Mavic Air 2 - Active track 3.0
3608 18 2020-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
todsan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Will the new active track 3.0 be able to follow downhill?
2020-4-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

When ActiveTrack 3.0 is enabled, the terrain follow mode is also available, no problem to follow downhill.
2020-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Id be more concerned about uphill following.
2020-5-1
Use props
todsan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Excellent, thanks. Its mainly for mountain biking and skiing
2020-5-1
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-1 01:25
When ActiveTrack 3.0 is enabled, the terrain follow mode is also available, no problem to follow downhill.

Great to know.
2020-5-1
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Question about this: Suppose the drone is in P / Normal mode at the start of the tracking and the obstacle avoidance is activated. The object (car, bike, ski ...) is now faster, so that the speed in normal mode is no longer sufficient to follow the target. Does that mean that the drone loses its target? I think so. It will definitely not switch to sport mode, although it should also deactivate obstacle avoidance.
2020-5-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 5-5 02:34
Question about this: Suppose the drone is in P / Normal mode at the start of the tracking and the obstacle avoidance is activated. The object (car, bike, ski ...) is now faster, so that the speed in normal mode is no longer sufficient to follow the target. Does that mean that the drone loses its target? I think so. It will definitely not switch to sport mode, although it should also deactivate obstacle avoidance.

If the target out paces the drone, the drone will just hover where it loses contact.
2020-5-5
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

jonny007 Posted at 5-5 02:34

If the object is too fast it must wait drone.

See this test https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2020-5-5
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

I have seen these video, but I have not clearly recognized whether the drone stops due to obstacles or because the speed was too high. Mmmmh, to avoid this, you would have to switch to sport mode from the beginning, but then you would have no obstacle avoidance or is active track only possible in normal mode?
2020-5-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 5-5 04:28
I have seen these video, but I have not clearly recognized whether the drone stops due to obstacles or because the speed was too high. Mmmmh, to avoid this, you would have to switch to sport mode from the beginning, but then you would have no obstacle avoidance or is active track only possible in normal mode?

It will follow in all modes and yes in S mode no OA.
2020-5-5
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-1 01:25

Apas 3 works with sensors and main camera or only with sensors?
2020-5-8
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Niknik Posted at 5-8 05:31
Apas 3 works with sensors and main camera or only with sensors?

both as stated by DJI Mindy. It also works going backwards but performance is significantly reduced since it can only rely on sensors for flying backwards.
2020-5-8
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Ice_2k Posted at 5-8 05:41
both as stated by DJI Mindy. It also works going backwards but performance is significantly reduced since it can only rely on sensors for flying backwards.

And can it recognise up obstacle with front and back sensor ?
2020-5-8
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

not sure I understand the question. Isn't that the purpose of the sensors, to recognise obstacles?
2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Niknik Posted at 5-8 06:53
And can it recognise up obstacle with front and back sensor ?

Yes it can, APAS will slow craft down before reaching obstacles in Apas1 craft could go left right and above obstacles, APAS 3 can now go below, it decides through its AI which option is best and it’s pretty good at it, but remember it will slow your craft down to work out its route.
2020-5-8
Use props
djiuser_O3U0NsFjbUhj
New
Finland

Tried active track today on downhill. The drone followed like 100metres. didn't go downhill at all. Just same altitude. After hundred Meters slowed down and only gimbal followed The person i was tracking. Whats wrong?
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_O3U0NsFjbUhj
New
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-5-1 01:25

Tried active track today on downhill. The drone followed like 100metres. didn't go downhill at all. Just same altitude. After hundred Meters slowed down and only gimbal followed The person i was tracking. Whats wrong?
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_O3U0NsFjbUhj
New
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-5-1 01:25

Tried active track today on downhill. The drone followed like 100metres. didn't go downhill at all. Just same altitude. After hundred Meters slowed down and only gimbal followed The person i was tracking. Whats wrong? active teack 3.0 enabled? Jos do i know i have that one.
2021-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_O3U0NsFjbUhj Posted at 6-7 22:33
Tried active track today on downhill. The drone followed like 100metres. didn't go downhill at all. Just same altitude. After hundred Meters slowed down and only gimbal followed The person i was tracking. Whats wrong? active teack 3.0 enabled? Jos do i know i have that one.

Could you please provide us a video to check the situation? Please also be advised that the terrain follow mode of Mavic Air 2 is suitable for terrain elevation change Angle less than 10°.
2021-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules