4764 2 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stromae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82694 ft
Norway

Hi All,

Having owned the original mavic in the past and feeling the urge to yet again take to the skies I pulled the trigger on the Mavic Air 2.

One question occured to me... In active track, will the drone be able to follow a decent in altitude? E.g. Following a mountain biker or skier down the mountain?

Either way I am overly excited to get my hands on this drone.. it just looks amazing!
2020-5-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Stromae, thanks to your support to DJI, you could use Active Track when following a mountain biker or skier down the mountain, the terrain follow mode is supported. There are two sub-modes in Active Track 3.0, Trace and Parallel. Please note in trace mode, the max speed is 8m/s in N/T mode, the drone will avoid obstacles automatically. The max speed in S mode is 18m/s, the drone cannot avoid obstacles. In Parallel mode, the max speed is 12m/s in N/T mode, 18m/s in S mode, no obstacle avoidance in this mode.
It is recommended to wear clothes with bright colors for better tracking performance.
2020-5-2
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-2 05:14
Hi Stromae, thanks to your support to DJI, you could use Active Track when following a mountain biker or skier down the mountain, the terrain follow mode is supported. There are two sub-modes in Active Track 3.0, Trace and Parallel. Please note in trace mode, the max speed is 8m/s in N/T mode, the drone will avoid obstacles automatically. The max speed in S mode is 18m/s, the drone cannot avoid obstacles. In Parallel mode, the max speed is 12m/s in N/T mode, 18m/s in S mode, no obstacle avoidance in this mode.
It is recommended to wear clothes with bright colors for better tracking performance.

Cant, you speed up the speed in trace mode from 8 to 12m/s? in parallel mode can you make it better with obstacle avoidance? Maybe as good as in trace mode which is fantastic?
2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules