Charging Drone Outside The Included Telesin Base?
1019 10 2020-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImESP
lvl.1

United States

Hello Folks,

Just got my Mavic Mini and loving it so far but I am frustrated with the charging options - maybe I am missing something?  

I bought the Mavic Mini package from Costco which includes the Telesin Charging base.  When I look at the back of my drone I see a unique connector which only seems compatible with the base - I can't simply use a USB cord to charge directly from a wall outlet to the drone.   

Am I missing something - can I only charge the drone through the base...?  
2020-5-2
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Just a standard Micro USB upside down.

2020-5-2
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take off the connector, it will unplug, it's there just for the base, a normal usb port will be revealed on the drone.  
2020-5-2
Use props
ImESP
lvl.1

United States

Ok   I thought that seems to be the case but I have pulled pretty hard on it and it doesn't budge.    I can (carefully) take some pillars to it to get it off I guess.....   
2020-5-2
Use props
ImESP
lvl.1

United States

Yes.  That worked.  Always looked odd but wasn't able to budge it with my fingers and didn't want to break anything.   
Gave it a good pull with some pillars and it comes off
You would think it would simply be permanently installed on the base and not come off/attach to the drone so forcefully....
Anyway, thank you again.  
2020-5-3
Use props
Claudiocorp
New

Chile

Hola, quisiera saber si existe restricción de tiempo en que el Dron debe estar recibiendo carga desde esta base pues lo tengo conectado y permanentemente están encendidas las luces indicadoras de carga. ¿Se daña la batería al permanecer energizada constantemente?
Gracias.

Hello, I would like to know if there is a time restriction in which the drone must be receiving charge from this base because I have it connected and the charge indicator lights are permanently on. Is the battery damaged by being constantly energized?
Thanks.
2022-3-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I know storing at constant full voltage is not good for these batteries.
2022-3-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Claudiocorp Posted at 3-12 08:15
Hola, quisiera saber si existe restricción de tiempo en que el Dron debe estar recibiendo carga desde esta base pues lo tengo conectado y permanentemente están encendidas las luces indicadoras de carga. ¿Se daña la batería al permanecer energizada constantemente?
Gracias.

the battery is not damaged from being constantly energized.
2022-3-13
Use props
Claudiocorp
New

Chile

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-12 08:24
As far as I know storing at constant full voltage is not good for these batteries.

Entonces es dañino...

So it's harmful...
2022-3-14
Use props
Claudiocorp
New

Chile

The Saint Posted at 3-13 11:01
the battery is not damaged from being constantly energized.

Entonces no es dañino...

So it's not harmful...
2022-3-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/

https://www.mavichelp.com/Tips/h ... -drone-batteries.43

2022-3-14