Recovering Corrupt File - nothing is working
1191 6 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aaronmcfly
lvl.1

Canada

I've tried the software made in this forum, I've had the card in another inspire multiple times and I can even play the file from the app but its always just black. Is there any other ways to try and correct a corrupt video file that never 'completed'?

Thanks
2015-6-15
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Repair corrupted files
feedback.gif

2015-6-15
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

You're going to need to be much more specific.

Do you mean:

1. You have a series of videos but the last one won't play in the computer?

2. When you play from a computer ALL videos come up as just black but will play in the Inspire?

3. Videos won't play on a computer or in the Inspire other than black frames?

4. Something completely different?

Can't quite latch onto to the actual issue here but happy to help if you can be more specific.
2015-6-15
Use props
aaronmcfly
lvl.1

Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-16 09:48
You're going to need to be much more specific.

Do you mean:

I have one specific video that was never 'completed'. I can see there is data there but both in the inspire and on my computer (vlc) it does not play. Dundee, I'm on a mac so that link doesn't help me, but thank you. I've tried the software i found in this forum using Terminal but it doesn't allow me to fix files that were shot in 1080p/50.
2015-6-15
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

aaronmcfly Posted at 2015-6-16 11:48
I have one specific video that was never 'completed'. I can see there is data there but both in th ...

That often means that you shut the Inspire down while it was recording.

Put the SD back in the Inspire, record a new clip and that should repair the faulty one by putting a proper end in the file system.
2015-6-15
Use props
aaronmcfly
lvl.1

Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-16 13:14
That often means that you shut the Inspire down while it was recording.

Put the SD back in the I ...

It was shut down while recording. I've since used the card multiple times in a new inspire.
2015-6-16
Use props
aknauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 793041 ft
New Zealand

aaronmcfly Posted at 2015-6-17 00:26
It was shut down while recording. I've since used the card multiple times in a new inspire.

Just had a major recording failure with a Lexar 633x 32GB card.

When I put the card into my PC for downloading the shots, it was not recognized at all - like an unformatted card. While shooting I was using the replay function of the camera to check - all was fine.
I tried several recover programs, and one showed all the *.thm files of the shoot but not the footage.

What got me out of trouble was Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download) free version after a deep scan.
This card has performed beautifully so far, and I'm not sure if it was the cause. The only thing I did in between shooting and now, was removing the card after power down and insert into Samsung tablet.
But I didn't watch on that device. I had cache recording on pilot and cam-op device enabled.

Has anyone experienced similar and found an answer?
2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules