Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini landing on 30 ft high tree stump
993 11 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

My first posting.  I suppose that I should have edited it, but am kind of proud.  Behind my property is an old oak tree that was cut down so it would not fall on power lines. But they stopped cutting it when they reached about 30 feet in height.  There are two big branches that are cut and one of them is a nice helipad.  There are also lots of tree branches all around it. This is a video that I recorded today.
2020-5-1
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats one big stump!
2020-5-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool . I subbed you're channell, heres'e mine.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCafytSDKNZGQkr4ZvE7MMWQ
2020-5-2
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Awesome! Cool to see, thanks for sharing
2020-5-2
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Talk about suspense!

I don't think I would have gone for it, Charlie Brown. Too many drone-eating-trees.
2020-5-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video and some impressive flying
2020-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel.
Mine is http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
2020-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice flying.  
2020-5-4
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Tentoes Posted at 5-2 08:08
Talk about suspense!

I don't think I would have gone for it, Charlie Brown. Too many drone-eating-trees.

Actually the third time that I did it.  First time with Spark and should have pointed camera down to see that I was not far enough over the stump, so it fell off.  That was a year ago.  Second time was a very short time ago and it looked better (smoother), but forgot to stop recording and it was lost.  This time there must have been some wind that I was not aware of until it was almost time to land.  Still, it went pretty well.  If you notice, when taking off it moved fairly quickly backwards.  I don't think that was me, although I did not want it to pop up into that tree branch.  Yeah, the wavering just before landing does give some added suspense, almost as if it were intentional (but it wasn't).
2020-5-5
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

JohnK48 Posted at 5-5 17:20
Actually the third time that I did it.  First time with Spark and should have pointed camera down to see that I was not far enough over the stump, so it fell off.  That was a year ago.  Second time was a very short time ago and it looked better (smoother), but forgot to stop recording and it was lost.  This time there must have been some wind that I was not aware of until it was almost time to land.  Still, it went pretty well.  If you notice, when taking off it moved fairly quickly backwards.  I don't think that was me, although I did not want it to pop up into that tree branch.  Yeah, the wavering just before landing does give some added suspense, almost as if it were intentional (but it wasn't).

Oh. If you accidentally shut the drone off before stopping the recording and get messed up file, just put the SD card back in and turn the drone on for a minute or so. It will often find the unclosed file and fix it for you.
2020-5-6
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Pretty brave!
2020-5-6
Use props
A J
Captain