How good is Crystalsky
1968 15 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
whitehunter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am thinking of buying a Crystalsky Ultra but have been reading that a number have had overheating problems and blank screens when the back light fails. Is overheating and backlight problems a really big issue or not?. Paying just short of £1000 I wont something thats going to be reliable, I know it would be under warrenty if anything goes wrong but what about the long term?
2020-5-1
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DO NOT BUY IT.. it is NOT reliable, apparently 70% of the Ultra models have failed and getting DJI to replace it or repair it is like pulling teeth, it'll take ages, your warranty date will not restart and it WILL fail again, most likely when out of warranty.
DJI is the WORST company to deal with and I would NOT recommend buying anything from DJI.... AVOID buying DJI equipment completely, avoide it like the PLAGUE.
The CS is no longer supported by DJI, the software is out of date, all you get are insulting "copy & paste" lies as a response to your enquiries just to make blow you off and make you go away.

If you REALLY want the brighter screen than the High bright do not burn out as much as the Ultra but still you're taking a chance, and you have to put up with DJI Go 4 version 4.3.16, where the latest currently is 4.3.32. DJI will not be releasing any more updates for the CS.
It is not future proof, and you can not operate the Mavic Mini or their new Mavic Air 2 as DJI Flys is incompatible with the CS.
You can not install the generic DJI Go 4 app on the CS and you're very limited to what you can install on the CS so you can't even use it as a regular tablet as an alternative.. the latest V3 firmware made it even more restricted and deliberatly allows the CS to get hotter before the fans kick in, shortening the life of the CS even more...

I say if you want to fly drones than look at other companies who actually have respect for their customers and supprt their equipment...

I can not be any more honest... BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!
2020-5-1
Use props
whitehunter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Many thanks for a detailed reply, after reading your post I won't be buying one!
2020-5-1
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I echo the same sentiment. I was an early buyer of the CS which DJI has basically shelved. CS is 32bit. They have written their new Fly apps for their new drones in 64bit so it won't run on CS tablet which means they basically abandoned their CrystalSky customers. Don't waste your money like us who now have an expensive paperweight. Lesson learned, DJI!
2020-5-2
Use props
whitehunter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Many thanks. I am surprised DJI are still selling CS especially as there does not appear to be any warning to buyers that it will not work with newer drones. I use an iPad mini and was looking for a monitor with a clearer view in the sun, can't find any alternative to CS with a brighter screen.
2020-5-2
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

whitehunter Posted at 5-2 20:57
Many thanks. I am surprised DJI are still selling CS especially as there does not appear to be any warning to buyers that it will not work with newer drones. I use an iPad mini and was looking for a monitor with a clearer view in the sun, can't find any alternative to CS with a brighter screen.

That's because DJI is a lazy scamming bunch of ......, they hate westerners but love  western money... all of their products are unsupported very quickly...
Boycott DJI... other drone manufacturers have great customer support and none of this contemptuous copy and paste answers to insult their customers intelligence?
I'm never going to spend another cent on  ANY DJI products ever again.
2020-5-2
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

DO NOT BUY IT  !    It's unloved by DJI,  Outdated and UN SUPPORTED !...  Look for an alternative non DJI Product.
2020-5-3
Use props
whitehunter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Many thanks. After reading the replies to my post, I shall not be spending hundreds of £ on this monitor! A CS  Ultra is on Ebay at the moment ending today with a few extras, starting price £485, no bids!  Wonder why!
2020-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Not good.     

DJI should have come out with a CrystalSky 2; addressing all problems with first version.  
Then gave every CrystalSky owner a FREE trade-in for CrystalSky-2.

2020-5-21
Use props
whitehunter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Agreed. I was amazed at the reported problems others had experienced and there doesn't appear to be any responce from DJI.
2020-5-21
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Every thing these guys said is right on the money. DJI is the worst for customer care. They give you lame excuses when you ask a question like why doesn't the Mavic Mini work on the DJI Go software so we could use it with the Crystal Sky. Their answer was that the Mavic Mini was a beginners drone which was created with basic software like the DJI Fly. That whole excuse goes right out the window because when the Mavic Air 2 came out, they used the DJI Fly software. The Mavic Air 2 is not a beginner drone??

They really never supported the Crystal Sky and always give you ridiculous resolutions to fixing the thing like reboot the unit. When you show them it's their fault, their answer is the traditional DJI line of crap "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you".  They never do get back to you.

The best one and most original is "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will keep this in mind for future products"   The question I asked is where does that leave us?? The answer they gave was ZZZZZZZZZ, as in no answer.

You can now understand why this company is in litigation for patent infringement!

I used to be a DJI fan boy and now I tell everyone to not buy these products. It wasn't till I needed support that they lost me as a customer. The worst part is that they just don't care! Nice job DJI!
2020-5-22
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-21 10:34
Not good.     

DJI should have come out with a CrystalSky 2; addressing all problems with first version.  

Hedge Trimmer, you are lucky if they even answer you! You can forget about them ever doing something like that which would be the right thing to do!
2020-5-22
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 5-1 05:17
DO NOT BUY IT.. it is NOT reliable, apparently 70% of the Ultra models have failed and getting DJI to replace it or repair it is like pulling teeth, it'll take ages, your warranty date will not restart and it WILL fail again, most likely when out of warranty.
DJI is the WORST company to deal with and I would NOT recommend buying anything from DJI.... AVOID buying DJI equipment completely, avoide it like the PLAGUE.
The CS is no longer supported by DJI, the software is out of date, all you get are insulting "copy & paste" lies as a response to your enquiries just to make blow you off and make you go away.

Great honest assessment and right on the money!
2020-5-22
Use props
whitehunter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

jazzyjeff Posted at 5-22 15:17
Every thing these guys said is right on the money. DJI is the worst for customer care. They give you lame excuses when you ask a question like why doesn't the Mavic Mini work on the DJI Go software so we could use it with the Crystal Sky. Their answer was that the Mavic Mini was a beginners drone which was created with basic software like the DJI Fly. That whole excuse goes right out the window because when the Mavic Air 2 came out, they used the DJI Fly software. The Mavic Air 2 is not a beginner drone??

They really never supported the Crystal Sky and always give you ridiculous resolutions to fixing the thing like reboot the unit. When you show them it's their fault, their answer is the traditional DJI line of crap "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you".  They never do get back to you.

Many thanks, glad I asked before buying.
2020-5-23
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Although I agree with most college Dji Crystalsky users above, I use it with each M2 flight, just because of the bright screen view!
Taking some connection loses and no Dji support/updates at the same time...
2020-5-23
Use props
whitehunter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Good to know not all are a problem, but as DJI appears to have abandoned Crystalsky, I shall not be purchasing. I would have thought other companies would have launched a similar product, perhaps the the heat issue to achieve a bright screen is something that can't be solved.
2020-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules