Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI charged $325 for a repair covered under CR+, refuses to refund
1157 15 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Straker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8431946 ft
United States

4/8/20 My drone hit a power line then the pavement. At the same time as I was dealing with that, my remote and Ipad went missing, so no flight record. This is Care Refresh+ replacement drone #1 from a dip in the ocean last June, CR was purchased last April, expired on 4/17/20. The replacement drone I got in June had a flyaway incident in October and was replaced N/C under the DJI warranty, so it did not count against the replacement count. The replacement drone I received was supposed to automatically have it's ser# activated in care refresh, according to the FAQ's. So, the drone that hit the powerline last month was this replacement.
I filed a claim CAS-4164967-X8D2P9, explained when I filed the case that there would be no flight record available. After a bit of back and forth they sent me a bill for the repair, and like an idiot I paid it.
On Tuesday 4/28 I called DJI in LA and spoke to someone who went through all the transactions and correspondence, including the email I have from a DJI associate that confirms my drone ser# was valid and active and had one replacement left. He apologized and told me that I should not have been charged for the repair. He said he would see what he could do about refunding the repair payment and collecting the $65 replacement fee this should have cost.

Friday 5/1 I called DJI in LA again. The person I spoke to did not seem to understand that I was charged incorrectly and required a refund. The only thing he could say was "we don't give refunds on repairs" and promised me his supervisor would call me to straighten things out. He never called.
Later the same day my "repaired" drone was delivered. It's not the same drone. I paid $325 for repairs and they send me a replacement unit? OK
Since I paid $325 for repairs it should not be counted as a $65 replacement, right?
Wrong. DJI classified the repair I paid full price for as strike 2 against my care refresh, therefore rendering it's serial number INELIGIBLE for CR. I found this out when I tried to purchase CR today.
DJI charged me $325 to repair a unit covered under the CR+ service plan
DJI then classified the repair as a CR+ replacement, and refuses to refund the repair money.
DJI will not let me purchase DJI CR+ due to their error.

I'm ready to sell the drone and be done with DJI

2020-5-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Straker, you are terribly sorry to read your unpleasant experience with our customer service, please note per DJI after-sales policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired, therefore you received the replacement drone instead of the repaired drone.
For the mistake of charging you the repair cost rather than using the replacement fee of the DJI Care Refresh, we will escalate your feedback to the higher-level team for further investigation. Our supervisor will contact you soon after making it clear, appreciate your patience and sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-2
Use props
Straker
lvl.2
United States

I can see that there will be zero chance of getting a refund since it's apparently a bureaucratic impossibility. If they refuse to refund the repair, it should not count as a CR+ strike and I should be able to renew my DJI CR+, correct?
2020-5-2
Use props
Straker
lvl.2
United States

I just activated the unit, it offered me DJI care refresh then told me at the end of ther transaction that this is not eligible because it's under another DJI Care refresh contract.

Please explain to me why I can't have a refund on the repair? I'll settle for a Credit at the store for when this one crashes and I upgrade to the Air 2.
2020-5-2
Use props
Jsmith2141
lvl.1
United States

I dont blame you at all.  I am very frustrated with the run around I get from DJI
2020-5-2
Use props
Jsmith2141
lvl.1
United States

I am very frustrated with DJI.  Nobody gives a straight answer!
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_VdHSsKhwSHXc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3779393 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Ho fatto ultimo aggiornamento  per mini mavic e da allora il drone si disconnette  in contuazione..potete risolvere questo problema che mi sembra abbastanza serio?
2020-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Straker Posted at 5-2 15:21
I just activated the unit, it offered me DJI care refresh then told me at the end of ther transaction that this is not eligible because it's under another DJI Care refresh contract.

Please explain to me why I can't have a refund on the repair? I'll settle for a Credit at the store for when this one crashes and I upgrade to the Air 2.

Your concern has been escalated to the higher-level team for better follow-up, we will have someone to contact you after the investigation, hope your concern will be solved soon, please wait patiently, thank you very much.
2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jsmith2141 Posted at 5-2 16:47
I am very frustrated with DJI.  Nobody gives a straight answer!

Hi Jsmith2141, we 've replied to your own thread, please keep us updated there, we will keep following up, thanks.
2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_VdHSsKhwSHXc Posted at 5-3 12:18
Ho fatto ultimo aggiornamento  per mini mavic e da allora il drone si disconnette  in contuazione..potete risolvere questo problema che mi sembra abbastanza serio?

Hi there, sorry for the trouble with the drone, we tried to translate your language via Google but still cannot get what the drone is disconnected with? Could you please help clarify?
2020-5-4
Use props
Straker
lvl.2
United States

The supervisor just called me to tell me sorry, we are screwing you out of $325 AND we're not letting you purchase care refresh.

Okay Mindy, this is a great company you work for
2020-5-4
Use props
Straker
lvl.2
United States

Today I initiated a dispute with my payment company for $324.66
Thanks for telling me "we made a mistake in charging you for the repair, but the fault is yours for paying the bill. We do not issue refunds in repairs"
2020-5-4
Use props
Straker
lvl.2
United States

Just to be clear, the reason they initially treated my repair as a standard repair is because when they sent me the new drone last November they were SUPPOSED to transfer my care to the new unit, which they failed to do. THIS WHOLE PROBLEM STARTED WITH DJI NOT TRANSFERRING THE SERIAL NUMBER LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO DO.
When I sent in for a repair I was assuming it would count as a strike against my DJI care and it would not be available for this drone any more. I sent the drone in 4/10, my care expired 4/17. I did not learn that this drone was being repaired without the Care refresh plan until AFTER the care expired and the window to repurchase had closed. I did not learn that I needed to purchase care for the new drone until AFTER I was allowed to do so.

2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Straker Posted at 5-4 11:44
Just to be clear, the reason they initially treated my repair as a standard repair is because when they sent me the new drone last November they were SUPPOSED to transfer my care to the new unit, which they failed to do. THIS WHOLE PROBLEM STARTED WITH DJI NOT TRANSFERRING THE SERIAL NUMBER LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO DO.
When I sent in for a repair I was assuming it would count as a strike against my DJI care and it would not be available for this drone any more. I sent the drone in 4/10, my care expired 4/17. I did not learn that this drone was being repaired without the Care refresh plan until AFTER the care expired and the window to repurchase had closed. I did not learn that I needed to purchase care for the new drone until AFTER I was allowed to do so.

Our supervisor is still investigating your case and if there is any progress, they will contact you immediately, we will also keep an eye on it. Please sit tight for further communication. Thanks.
2020-5-4
Use props
Straker
lvl.2
United States

Update- after hearing 5 different "supervisors" insist it was impossible to refund a repair, I took the next logical step and contested the charge on my paypal account. Lo and behold, DJI Repair Services discovered a way to issue me a refund after paypal froze the transaction.

Thanks, I think.

2020-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Straker Posted at 5-12 23:01
Update- after hearing 5 different "supervisors" insist it was impossible to refund a repair, I took the next logical step and contested the charge on my paypal account. Lo and behold, DJI Repair Services discovered a way to issue me a refund after paypal froze the transaction.

Thanks, I think.

Good to know the repair cost has been refunded, please keep us updated if there is anything else we can help.
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules