Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poll - Sudden dropouts after v01.00.0500
2231 21 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

Hello guys,  
I wanted to create a poll for how many of you guys faced sudden dropouts while flying, after v01.00.0500 update. If you follow the forum, you should be aware of this big issue. I wonder if this issue was fixed.  
Edit: Sudden dropout = Significant Uncommanded Decent

Cheers!

Single SelectVote, Total 100 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-5-1
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

this poll needs to happen a month from now.;)
2020-5-1
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Haven't experienced drops with latest fw.
2020-5-1
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

virtual Posted at 5-1 10:22
Haven't experienced drops with latest fw.

I'm happy for you, hope never experience such thing.
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_EKwXLcngnkw6
lvl.1

United States

Yes! I crashes my drone because of it! The controller wasn't responding and all of a sudden the aircraft tilted forward and slammed right into the side of my deck.
2020-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_EKwXLcngnkw6 Posted at 5-2 09:30
Yes! I crashes my drone because of it! The controller wasn't responding and all of a sudden the aircraft tilted forward and slammed right into the side of my deck.

Different thing altogether do you have flight log ?
2020-5-2
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Burak C. Posted at 5-2 09:22
I'm happy for you, hope never experience such thing.

Actualy I already had uncommanded drop but no incident with latest fw...
2020-5-3
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

What do you mean by "sudden dropout"?  Uncommanded descent or something else?
2020-5-3
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54183 ft
Indonesia

no experience on sudden descent, but had a problems with compass calibration.

took my MM flight this morning, had a landing then on my phone screen appear a compass calibration warning.
why ? just why ? i dont even touch my MM
2020-5-3
Use props
fansa2b7a9bc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

ichan.id Posted at 5-3 10:23
no experience on sudden descent, but had a problems with compass calibration.

took my MM flight this morning, had a landing then on my phone screen appear a compass calibration warning.

Compass calibration is triggered by a compass interference. The interference can be from a wood plank with metal nails or concrete slab where the MM is placed. I avoid compass interference doing hand launching and hand landing.
2020-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ichan.id Posted at 5-3 10:23
no experience on sudden descent, but had a problems with compass calibration.

took my MM flight this morning, had a landing then on my phone screen appear a compass calibration warning.

Post a photo.
2020-5-3
Use props
fansa2b7a9bc
lvl.4
Portugal

I haven't experienced uncommanded descents prior to FW .0500. However, I had a lot of Max power warnings that were stopped by refreshing FW .0400 using the DJI Assistant 2.

After this I only had one warning with a Wind warning. After updating to FW .0500 using the DJI Assistant 2, I tested indoor with prop guards and I had multiple max power warnings but no motor error. I tested yesterday outdoor on the backyard, due to be close to building only flew in C mode without any warning. Today I went to fly at the Park where I usually fly and tested in sport mode with sharp curves and max stick forward. Tested with two batteries and no warnings (max power or motor error) are shown on the Air Data analysis.
2020-5-3
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

i actually wanted to post a topic asking if anybody else noticed an improvement in the transmission range. It seems to me it got better with .05. I frequently fly my drone around my house and I have some very specific places that I go to (I'm following the progress of a building being raised up) and it seems to have gotten much better since the update. I'm flying the FCC model.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 5-4 05:07
i actually wanted to post a topic asking if anybody else noticed an improvement in the transmission range. It seems to me it got better with .05. I frequently fly my drone around my house and I have some very specific places that I go to (I'm following the progress of a building being raised up) and it seems to have gotten much better since the update. I'm flying the FCC model.

There is a marked difference particularly with stability and sport mode seems a bit smoother .
2020-5-4
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

Art Vandelay Posted at 5-3 07:27
What do you mean by "sudden dropout"?  Uncommanded descent or something else?

Yes, I mean uncommanded decent. Some users had the issue while flying drone was slowly loosing altitude for no reason. Some lost their drone while flying above water
2020-5-4
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

I lose my first MM. With second one I flew only 3 times, too wind to try, but I'm always afraid.
2020-5-5
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Portugal

Burak C. Posted at 5-4 09:58
Yes, I mean uncommanded decent. Some users had the issue while flying drone was slowly loosing altitude for no reason. Some lost their drone while flying above water

Flying low over water the VIO system will kick in over GPS and if it can't recognize the water surface it will descend and eventually hit the water surface.
2020-5-5
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

amferreira Posted at 5-5 11:42
Flying low over water the VIO system will kick in over GPS and if it can't recognize the water surface it will descend and eventually hit the water surface.

Yes, you are right but it also happens over the non-reflective surfaces like on grass, road etc.
2020-5-6
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I did the firmware update before the first flight, and did not have a problem, but I only done about  6 flights so far. I did the update via the computer, not with the phone app. I updated the remote and the batteries.
2020-6-10
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

The new fw flies like a dream, unless your drone hardware is faulty, say people bend their props by misfolding them despite obvious instructions in the case.
2020-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s over a month now and it seems new FW made a big difference, it’s strange that those convinced this problem was fully down to props have been absent from this thread .
2020-6-11
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 6-11 10:13
It’s over a month now and it seems new FW made a big difference, it’s strange that those convinced this problem was fully down to props have been absent from this thread .

Yes, agree with you. Problems and crashed are really decreased in the mm forum also. Hope goes like this.
2020-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules