Adjusting EV - Camera Manual Settings
4930 9 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240135 ft
United States

I have both the Inspire and P3.  Aftering updating the firmware today and recalibrating IMU, I noticed that I cannot enter manual settings the same as on the I1.  In fact, I cannot adjust EV at all.  Without ND filters the camera is not suitable for shooting videos.  

What am I missing?
2015-6-16
Use props
filmworx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I know it's a different layout to the Inspire. Once you click the sliders Icon below the big shutter button on the right of the screen  then you're in manual mode. When you exit that screen, your back in auto
2015-6-16
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

filmworx Posted at 2015-6-17 02:50
As far as I know it's a different layout to the Inspire. Once you click the sliders Icon below the b ...

Tapping on the settings icon opens another window where you can adjust either ISO or Shutter speed. If you use the camera setting icon to close that window, you just go back into Auto mode!

You have to close the adjustment window by swiping it off the screen.

The really big clue is the camera settings icon - if it's highlighted, you're in manual mode.
If it isn't highlighted, you're in AUTO.
2015-6-16
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

filmworx Posted at 2015-6-17 02:50
As far as I know it's a different layout to the Inspire. Once you click the sliders Icon below the b ...

Tapping on the settings icon opens another window where you can adjust either ISO or Shutter speed. If you use the camera setting icon to close that window, you just go back into Auto mode!

You have to close the adjustment window by swiping it off the screen.

The really big clue is the camera settings icon - if it's highlighted, you're in manual mode.
If it isn't highlighted, you're in AUTO.
2015-6-16
Use props
chris
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies.  I cannot adjust the EV setting in either auto nor manual mode on the P3, however there is an adjustment that is a available on the Inspire when you hit the sliders icon.   How is it possible to shoot acceptable footage without NDs during the day?  Even on an overcast day the minimum shutter speed has to be around 1/500 to avoid over exposing which we all know happens to video shot at high shutter speeds.
2015-6-17
Use props
chris
lvl.2
United States

I'm ordering the Renaat ND filters.  This looks like the only fix until DJI releases a camera with aperture control.
2015-6-17
Use props
cascadeflyer
lvl.2

United States

Something is not right. You should be able to adjust exposure.
2015-6-17
Use props
filmworx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To change EV in auto mode you roll the the wheel on the top right of the transmitter to the left or right
2015-6-17
Use props
chris
lvl.2
United States

Thank you  filmworx.  I was out flying today and figured that out by accident.
2015-6-17
Use props
darelyn
New

United States

But how can you adjust EV in manual mode?
2015-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules