12Next >
27566 51 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trdronetr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10633 ft
Turkey

How to Change Mavic Mini CE to FCC version (5.8 Ghz) on Iphone without jailbreak and Mac
Please say thanks and follow instagram: @trdronetr

DJİ MAVİC MİNİ FCC MODE FOR IOS ENGLISH (f).pdf

542.18 KB, Down times: 1841

2020-5-1
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Thanks for information. Just to see what is it and why should I use that.

Cheers !
2020-5-1
Use props
VLong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78799 ft
United States

I am 2nd to the same question as well.
2020-5-1
Use props
trdronetr
lvl.1
Turkey

if you live in eu countries, you need to do this to fly more stability with fcc freq.
2020-5-1
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

trdronetr Posted at 5-1 10:05
if you live in eu countries, you need to do this to fly more stability with fcc freq.

Which doesnt help at all, as the CE version lacks the FCC modul.

It helps FCC people, to use the FCC range in CE contries.
2020-5-2
Use props
Dr. Alex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156916 ft
Bulgaria

thE29, not completely true. Putting the CE model in FCC mode increases the transmitting power a litle bit, but not as much as in the FCC model. You see an increase of the range. There are youtubers that demonstrated with RF measuring devices, that this is true.
2020-5-2
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Austria

Dr. Alex Posted at 5-2 02:58
thE29, not completely true. Putting the CE model in FCC mode increases the transmitting power a litle bit, but not as much as in the FCC model. You see an increase of the range. There are youtubers that demonstrated with RF measuring devices, that this is true.

But you will never get the FCC range, as the remote lacks something.

How far did they come, compared to CE mode only?
2020-5-2
Use props
Bekoal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55984 ft
Belgium

2 versions of Mini
2020-5-2
Use props
Dr. Alex
lvl.3
Bulgaria

thE29 Posted at 5-2 03:18
But you will never get the FCC range, as the remote lacks something.

How far did they come, compared to CE mode only?

https://youtu.be/ugEUb2otZzE
2020-5-3
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Austria

Dr. Alex Posted at 5-3 03:06
https://youtu.be/ugEUb2otZzE

I am more sad/disappointed about the ~655m range in the CE mode.. W T F.
2020-5-3
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Its the iOS verison of Fake GPS, thanks for the info
2020-5-3
Use props
Dr. Alex
lvl.3
Bulgaria

thE29 Posted at 5-3 09:36
I am more sad/disappointed about the ~655m range in the CE mode.. W T F.

In non-RF- polluted areas, like extraurban fields and beaches, 2.4 GHz provides 1.5-2km range. The problem is the city, where 2.4 GHz is generally useless. There the FCC hack is usefull, because it boosts a little the already very limited 5.8GHz range.
2020-5-3
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

trdronetr Posted at 5-1 10:05

Ok, understood,

Thanks !
2020-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does this work with the Mavic 2 pro?
2020-5-4
Use props
trdronetr
lvl.1
Turkey

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 00:18
Does this work with the Mavic 2 pro?

you have to try
2020-5-4
Use props
Pavel90
lvl.1
Czechia

Thanks for information
2020-5-11
Use props
Pitpod
New

Poland

Thanks for information
2020-5-29
Use props
Медведев Александр
New

many thanks!
2020-6-2
Use props
Медведев Александр
New

with fcc it turned out to fly 500 meters up and at a distance of 1 km in the city
2020-6-2
Use props
Nian Family
New
Flight distance : 18087 ft

Denmark

Why am I not allowed to download the PDF?
2020-6-6
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151122 ft
Australia

They shouldn't even be restricting their drones in the first place... It's not DJI's place to play the role of "drone police" - that's quite literally what you have the local authorities for.

Instead of actively policing drone operation (such as preventing drones from reaching a certain altitude), DJI should stick to passively policing drone operation, such as by maintaining the "Fly Safe" database, putting warnings in the respective (DJI) application (e.g. "By changing this setting, you may be violating local laws!") and by implementing ADS-B notifications (e.g. an in-application notification that aircraft may be approaching your location).

The only times DJI should be actively policing drone operation is when required by local laws (which at the time of writing, is rarely the case), or for "high profile" / especially dangerous geographic areas (e.g. the White House, most types of airports, military bases, etc).

For the record, my drone is "unrestricted" in the sense that it operates within FCC guidelines (i.e. my altitude is only restricted by what the FCC says I can fly to, etc...), despite being in Australia - but I still stand by my belief that in most cases, DJI should not be actively policing the operation of drones... Of course, this won't change anything and DJI will continue to actively police drone operation though.

2020-6-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Gregory.Opera Posted at 6-6 18:03
They shouldn't even be restricting their drones in the first place... It's not DJI's place to play the role of "drone police" - that's quite literally what you have the local authorities for.

Instead of actively policing drone operation (such as preventing drones from reaching a certain altitude), DJI should stick to passively policing drone operation, such as by maintaining the "Fly Safe" database, putting warnings in the respective (DJI) application (e.g. "By changing this setting, you may be violating local laws!") and by implementing ADS-B notifications (e.g. an in-application notification that aircraft may be approaching your location).

You're a moron, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission, an American agency that controls the radio spectrum in the US, it no jurisdiction here in Australia.

And it has no say over where you fly or how high, in the US that is the role of the FAA, the Federal Aviation Administration, again an American organisation which has no jurisdiction here in Australia. And is it the responsibility of DJI to control the levels of radio transmission, as their equipment has to comply with local laws in countries all over the world. This is why the aircraft itself determines the power transmission level.

And you will find that the CAA, who control civil aircraft operations in Australia, is quite happy to have DJI limit the ability to fly near airport control zones, because morons like you don't even know the laws, even less know what country you are in and should not be let out in charge of a drone anyway.

2020-6-6
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-6 18:29
You're a moron, the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission, an American agency that controls the radio spectrum in the US, it no jurisdiction here in Australia.

And it has no say over where you fly or how high, in the US that is the role of the FAA, the Federal Aviation Administration, again an American organisation which has no jurisdiction here in Australia. And is it the responsibility of DJI to control the levels of radio transmission, as their equipment has to comply with local laws in countries all over the world. This is why the aircraft itself determines the power transmission level.

Says the guy that didn't even bother to read my post, nor have any understanding of how DJI products work outside of countries not covered by CE / FCC / SRRC standards... I spoke with DJI via e-mail and when a country is not covered by CE, FCC or SRRC certification, DJI products sold in said country will instead use equipment that conforms to either CE or FCC standards.

For Australia, that means 2.4GHz DJI products will meet the CE guidelines, and 5.8GHz DJI products will meet the FCC guidelines.

I understand that no everybody is competent with reading, so let me break down the rest of my post...

The only times DJI should be actively policing drone operation is when required by local laws (which at the time of writing, is rarely  the case), or for "high profile" / especially dangerous geographic  areas (e.g. the White House, most types of airports, military bases,  etc).

This is me saying that DJI should be placing restrictions on their products near airports... I know right - it's almost like I support their decision to block drones near airports, so that irresponsible idiots (like yourself, perhaps?) are not endangering the lives of everybody else!

As for me, I've never even been near an airport with a drone, let alone operated my drone near one... If hanging around airports is your thing, then I have no respect for you - but I know better.

And there is nothing in Australian legislation that compells DJI to place restrictions on their drones (since you're apparently such an expert on Australian legislation, please feel free to show me where I'm wrong...), however there is legislation on radio transmitters, which is not necessasarily related to restrictions being placed on drones.
2020-6-6
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

There are only 5 options!
1. Apple +JB + Relocate.
2. The second phone with Android.
3. Device for substituting GPS coordinates on which it is possible to set certain coordinates.
4. Come to the FCC country and launch the drone there, then in the CE countries, launch the drone always with a device for jamming GPS signals, like a USB Flash, take off and only then connect the phone to the remote.
5. Buy DJI Fly Frida and the developer's signature to independently install the software on iOS, all this will cost about 150USD per year.
2020-6-6
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

AltServer and 3uTools are all bull..., since you need to PC and do it every time and maximum in the second case for 7 days, it is much easier to do JB, especially at the moment Apple is defeated!
2020-6-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Gregory.Opera Posted at 6-6 21:00
Says the guy that didn't even bother to read my post, nor have any understanding of how DJI products work outside of countries not covered by CE / FCC / SRRC standards... I spoke with DJI via e-mail and when a country is not covered by CE, FCC or SRRC certification, DJI products sold in said country will instead use equipment that conforms to either CE or FCC standards.

For Australia, that means 2.4GHz DJI products will meet the CE guidelines, and 5.8GHz DJI products will meet the FCC guidelines.

You said: 'i.e. my altitude is only restricted by what the FCC says I can fly to, etc...'

Which is a total confusion of what the FCC, the American authority who control radio licensing, and you in Australia, where the FCC has no jurisdiction, and control over altitude, which is not under the jurisdiction of the FCC. I rest my case.
2020-6-6
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-6 21:34
You said: 'i.e. my altitude is only restricted by what the FCC says I can fly to, etc...'

Which is a total confusion of what the FCC, the American authority who control radio licensing, and you in Australia, where the FCC has no jurisdiction, and control over altitude, which is not under the jurisdiction of the FCC. I rest my case.

Oh, my apologies - the village idiot couldn't work out what I meant because of an incorrect acronym... Anybody else would have realized what I meant, but you had to go and carry on, making a big scene of it.

Grow up.

Correction "for idiots in the room": My altitude is only restricted based on the FCC standards used by my controller, which means that I am able to rise to the same height as those in America, despite being in Australia.
2020-6-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Gregory.Opera Posted at 6-6 22:49
Oh, my apologies - the village idiot couldn't work out what I meant because of an incorrect acronym... Anybody else would have realized what I meant, but you had to go and carry on, making a big scene of it.

Grow up.

You just keep digging your hole deeper: 'My altitude is only restricted based on the FCC standards used by my controller, which means that I am able to rise to the same height as those in America, despite being in Australia."

Your altitude is NOT restricted based on the FCC standards used in the controller, it has nothing to do with the controller, nor the FCC. The aircraft determines the altitude you can access, ind it is based on the geographical position of the aircraft. It knows it is in Australia and modifies the levels accordingly.

2020-6-7
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-7 14:08
You just keep digging your hole deeper: 'My altitude is only restricted based on the FCC standards used by my controller, which means that I am able to rise to the same height as those in America, despite being in Australia."

Your altitude is NOT restricted based on the FCC standards used in the controller, it has nothing to do with the controller, nor the FCC. The aircraft determines the altitude you can access, ind it is based on the geographical position of the aircraft. It knows it is in Australia and modifies the levels accordingly.

You sir, are a bonafide idiot.

It's primarily three things determine the maximum altitude and range of a drone:
  • Physical characteristics of the drone itself (i.e. the the power of the motor, the size of the propellers, the capacity of the battery, etc...);
  • Transmission power (i.e. how far the signal can be sent / received to and from the controller);
  • And restrictions (software or hardware based).

As previously indicated, the controller for the Mavic Mini sold in Australia is based on FCC standards (this was confirmed by DJI in an e-mail to me, and I have tested this in a remote area) - so this is where the "transmission power" factor comes in, and it limits how strong the radio signal going to and from the controller is... Your drone might be able to fly 100KMs down the road - but if your controller doesn't have the power to send and receive signals at such a distance, your drone is just going to turn around and come on "home".

I would have thought the other factors were obvious too... But apparently your knowledge of drones is, how shall I put it? Rather lacking.

Basically, more power motors, bigger propellers and other physical characteristics play a role in the capabilities of one's drone... You're not going to be able to fly a drone into space for example, because consumer drones simply do not have the physical characteristics to do this.

When it comes to restrictions, as far as we know DJI only uses software-based restrictions - the "Fly Safe" database is one such example (though not the only one), and DJI use this to "restrict" your drone (e.g. a limit of whether you can fly, how high you can fly, etc...) in certain areas.

Sighs.

But I'm done with your trolling.

I would have thought that someone who has spent as much time in these forums as yourself would have at least a basic understanding of how drones work... Apparently this is not the case and given your continuous stream of snide commentary, I'm not about to devote any more of my precious time to educating you.
2020-6-7
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

All DJI can be done by https://drone-hacks.com/
It's a new player in the scene

2020-6-7
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 6-7 22:44
[view_image]

All DJI can be done by https://drone-hacks.com/

Wow, that site is promising some pretty big boosts to the signal!

I'm not brave enough to muck around with it just yet, but maybe when I get my hands on a second drone, I might have a play and see how this works...

If anyone else is brave enough to try this though, be sure to let us know how you went.
2020-6-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Gregory.Opera Posted at 6-7 22:28
You sir, are a bonafide idiot.

It's primarily three things determine the maximum altitude and range of a drone:

Yeah, I am done with you too, you don't have a clue about how the settings are done, or what organisation is responsible for them. The discussion here has nothing to do with the physical capabilities of the drone, with regard to its maximum operation ceiling, so why are you flapping your gums on that subject?

It is about how the system sets the power output and local flying rules. The answer is quite simple, when delivered to you, the only way the system sets those rules is to look at what country it is in when it is switched on, and it does that through the GPS receiver in the aircraft. As a result, the RC unit, which has no GPS receiver, is told what the applicable rules are.

And finally, just because I don't agree with you does not mean I am a troll, what a juvenile response. The reason you got a serve from me is because I am sick of dumb people coming here and giving half-arsed advice to people.
2020-6-8
Use props
almogpro
New
Flight distance : 18412 ft
Israel

thanks you
2020-6-13
Use props
kentzuu
New

China

thanks man
2020-6-22
Use props
fans18992d4c
lvl.2
China

thE29 Posted at 5-2 02:27
Which doesnt help at all, as the CE version lacks the FCC modul.

It helps FCC people, to use the FCC range in CE contries.

I'm using fpv system on my drone. so if my fpv system is CE model, it wouldn't give me FCC range even if I hacked it for FCC mode? I need to confirm this because I did hack it, and I got 8ch available but the range doesn't seem to be right.
2020-7-6
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Few times I even can't take off without fakegpsing my Mini. If one day DJI will restrict to switch to FCC in CE countries my Mini become piece of garbage because it fly not far when 50-100m in 2.4. Hope DJI will never do this because otherwise I have to switch to another brand...
2020-7-9
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Austria

fans18992d4c Posted at 7-6 09:01
I'm using fpv system on my drone. so if my fpv system is CE model, it wouldn't give me FCC range even if I hacked it for FCC mode? I need to confirm this because I did hack it, and I got 8ch available but the range doesn't seem to be right.

You get a better range with the FCC hack and CE hardware. But nowhere near the FCC range. The remote is missing a hardware module.
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_LbTGYWjamgyW
New
Flight distance : 672959 ft
Hong Kong

Thx for sharing
2020-11-3
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I've been using the FCC modded app for iOS for a few months now for both the Mini 1 and the Air 2, it  really makes a difference. I just found this thread by mistake and it's amazing the prices I'm seeing here, 150$/year?! I just payed around 20€ for one full year with included apple signed certificate *and* free updates for that year, what gives?
2020-11-27
Use props
Darth Ioannis
New
Flight distance : 12776 ft

Greece

Is it still possible to do it in iOS without JB?
2020-12-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules