Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Lag after FW Update (explained)
1890 6 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I experienced massive video lag on my Nexus II tablet after the FW update.  I had updated the FW, calibrated the IMU and Gimbal and Compass, and on the first test flight there was massive lag and stuttering of the video feed.  No signal problems.

The issue was the Nexus got very hot for some reason in the process and it was overheating.  Once I let the whole thing cool down, and flew again everything was normal.  I believe the CPU/GPU in the tablet was overheating causing a massive hit in performance.

Anyways once it all cooled down everything was back to normal.

-Roger Uzun

2015-6-15
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

It's the piss poor Firmware Programming!!  There are a number of different ways to write code to work with in the AOS that uses the hardware efficiently, if the programmer is sloppy with there code writing, then you will get different variables and inefficient execution of the program, and it will tax the hardware. Taxing the hardware can cuse heat Issues. Now, the AOS written by Googles team has to be compatible with a number of different Android hardware cofigurations, (Differnt Phone and Tablet Vendors)
Apple comes from a different approach, It's their iOS, and it's their Hardware,.  So they can really make the hardware sing, because the programming is a lot tighter, in regards to being efficient and Not having to accomidate so many different Vendors Hardware Architechture.

There are trade off's for both Platforms, Control Verse's Flexibility, and a better choice of different hardware levels. I think DJI's probly got some very young, and cheaply paid programmer's that are cuitting there teeth on Both Apple and Android Platforms, and we are paying the price for that. I grew up in the Tech business, there is a lot of pressure getting a product to market, But considering DJI's Past Experience, and the infusion of Cash they have recieved, there is No excuse for this Poor Unfinished product, Now they have just created an additional pressure on themselves, I'm sure they will figure it out, But I'm feeling the pressure my self, as I'm paying for this Phantom 3, and it is not giving me the return they promised!

It's looking like the Refund Drum is starting to play!
2015-6-15
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

leon Posted at 2015-6-16 13:09
It's the piss poor Firmware Programming!!  There are a number of different ways to write code to wor ...

Leon. Step away from the computer and take a chill pill. You are not helping with all your belligerent posts.
2015-6-15
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-16 13:19
Leon. Step away from the computer and take a chill pill. You are not helping with all your belliger ...

Neither is DJI!!
2015-6-15
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

This is a very serious problem.  It occurs even if you just fly the aircraft.  The android device quickly overheats and slows down to a slide show or locks up totally.  I've tried the new firmware with my Nexus II and my Samsung Galaxy S5.  I never had these issues with older firmware.  The new firmware 1.2.6 on my Phantom 3 pro causes ALL my android devices to overheat badly within a couple of minutes.

Can I safely revert back to version 1.1.9?  I still have the 1.1.9 zip files.

2015-6-16
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

I was able to correct the problem by uninstalling Google Play Services on my Nexus 7 II tablet.  The DJI pilot app is so close to overheating any android device I've tried it on that any change to the background tasks like google play services, or the firmware and its data feed to the app, that you can run into overheating issues at a moments notice.

For now I'm keeping Google Play Services OFF this tablet.  It's back to running normal, the tablet still gets really hot but it doesnt get so hot that it affects performance.
2015-6-16
Use props
sveilien
lvl.2

United States

ok here is my take on it. I upgraded from 1. 1.8 into 1.2. 7 today. I have a galaxy note 4 and the Galaxy Tab 4 7 inch.now whenever I use my note 4, live video is very smooth and seems to work pretty well. When I use my tab 4 on the other Hand the live feed,  while not lagging, pauses every 2 seconds like clockwork, so it has that stutter. What I noticed was when I went to my task manager on my tab 4, it showed my process usage at about 40 percent and it was highlighted in red. However on my note 4 ,it used about 33% of the processor and was not highlighted in red. So this is obviously something to do with the app having to process the information. At least that is what it appears to be in my case.
2015-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules