are on the other side, you have hardly a chance to recognize the helicopter well in advance.

If your flying in an area constantly used by rescue helicopters, you need to check are you allowed to fly in these areas, the reason you cannot fly near hospital is because of helicopters are you saying all drones are allowed to fly in an area used for helicopter rescue services, strange ..,
2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulli01 Posted at 5-6 14:59
That is just not true!
The EU-Regulations are in force since almost a year! And you can of course get the CE Certification, you just have to pay for this one, instead of simply put the letter "CE" on your products!

Where do you get your gutter rubbish from, EASA regulations were to come in in July have now been postponed until December, and the likelihood of them coming into force in 2020 is minute, the MA2 without certification will become a legacy drone and will fly under the rules for two years after new regulations are implemented.
I know Irish association got message to say it was posponed until December and it was not definite it would go ahead this year. And it looks like many associations got similar notification .
2020-5-6
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-6 15:07
If your flying in an area constantly used by rescue helicopters, you need to check are you allowed to fly in these areas, the reason you cannot fly near hospital is because of helicopters are you saying all drones are allowed to fly in an area used for helicopter rescue services, strange ..,

It is not constantly used by Rescue helicopters, but frequently, that means a couple of times a year.
It is not near a hospital, but a free private field, in a small town with a rather large distance to the next hospital!
You can't restrict drone operation at all places, that are useable by a rescue helicopter, because this would mean, that almost all areas would be restricted, but it is very useful, to have a ADS-B for that cases.
2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulli01 Posted at 5-6 16:18
It is not constantly used by Rescue helicopters, but frequently, that means a couple of times a year.
It is not near a hospital, but a free private field, in a small town with a rather large distance to the next hospital!
You can't restrict drone operation at all places, that are useable by a rescue helicopter, because this would mean, that almost all areas would be restricted, but it is very useful, to have a ADS-B for that cases.

Well I’m not sure what you’re complaining about, dji have already explained why this release doesn’t have Airsense, so you need it wait for it. But stop whining, because of pandemic it wasn’t possible to have it now and in these times that’s fair enough. Those who purchase don’t need Airsense so be happy for them and you’ll get what you want when the time comes.
2020-5-6
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-6 15:13
Where do you get your gutter rubbish from, EASA regulations were to come in in July have now been postponed until December, and the likelihood of them coming into force in 2020 is minute, the MA2 without certification will become a legacy drone and will fly under the rules for two years after new regulations are implemented.
I know Irish association got message to say it was posponed until December and it was not definite it would go ahead this year. And it looks like many associations got similar notification .

You should rather have a look into the regulations, instead of relying on some third hand informations!
The information, that the validity of the EU-Regulations already in force since June 2019, would be postponed, has its origin in a paper issued by the German Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, that letter has become spread within Europe by different Organizations.
Within that letter, the BMVI announced, that they asked the EU-Commision to postpone the date by 6 Month, and they promised to check that. But until today, they have, according to my knowledge, not started the necessary process, to do so.
Maybe they still will, but they haven't yet!
For the "legacy drones" there are special regulations, Art. 22 of EU-Regulation 2019/947, starting the day the Regulation become valid!
From that day, you have to have a valid new Pilots Certificate acc. to the A2 Classification, and you have to maintain a distance of 50m from any person (pilots are not excluded in that regulation!)
The "2 years", by the way, are already counting, as the regulation states(Art. 22): "shall be allowed for a transitional period of two years starting one year after the date of entry into force of this Regulation"
That was on the "20th day following that of its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union", and the publication was on 11.06.2019!
So the legacy regulation stops at the 01.07.2022, no matter when the EU-Regulations becomes valid!
After the date, the Air2 can only be operated acc. Art. 20 EU-Regulation 2919/947. That means "A3" with 150m distance rules and so on!
2020-5-6
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-6 16:29
Well I’m not sure what you’re complaining about, dji have already explained why this release doesn’t have Airsense, so you need it wait for it. But stop whining, because of pandemic it wasn’t possible to have it now and in these times that’s fair enough. Those who purchase don’t need Airsense so be happy for them and you’ll get what you want when the time comes.

That has nothing to do with the pandemic, you are whining about, constantly!
The production of a product like this has a couple of month of preproduction. So those parts should already be produced. If that is not the case, they shouldn't blame the virus for that!
2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulli01 Posted at 5-6 16:42
That has nothing to do with the pandemic, you are whining about, constantly!
The production of a product like this has a couple of month of preproduction. So those parts should already be produced. If that is not the case, they shouldn't blame the virus for that!

Your full of BS and I’m not sure why you’re here whining if you don’t want the drone fine buy Autel, if you refuse to believe what dji have said then you’re being ignorant , I don’t need to listen to anymore of your rubbish, because frankly if you feel so strongly about it, get an Autel , but remember you won’t be able to fly that in Europe either buy a kite..
2020-5-6
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-6 16:54
Your full of BS and I’m not sure why you’re here whining if you don’t want the drone fine buy Autel, if you refuse to believe what dji have said then you’re being ignorant , I don’t need to listen to anymore of your rubbish, because frankly if you feel so strongly about it, get an Autel , but remember you won’t be able to fly that in Europe either buy a kite..

Yes, it is that kind of ignorance of facts, and the "kindness" you show up here, that makes the EU to implement the regulations, we are all facing now!
Thanks for that!
2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulli01 Posted at 5-6 17:03
Yes, it is that kind of ignorance of facts, and the "kindness" you show up here, that makes the EU to implement the regulations, we are all facing now!
Thanks for that!

I think it’s been said many times that EASA rules will allow most europeans more freedom to fly drones. Once again you talk rubbish and we still don know what point you’re trying to make.
So I’ll put it down to a rant you need to make.
2020-5-6
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-6 17:19
I think it’s been said many times that EASA rules will allow most europeans more freedom to fly drones. Once again you talk rubbish and we still don know what point you’re trying to make.
So I’ll put it down to a rant you need to make.

dude get off your high horse, you are pathetic

and by the way in case you haven't seen it you can come to Switzerland to see how often helicopters fly low....there is this meadow i had 3 in just under an hour... and i can bet they were below the 150 m height
2020-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 5-7 01:20
dude get off your high horse, you are pathetic

and by the way in case you haven't seen it you can come to Switzerland to see how often helicopters fly low....there is this meadow i had 3 in just under an hour... and i can bet they were below the 150 m height

Well I don’t know why you’re flying around with your mini if you feel helicopter pilots and their helicopters are in such grave danger, and it’s amazing that if it’s so dangerous that FAA and EASA feel their is no need for it. Helicopter pilots must have great difficulty sleeping at night knowing they have to take to the sky’s each day and could end up crashing into your Mini.

I think what’s wrong here is dji have said you’ll get what your asking for and it’s annoying you, I mean you get what you want and you still whine.
2020-5-7
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-7 01:30
Well I don’t know why you’re flying around with your mini if you feel helicopter pilots and their helicopters are in such grave danger, and it’s amazing that if it’s so dangerous that FAA and EASA feel their is no need for it. Helicopter pilots must have great difficulty sleeping at night knowing they have to take to the sky’s each day and could end up crashing into your Mini.

I think what’s wrong here is dji have said you’ll get what your asking for and it’s annoying you, I mean you get what you want and you still whine.

so far the only person whining is you. People share their concerns and you come up  commenting every single post branding it whining and stating all is due to coronavirus.
Well newsflash  - not everything is excused with the virus, even less such stupidity as yours!

don't bother replying, i know already your repertoire, have heard it numerous times - i am whiining again, sorry to disappoint you, i hope you won't lose your sleep!  
2020-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 5-7 02:50
so far the only person whining is you. People share their concerns and you come up  commenting every single post branding it whining and stating all is due to coronavirus.
Well newsflash  - not everything is excused with the virus, even less such stupidity as yours!

You have posted 20 posts and you still haven’t said what it is you’re about. You’re looking for Airsense, dji said you’ll get it, so it seems you still have problem what is it. Instead of whining, tell us what it is, otherwise your posting is both frugal and fruitless. Maybe go back to whining about the App.
2020-5-7
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

2020-5-7
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

For everybody who really wants to get informations about the new EU-Regulations first hand without rumors, or "XY tells so" "AB says so":
EU-Regulation 2019/945
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg_del/2019/945/oj
EU-Regulation 2019/947
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:32019R0947
EASA Easy Access Document
https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Easy_Access_Rules_for_Unmanned_Aircraft_Systems.pdf
2020-5-7
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-3 04:00
You’d have to admit What does outside America mean is a pretty definitive statement.

I mean tables turned what answer would you give.

Well, Is Hawaii, North America or is it an exception as it sits mid pacific? The US have territories outside of North America.

The rest of the world is broken up intro many regions. The conversation here are about the CE region i.e. Europe.  I live in a partial FCC, Partial SRCC region with a completely different set of 5.4Ghz channels available. This has been a problem since DJI released the Spark and started using 5.8Ghz

The real question is What does DJI mean by "Outside of North America". As the comment provided was on a UK European CE site. I could not find any reference on my Home region site, of lack of supply.

It was an honest question, that did not need sarcastic remarks.

When someone asks a question, you need to assume that they are not a complete moron, and have a genuine reason that you might not immediately understand in a 3 second response.

Anyhow time will ultimately tell. DJI have often flailed to deliver on statements that they make on their websites. I fail to understand DJIs logic in releasing the product this way. And why they picked USA and Canada? Is it about draconian drone laws in those locations?

Anyhow that is how I expected people to respond, rather than a sarcastic Geographical Lesson non statement.

Yes I can locate the USA and Canada on a Map.

Cheers

Cheers

2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 5-8 06:43
Well, Is Hawaii, North America or is it an exception as it sits mid pacific? The US have territories outside of North America.

The rest of the world is broken up intro many regions. The conversation here are about the CE region i.e. Europe.  I live in a partial FCC, Partial SRCC region with a completely different set of 5.4Ghz channels available. This has been a problem since DJI released the Spark and started using 5.8Ghz

I have to say there is only really one answer and you seem to be offended by this, no matter how people address this.
They mean exactly as they said North America and they specifically also mentioned Canada. So that’s it. If you live in Australia then no matter if you’re FCC or not you’re outside North America.

I don’t think they picked Canada and US, it looks like they had all the necessary HW to complete Airsense for that region. In anyway Airsense has been rejected as an option by FAA and it’s clear it’s usefulness at this time is pretty low. I think once you those in the US using it you will get a better feel for how useful or not it really is.
I don’t need it, but I also know I will upgrade to a drone that has it someday, so I can see first hand what all the fuss was about.
2020-5-8
Use props
brusa69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3362251 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Ian in London Posted at 5-6 13:22
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here?  I thought I was pretty clear and this is what I say in the video.
If the model isn't sold as CE 1 or 2  certified then it can only ever become a legacy drone that will then be required to be flown in A3 category conditions after the transition period is up....  That's what I said and that's what your full quote says....  
Ian

It's even worse.
The limit for C1 is 500gr for unclassified drones and Air 2 weights 570gr so
without a proper -C1- Mark (that will allow up to 900gr) ,
Air 2 will go to A3C3 immediately as the new EASA rules will be in place ( july - december ).
The only way would be to get the A2 pilot license, but since i have the A1-A3 i am not interested in investing time and money just to fly the Mavic Air 2.
At the end most people will  get a new drone classified as a legacy drone like the old but good Mavic Pro1.
Unbelievable the Mavic Air 1 will have better luck since it weights <500gr so he can benefit of the grace period.  So why any Eu informed user would buy an Air 2 ?

Sorry for my english ;-)
2020-5-8
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 06:56
I have to say there is only really one answer and you seem to be offended by this, no matter how people address this.
They mean exactly as they said North America and they specifically also mentioned Canada. So that’s it. If you live in Australia then no matter if you’re FCC or not you’re outside North America.

Thanks for your comment.

It seems that I fail to get my messages across sometimes. The question was "What does Outside of North America" mean. The Question is in the context of the Statement that was made by DJI"   

[4] Due to supply chain shortages related to the coronavirus pandemic, Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. A version of Mavic Air 2 will be available outside of North America without ADS-B. The two models are identical in all other aspects such as flight and imaging performance.

People are not reading this the same way I am. English is a precise language. Not as precise, as Deutsche but not bad.

This says that due to shortage only North America will initially get ADS_B at this time.
A version will be available for Outside of North America without ADS-B

The "initially" has people thinking that everyone will get ADS-B. But that is not what this says.
Its easy to "Read between the Lines" USA and Canada have compulsory use of ADS-B. The rest of the world its a recommendation only.

To satisfy the Statement on the DJI Web Site. All they need to do is ship the ADS-B models to Canadian and USA regions outside of North America. As I suggested Hawaii.

I don't trust DJI and I most certainly do not trust the DJI robots that work in their call in Service Centres.
The "you can get yours upgraded at a later date for a fee" equates to the "we will pass your suggestion on to our engineers."

DJI have spent some time getting 2 different models ready for martket. The spruiking of the rest of the world gets non ADS_B is unadulterated B.S. to justify that they have broken their commitment. Just what parts are so rare that they cannot get them? Would Covid-19 be the excuse for them not honouring their commitment as the price increase would need to be subsidised by the rest of the world to get it to the regions where ADS-B is a mandated requirement? Not for drones but for full size aircraft Would the Air 2 be a non starter in the USA if the rest of the world was not subsidising?

The Mavic 2 Air Fly More here in OZ is coming in about $200 less than I paid for the Mavic 2 Zoom Fly More.

To paraphrase Shakespeare "Their is something rotten in the state of DJI" (sic)

Cheers

2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 5-8 07:48
Thanks for your comment.

It seems that I fail to get my messages across sometimes. The question was "What does Outside of North America" mean. The Question is in the context of the Statement that was made by DJI"   

USA and Canada have compulsory use of ADS-B. The rest of the world its a recommendation only.

Not for drones in fact FAA have flat out rejected it.

The rest I think you’re over thinking this, as well you do have options, you want the drone with ADSB you have to wait, you want it now, you can have it, I think apart from the very earliest buyers everyone was soon aware of this and the choice was there for them. Yes I agree dji have their own method of going about things, but private companies have no one to answer to and this sometimes includes customers, that’s life .
2020-5-8
Use props
DenisJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406867 ft
Slovenia

I think European & UK people focus too much on ADSB and not enough of CE (Cx) certification. That is more important then ADSB. As it is for now, better option is Mini. But then again to give 500€ (FMC) for something that will not satisfy needs from MA2, it is not worth buying any drone at all at the moment, not even toy like mini.
2020-5-8
Use props
wictor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79436 ft

Germany

DenisJ Posted at 5-8 11:09
I think European & UK people focus too much on ADSB and not enough of CE (Cx) certification. That is more important then ADSB. As it is for now, better option is Mini. But then again to give 500€ (FMC) for something that will not satisfy needs from MA2, it is not worth buying any drone at all at the moment, not even toy like mini.
This.
I don't get how people get distracted by the lack of ADS-B when there is a much bigger elephant in the room - the missing C1 certification.

As long as there is no clear regulation on whether already released drones can or cannot be certified for the new CE standard afterwards, there is a possibility that your drone will become useless in 2 years despite fulfilling all the new requirements.

This is the only thing keeping me from purchasing the Air 2 right now. I'll be waiting till July, when the regulations (hopefully) officially come in to effect and DJI will be forced to put a C1 mark on every Air 2 they send to EU customers.
2020-5-9
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

DJI will not be forced. The drone will be usable, but with the restrictions of the legacy drones.
From their answers (they stated already several times that the MA2 is CE certified and can used in Europe according to the current standard for two years), my understanding is that it's not in their current plans to create a new P/N and re-certify an additional MA2 model for the new standard. In two years you will get a Mavic air 3 with the C1 Mark
For ADS-B it's different. Since it's not related to CE, I guess (hope) that the current CE marking was made with the ADS-B 'option', so that it will not be necessary to update the CE certification for ADS-B. In this case ADS-B could be introduced on the fly in Europe, when the chips will be available - Except of course if for cost saving reasons DJI don't want to do that. Future will tell.
2020-5-9
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

DJI are the biggest drone manufacturer in the word (70% of the global market).  They know what they are doing.  Whilst the support chaps have their standard response to our questions, the powers that be know how this is planning out.   Relax.  It’ll be fine.  
2020-5-9
Use props
DenisJ
lvl.2
Slovenia

We, who live in EU (including UK) know how things can be changed over a night. That saying, what if EU regulation will change? In a way that they decide to automatically put all drones bought before 1.7.2020 into legacy drones. What will owners of their MA2 do then? This is the reason to keep me from buying. Because this can happen, now when regulations aren't finalised yet. Most of other parts (C0-C4, A1-A3) will remain as they were told, I'm sure. That's why regulation says: drones sold after 1.7.2020 will have to have CE marking on it and that's a duty of manufacturer to do that. And that does not mean that companies shouldn't put Cx mark on drone now. Just look at MJX drone. Their drone already have C0 certificate on it. I clearly understand it is not to compare MJX and DJI, but again this is the case. I love everything from Mavic Air 2, but I also love not to throw money away for paper.
2020-5-9
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

DenisJ Posted at 5-9 17:35
We, who live in EU (including UK) know how things can be changed over a night. That saying, what if EU regulation will change? In a way that they decide to automatically put all drones bought before 1.7.2020 into legacy drones. What will owners of their MA2 do then? This is the reason to keep me from buying. Because this can happen, now when regulations aren't finalised yet. Most of other parts (C0-C4, A1-A3) will remain as they were told, I'm sure. That's why regulation says: drones sold after 1.7.2020 will have to have CE marking on it and that's a duty of manufacturer to do that. And that does not mean that companies shouldn't put Cx mark on drone now. Just look at MJX drone. Their drone already have C0 certificate on it. I clearly understand it is not to compare MJX and DJI, but again this is the case. I love everything from Mavic Air 2, but I also love not to throw money away for paper.

DJI are in touch with every organisation that matters for their products.  You have to remember, regulatory bodies are not there to be a pain, they will work with companies.  Especially the biggest.  

I do not believe DJI would have released the Air 2 if there wasn’t a plan, or that they already know how this will pan out, but are not able to say.  It would be extremely bad business practice to do this, and DJI are very savvy...
2020-5-9
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

We, who live in EU (including UK) know how things can be changed over a night. That saying, what if EU regulation will change? In a way that they decide to automatically put all drones bought before 1.7.2020 into legacy drones. What will owners of their MA2 do then? This is the reason to keep me from buying. Because this can happen, now when regulations aren't finalised yet. Most of other parts (C0-C4, A1-A3) will remain as they were told, I'm sure. That's why regulation says: drones sold after 1.7.2020 will have to have CE marking on it and that's a duty of manufacturer to do that. And that does not mean that companies shouldn't put Cx mark on drone now. Just look at MJX drone. Their drone already have C0 certificate on it. I clearly understand it is not to compare MJX and DJI, but again this is the case. I love everything from Mavic Air 2, but I also love not to throw money away for paper.

Question about this .... a C0 label is not absolutley necessary under the new EU regulation, is it ? Drones under 250g are ALWAYS classified in A1/C0 and are equated with a self-made drone under 250g. So the Mini would be in these class, with or without C0 label ... I guess.

2020-5-10
Use props
wictor
lvl.2

Germany

castormalin Posted at 5-9 15:05
DJI will not be forced. The drone will be usable, but with the restrictions of the legacy drones.
From their answers (they stated already several times that the MA2 is CE certified and can used in Europe according to the current standard for two years), my understanding is that it's not in their current plans to create a new P/N and re-certify an additional MA2 model for the new standard. In two years you will get a Mavic air 3 with the C1 Mark
For ADS-B it's different. Since it's not related to CE, I guess (hope) that the current CE marking was made with the ADS-B 'option', so that it will not be necessary to update the CE certification for ADS-B. In this case ADS-B could be introduced on the fly in Europe, when the chips will be available - Except of course if for cost saving reasons DJI don't want to do that. Future will tell.

The MA2 will get a certification once the new regulations apply. Otherwise DJI wouldn't be able to sell them to european customers from 1. July onwards.
2020-5-10
Use props
DenisJ
lvl.2
Slovenia

jonny007 Posted at 5-10 00:13
Question about this .... a C0 label is not absolutley necessary under the new EU regulation, is it ? Drones under 250g are ALWAYS classified in A1/C0 and are equated with a self-made drone under 250g. So the Mini would be in these class, with or without C0 label ... I guess.

[view_image]

Of course it is. Every single drone will have to have certification or it goes into legacy drones, no matter the weight. Otherwise every home made drone would fly in A1, if it's less then 250g. That's why C0 exists.
2020-5-10
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373510 ft
Sweden

urbanweb Posted at 5-9 17:27
DJI are the biggest drone manufacturer in the word (70% of the global market).  They know what they are doing.  Whilst the support chaps have their standard response to our questions, the powers that be know how this is planning out.   Relax.  It’ll be fine.

Ofcourse they know what they are doing. DJI is a company that have been struck financially by the pandemics, they need to start selling their products.  And they do not postpone launch because items are missing, instead they release under two different model numbers.

And how lucky we are that is only the ADS-B that is missing, it would have been awfull if they had released a model without engines.

They are not precise in their answers about the CE UA certifications and labelling. Essentially they say that we will be able to fly it under the new regulations ... which in most or all curcuimstances will hold true regardelss if it is or will be classified as C1.

They wont even need to label it C1 for that statement to be true.

They could gives us a clear and precise answer.
2020-5-10
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
France

wictor Posted at 5-10 00:56
The MA2 will get a certification once the new regulations apply. Otherwise DJI wouldn't be able to sell them to european customers from 1. July onwards.

Not sure. If you look at the CAP1789 EU Regulation standard, article 20 page 24 says :

This Article sets out the boundaries within which these ‘legacy’ products can continue to be used within the Open category, as well as setting a three-year target for manufacturers, beyond which, only UAS types that are compliant with the new product standards can be introduced for sale on the EU ‘market’. The key points are:
• from 1 July 2022 onwards, only UAS products that are compliant with the class C0 to C4 standards set out in the Delegated Regulation may be introduced for sale in the EU (placed on the market) for use in the Open category

To me it means that DJI can continue to sell drones in the EU that are not compliant with the class standard until 1-Jul-2022.  BTW, the standard has been released in July 2019

2020-5-10
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

DenisJ Posted at 5-10 02:01
Of course it is. Every single drone will have to have certification or it goes into legacy drones, no matter the weight. Otherwise every home made drone would fly in A1, if it's less then 250g. That's why C0 exists.

I have another understanding ... UNDER 250g always A1, regardless whether C0 or not (self built) see first line in the picture above
2020-5-10
Use props
wictor
lvl.2

Germany

castormalin Posted at 5-10 02:35
Not sure. If you look at the CAP1789 EU Regulation standard, article 20 page 24 says :

This Article sets out the boundaries within which these ‘legacy’ products can continue to be used within the Open category, as well as setting a three-year target for manufacturers, beyond which, only UAS types that are compliant with the new product standards can be introduced for sale on the EU ‘market’. The key points are:

You are right. My only hope is that DJI starts labeling their drones according to the new regulations as soon as the certification is possible.
2020-5-10
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

We, who live in EU (including UK) know how things can be changed over a night. That saying, what if EU regulation will change? In a way that they decide to automatically put all drones bought before 1.7.2020 into legacy drones. What will owners of their MA2 do then? This is the reason to keep me from buying. Because this can happen, now when regulations aren't finalised yet. Most of other parts (C0-C4, A1-A3) will remain as they were told, I'm sure. That's why regulation says: drones sold after 1.7.2020 will have to have CE marking on it and that's a duty of manufacturer to do that. And that does not mean that companies shouldn't put Cx mark on drone now. Just look at MJX drone. Their drone already have C0 certificate on it. I clearly understand it is not to compare MJX and DJI, but again this is the case. I love everything from Mavic Air 2, but I also love not to throw money away for paper.

Ihm sorry, but the EU-Regulations are already in force!
There will be no changes, DJI can wait for!
DJI was inited to be part of the regulations process, and the results are known since a year now!
DJI gives a ... on that regulations, and is actively lying to their customers!
2020-5-10
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

urbanweb Posted at 5-9 18:05
DJI are in touch with every organisation that matters for their products.  You have to remember, regulatory bodies are not there to be a pain, they will work with companies.  Especially the biggest.  

I do not believe DJI would have released the Air 2 if there wasn’t a plan, or that they already know how this will pan out, but are not able to say.  It would be extremely bad business practice to do this, and DJI are very savvy...

It is extremely bad business practice!
If you buy a Air2 now, you will end up with all the bad outcome, of flying a legacy drone with more than 250g after 01.07.2020.
That means e.g. A2-Licence, 50m Distance to ALL People (incl. the pilot) etc.
That means also, you can't use the "follow me" modus and so on.
2020-5-10
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

wictor Posted at 5-10 00:56
The MA2 will get a certification once the new regulations apply. Otherwise DJI wouldn't be able to sell them to european customers from 1. July onwards.

They are able to continue the selling for a period of time!
But they are not allowed to recertification of already sold drones!
If you buy one right now, you have to obey the restrictions set out for legacy drones with more than 250g.
2020-5-10
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

wictor Posted at 5-10 06:25
You are right. My only hope is that DJI starts labeling their drones according to the new regulations as soon as the certification is possible.

The certification is possible, as other producers are able to deliver their drones with certification.
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules