Shooting 360 - going well but have a suggestion.
747 2 2020-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lingerak
lvl.2

United States

Apart from the stabilizer function for shooting video, i mainly bought the Ronin SC for making full 360 sphere panorama pictures quickly.

I get good results, especially when making sure the center of the lens (9 mm on GH5) is close to the rotation points. For this i move the camera to the middle as much as possible and keep the roll axis locked, so it doesn't get off balance. after all, i only need tilt and pan. The gimbal works fine keeping roll locked.

One thing that annoys me though is the app (android). it's really hard to keep the right settings. dragging the corners is very imprecise, and it's easily reset by accident. as im using just one lens, would it be possible to add PRESETS to this screen? then it can precisely be adjusted once, and then recalled any time quickly.

best would be to have a screen to choose from PRESET or MANUAL, so when you use the preset, you can't accidentaly change the setting by touching the screen. that's something that happes too often now.

hope this can be considered!
best,
d

2020-4-30
Use props
lingerakgmail.com
lvl.2

United States

After many more 360 panorama pictures, i'm really annoyed by the app settings. The Ronin-SC is doing it's work fine, but it's just so hard to keep the right settings in the app. If you put your angle on 360, no matter what setting, the last image will have big overlap (means: is almost the same) as the first image of a row. it seems it doesn't take into account the overlap of the last image with the first image?

It's as good as impossible to keep settings between two shoots.

I have one camera and one lens, all i want it is to divide a circle into 6 rows, and 3 columns, maximum angle, (maybe only get a little off the top angle to not have too much air), and shoot.

the mavic drone does exactly that, i get perfectly even spaced pictures from it which are easy to stitch. why not apply the same logic to the Ronin software?

I hope some day my wish of steady shoots, that are the same each time without guessing and fiddling with dots on a screen, comes true. a very simple change in the app could do it.  

d

2020-6-2
Use props
lingerakgmail.com
lvl.2

United States

lingerakgmail.com Posted at 6-2 23:41
After many more 360 panorama pictures, i'm really annoyed by the app settings. The Ronin-SC is doing it's work fine, but it's just so hard to keep the right settings in the app. If you put your angle on 360, no matter what setting, the last image will have big overlap (means: is almost the same) as the first image of a row. it seems it doesn't take into account the overlap of the last image with the first image?

It's as good as impossible to keep settings between two shoots.

basically if you want a good 360 picture without the first and last image being an almost complete overlap, and you know you need 6 pictures in a row for it, DO NOT put the app on 360 degrees but put it on just over 300 degrees, as it takes the LEFT from the first image to the RIGHT of the last image (no idea what's the logic of that?)..
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules