Firmware v01.00.0500 - I want to downgrade!
4064 15 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

I tested new firmware over last couple of days.

And I am very dissapointed,because I have a feeling that maneuverability got worse, much worse.
I am a fan of smooth motion and I already complained about stick sensibility in other thread.

And I have a feeling, that latest firmware made sticks even more sensible, almost impossible to do minimalistic, slow, smooth motion in ALL of the modes (P, S, C).

So I decided that I do not need any new features on my drone and I want to downgrade and stay there.

1. How to do this permanently?

2. DJI admins - can you post a screen of the sensibility graph curve from developers? Please and thank you.

Have a nice day!

2020-5-1
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't noticed a change in motion but I'll keep an eye out.
2020-5-1
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

"DJI admins - can you post a screen of the sensibility graph curve from developers?"

lol...you'd have more luck by calling Ghostbusters
2020-5-1
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

From my understanding, you can do that from the desktop version........

I haven't seen any issues with the controls today or yesterday in flight.
2020-5-1
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

use the DJI Assistant on your Mac or PC and downgrade. But, I have no issues with the new version...
2020-5-1
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Hi !

You should try it:  

2020-5-1
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Even if you do downgrade, eventually the older versions go away. For example, after 500 came out, 300 is now gone. I suspect when 600 comes out, 400 will then be gone.
2020-5-1
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

There are sticks available, which are about 1,5cm longer than the originals. I have made good experience with them.
2020-5-1
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JGFly Posted at 5-1 04:10
Hi !

You should try it:  Pinch control method

First of all, I have upgraded to the new software and I don't have any problem with the controls (and luckily not with the propellers/motors either).
As a very new drone pilot I take it very easy when I am out there and I admire people who send their drone a mile+ away. I have tried both methods of control. The pinch method is much more accurate, in my opinion, but for people (like me) with shorts fingers, it is difficult to operate the camera wheel when both thumb and index finger are on the sticks. But I am practising :-)
2020-5-1
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

Thank you, but I have tried every trick on the internet (I fly using pinch, i have longer sticks, I have RC strapped, ...)

None of that helps, because sensibility curve is "strange". I think it is not even linear line, but inversed exponential curve. (very sensitive at beginning and not so sensitive at end)

My friend has MavicPro 2 and I have tried to fly with it. And for me it is like day and night, JUST because you can adjust sensibility curve fot the sticks, for your needs.
I thing this should be added to the app ASAP!

Does Mavic Air 2 have option to adjust curve? Anybody knows? It is using same app, DJI FLY?

I will do some more testing with this firmware, but I think, that I will downgrade..
2020-5-1
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

You can look here for almost any version of the Go4 app here:
https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for ... /dji.go.v4/versions

I am still running the original flashing from DJI, I haven't "updated" anything in almost 3 years.
Device goes into airplane mode when powering up.
I decide if Mavic "phones home".........
2020-5-1
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Thalisbl Posted at 5-1 05:25
First of all, I have upgraded to the new software and I don't have any problem with the controls (and luckily not with the propellers/motors either).
As a very new drone pilot I take it very easy when I am out there and I admire people who send their drone a mile+ away. I have tried both methods of control. The pinch method is much more accurate, in my opinion, but for people (like me) with shorts fingers, it is difficult to operate the camera wheel when both thumb and index finger are on the sticks. But I am practising :-)

Yes, repeat over and over. The brain will create new connections and you will never go back.
2020-5-1
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Skrajnik Posted at 5-1 05:28
Thank you, but I have tried every trick on the internet (I fly using pinch, i have longer sticks, I have RC strapped, ...)

None of that helps, because sensibility curve is "strange". I think it is not even linear line, but inversed exponential curve. (very sensitive at beginning and not so sensitive at end)

'' I thing this should be added to the app ASAP! '' (Exponential curve)

2020-5-1
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Flycaster Posted at 5-1 05:35
You can look here for almost any version of the Go4 app here:
https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4/versions

Go4 won't work with Mavic Mini. And we are talking about the firmware, not the app.
2020-5-1
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

My mistake sorries....
2020-5-1
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia