Cache the map not possible since last update (Solved)
969 3 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

EDIT: Solved ,  see Post #4

So,  With  Iphone 6  and  Last FW update  (No problem with the previous Fly app FW)
I tried I think everything possible in Iphone setting,  DJI Iphone settings,     Google map Iphone setting  but not able to cache the map.

Screen in camera view,
full screen the map,           Browsing around,          then,     Wifi connection OFF
Iphone OFF
Iphone ON          Fly app   etc  etc      so,   no more local map offline.
I must reconnect Wifi each time  etc   etc

Somebody  had this problem    and   found  solution ??

2020-5-1
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

DJI Fly has never used Google Maps on iOS.  You need to use Apple Maps, not Google maps.  And why do you turn the phone off?  You need to keep it on and keep the Maps app running in the background when you use DJI Fly.

Caching works the same as before.

2020-5-1
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

The Duck Posted at 5-1 18:14
DJI Fly has never used Google Maps on iOS.  You need to use Apple Maps, not Google maps.  And why do you turn the phone off?  You need to keep it on and keep the Maps app running in the background when you use DJI Fly.

Thanks for the reply.

I turned Iphone off for restart the hole things.

I appreciate your information, I will check that.

Thanks again !  Much much appreciated !
2020-5-1
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

The Duck Posted at 5-1 18:14

I was wrong, I thought it was Google Map but no, I did not know that the iPhone's map was a native application.

It's working fine now. Before last Fly app update 1.1.0, everything was fine even without Apple's map not working background.

Finally, I ended up having the map on the Fly app camera display's screen with Wifi OFF and again, no need to have the Iphone's map in the background and it works. The trick for me is to go back to the Fly app  first screen and then return to the camera view.

Cheers !
2020-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules