1316 20 2020-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greybeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 416004 ft
Canada

Hi:
I've seen posts about the controllers beeping but this one has me stumped. I just did the firmware upgrade and when it finished, the controller started beeping and will not stop. As well, it will not connect to the ipad so I cannot do calibrations. I did the re-linking process three times, and the beeps make it pretty clear that controller and aircraft are linked.  However the beeping just will not stop.  Loud and about 1 per second. It stops that beeping during the linking process, but then starts it right up again. I am at my wits end here.  The AC has only about 4 hours on it, never been damaged,and few just great two days ago.  The AC indicator blinks red and green.  The controller, actually will power on the AC engines.  What am I missing?
Any help would be appreciated.
2020-4-30
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Recalibrate your controller. That should work.
2020-4-30
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

So, I would probably refresh everything using DJI Assistant, and then recalibrate if necessary.
2020-4-30
Use props
greybeard
lvl.2
Canada

Traxx119 Posted at 4-30 17:36
Recalibrate your controller. That should work.

Powered on controller. Hooked to iPad opened DJI fly. Tried to calibrate. says RC not connected. So, app will not allow calibration.  Still the harsh beeping. Remote is 3/4 charged so I don't think its the low charge warning.  I'm thinking that its the firmware upgrade.
2020-4-30
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

greybeard Posted at 4-30 17:56
Powered on controller. Hooked to iPad opened DJI fly. Tried to calibrate. says RC not connected. So, app will not allow calibration.  Still the harsh beeping. Remote is 3/4 charged so I don't think its the low charge warning.  I'm thinking that its the firmware upgrade.

That is why I said to refresh using DJI Assistant.
2020-4-30
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

I would try what Deucalion suggested. If you didn't want to use DJI Assisstant would trying with a smartphone make a difference maybe. Not sure.
2020-4-30
Use props
greybeard
lvl.2
Canada

Traxx119 Posted at 4-30 18:03
I would try what Deucalion suggested. If you didn't want to use DJI Assisstant would trying with a smartphone make a difference maybe. Not sure.

DJI assistant does not recognize or "see" controller when powered on or off.  
2020-4-30
Use props
greybeard
lvl.2
Canada

Now have tried DJI assistant - doesn't connect. Nor with iPhone or iPad.  The thing is just not 'there' anymore.  
2020-4-30
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

greybeard Posted at 4-30 18:28
Now have tried DJI assistant - doesn't connect. Nor with iPhone or iPad.  The thing is just not 'there' anymore.

Did you refresh the firmware on the Aircraft first?
2020-4-30
Use props
greybeard
lvl.2
Canada

Traxx119 Posted at 4-30 18:30
Did you refresh the firmware on the Aircraft first?

Not sure what you mean by refresh.  What happened was: I followed the instructions on the screen when the dji fly app told of a firmware upgrade. It took awhile but then when the aircraft rebooted, or just by itself, the controller started this loud, persistent beeping. I thought it might have been the low battery warning, but the thing showed lots of power on the LEDs.  A message came up on the screen that was all in Chinese and would not go away until I touched it.  Could it be the thing was hacked and bricked? Not sure, but enough for tonight. I have work in the AM so must get going. thanks for the help.  BTW where would I go to buy a new controller if that is the issue?
2020-4-30
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

greybeard Posted at 4-30 18:39
Not sure what you mean by refresh.  What happened was: I followed the instructions on the screen when the dji fly app told of a firmware upgrade. It took awhile but then when the aircraft rebooted, or just by itself, the controller started this loud, persistent beeping. I thought it might have been the low battery warning, but the thing showed lots of power on the LEDs.  A message came up on the screen that was all in Chinese and would not go away until I touched it.  Could it be the thing was hacked and bricked? Not sure, but enough for tonight. I have work in the AM so must get going. thanks for the help.  BTW where would I go to buy a new controller if that is the issue?

I've never used DJI assisstant, so sorry i can't help you more with that. I would contact DJI and see if they can help you. As far as buying one, prob ebay or someone who lost their Mini and selling parts.  Good luck.
2020-4-30
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Last week i read a thread about a beeping controller after the update and calibrating the controller solved the problem. You said you've seen posts about beeping controllers, here is the one i saw in case you haven't seen it. Hope it helps: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712   
2020-4-30
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

greybeard Posted at 4-30 18:39
Not sure what you mean by refresh.  What happened was: I followed the instructions on the screen when the dji fly app told of a firmware upgrade. It took awhile but then when the aircraft rebooted, or just by itself, the controller started this loud, persistent beeping. I thought it might have been the low battery warning, but the thing showed lots of power on the LEDs.  A message came up on the screen that was all in Chinese and would not go away until I touched it.  Could it be the thing was hacked and bricked? Not sure, but enough for tonight. I have work in the AM so must get going. thanks for the help.  BTW where would I go to buy a new controller if that is the issue?

These are the steps for DJI Assistant...

1. Start DJI Assistant on PC (or Mac)
2. Power on your Drone
3. Plug the drone into a USB port on your PC (You must do this within 20 seconds of power on your drone)
4. It should connect and you can then click the firmware menu selection on the left.

For the controller, basically the same steps.

The batteries will update when you plug them into the drone and power it up and connect your controller.

If your controller is bricked, contact DJI and open a ticket.
2020-4-30
Use props
greybeard
lvl.2
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-30 20:52
These are the steps for DJI Assistant...

1. Start DJI Assistant on PC (or Mac)

Bricked is the word. And DJI site says they are basically shut down until Covid-19 crisis is done. I did the support thing and will wait, probably for a very long time. I saw a controller on eBay and might just have to go there.  Sigh.  
2020-5-1
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

greybeard Posted at 5-1 15:30
Bricked is the word. And DJI site says they are basically shut down until Covid-19 crisis is done. I did the support thing and will wait, probably for a very long time. I saw a controller on eBay and might just have to go there.  Sigh.

Sorry to hear that   Just wondering if you used the USB cable that came with the drone when using DJI Assisstant? You probably did, but just in case you didn't maybe you could try that because when you don't use the original cable, it's possible it will not recognize the Aircraft or Controller.
2020-5-1
Use props
greybeard
lvl.2
Canada

Traxx119 Posted at 5-1 17:02
Sorry to hear that   Just wondering if you used the USB cable that came with the drone when using DJI Assisstant? You probably did, but just in case you didn't maybe you could try that because when you don't use the original cable, it's possible it will not recognize the Aircraft or Controller.

Thanks but I tried several cables.  I have a bunch around the house. They worked with other things so I know the are good.  Its the controller gone south.  The cheapest replacement was $165. So, this one is earthbound.  Just glad I still have the P3 to fly.  I'll post when the results are in. thanks everyone.
2020-5-1
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

greybeard Posted at 5-1 18:41
Thanks but I tried several cables.  I have a bunch around the house. They worked with other things so I know the are good.  Its the controller gone south.  The cheapest replacement was $165. So, this one is earthbound.  Just glad I still have the P3 to fly.  I'll post when the results are in. thanks everyone.

I know your prob sick of messing with it, but maybe when you get a chance, you should try one more time with the original USB cable that came with the drone if you can locate it. I read a post from a guy who couldn't connect his Aircraft or Controller using working cables he had laying around the house, but when he used the original that came with the drone, it worked. I think "bricked" means the controller would be dead and no longer be able to connect to the aircraft or even turn on for that matter (but i could be wrong on that).    Yes, please post the results.         Enjoy your P3 and fly safe!
2020-5-1
Use props
greybeard
lvl.2
Canada

Traxx119 Posted at 5-1 19:32
I know your prob sick of messing with it, but maybe when you get a chance, you should try one more time with the original USB cable that came with the drone if you can locate it. I read a post from a guy who couldn't connect his Aircraft or Controller using working cables he had laying around the house, but when he used the original that came with the drone, it worked. I think "bricked" means the controller would be dead and no longer be able to connect to the aircraft or even turn on for that matter (but i could be wrong on that).    Yes, please post the results.         Enjoy your P3 and fly safe!

So, in case anyone is still following. The controller on the mini was basically shot. They examined it and sent me a new one.  Only thing - they didn't pair controller and drone. Not a big issues. Just means they didn't test them together.  Oh well, flying again for almost a month! Yeah
2020-6-17
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

greybeard Posted at 6-17 12:01
So, in case anyone is still following. The controller on the mini was basically shot. They examined it and sent me a new one.  Only thing - they didn't pair controller and drone. Not a big issues. Just means they didn't test them together.  Oh well, flying again for almost a month! Yeah

That last step DJI "missed" was, kinda, important I would think.......
2020-6-17
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

greybeard Posted at 6-17 12:01
So, in case anyone is still following. The controller on the mini was basically shot. They examined it and sent me a new one.  Only thing - they didn't pair controller and drone. Not a big issues. Just means they didn't test them together.  Oh well, flying again for almost a month! Yeah

Glad to hear you're flying again   Thank you for the update.
2020-6-17
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604068 ft
United States

VERY cumbersome.  I've refreshed firmware , re-calibrated everything.  24 hours out of box and lots of problems.   Why  ? My 3 year old Mavic Pro rarely had any hiccups .    Guess we've all gone backwards now.
2020-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules