1591 9 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paride Musci
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

In recent days I have seen many posts regarding batteries of the mavic 2 swollen and crashes drones, so I want to sharing my experience with you.

I own a Mavic 2 pro since 2018, you know I have almost always flown in the mountains, on the lakes and sea, in the fog and even with light rain when happened to fly in bad weather and strong wind.

Yesterday I checked the charges of the batteries, battery n°1 I had charged it 41 times, the n°2 - 39 and the n°3 - 47.

Maybe from tomorrow all three batteries will explode and I will also make a post about it, pitying my drone fallen from the sky, I hope not...

But I want to share with you my storage method which has worked so far.

This is what I usually do:

-I always store and transport my batteries in fireproof cases with silica gel bags inside. It is clear that when I am hiking I have batteries inside the cases that slow down the temperature change and the silica gel bags that retain humidity help. And then I never leave the batteries attached to the drone when I'm not using it.

-If the battery charge is <30%, I always charge it even if I don't have to use it for a month. If the battery charge is >30/40% I charge it the day before using it. I fully charge all the batteries partial charged the day before I will use them.

-I never drain a battery below 15-20%. Some completely discharged the battery (not in flight ...) to extend its life, I never did and I can't tell you if it's a right or wrong thing. Maybe it would be good if I do it too or maybe not, I don't know.

-I don't know what temperature I have at home exactly. I keep them in my bedroom, in a drawer of the desk, then at home and not in the cold/hot temperature in the garage, in the cellar or in the attic, or in the hood of the car...so to speak.

-The automatic discharge time is set to 10 days, so if I do not use them by the following weekend, the batteries go down to a safety charge.

-I'm sure there is no need for me to tell you not to use car chargers if you turn off the engine while charging, not to use third-party chargers but only the original one and not to recharge a still hot battery just discharged,
and that it is not good to leave the batteries in the car in the sun while we are cooling off by swimming, it's right?

This is what I do, it is not said that it is right or that it is the best.

I hope I have been helpful.

Tell me about yours

SmartSelect_20200501-103838.jpg
20200501_103259.jpg
20200501_103335.jpg
20200501_103354.jpg
20200501_103455.jpg
2020-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sound advice,  perhaps a mention of the temperature not to store them at would make a good amendment.
2020-5-1
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 02:05
Sound advice,  perhaps a mention of the temperature not to store them at would make a good amendment.

I don't know the temperature in my house, but I don't let them get cold or hot.
2020-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paride Musci Posted at 5-1 04:02
I don't know the temperature in my house, but I don't let them get cold or hot.

And Im sure you don't store them in a hot car either.  
2020-5-1
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

certainly not ,it would be like leaving the dog or a child in the car
2020-5-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good advice.
2020-5-4
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great tips.
2020-5-4
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

All your battery care suggestions are very good.  I have almost practice the same steps as you do.

One thing I'd like to add....

- Never charge a hot battery.  Meaning - if the battery was dismounted after a flight, give it a chance to cool down before you charge it again.  I usually wait several hours, sometimes I dont risk it and just wait the next day to charge.

You have very good tips....Thank You for sharing!
2020-5-22
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

Joecos Posted at 5-22 16:38
All your battery care suggestions are very good.  I have almost practice the same steps as you do.

One thing I'd like to add....

totally agree. thank you!
2020-5-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent tips
2020-7-15
Use props