Gimbal side to side movement error
1967 6 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smittyvette
lvl.2

United States

Anyone else have their gimbal seem to correct itself in the opposite direction when you go side to side.  The Phantom cocks slightly in a side move and the gimbal use to corect for that to keep it looking level.....now it seems to be doing the opposite of what it should be doing so the camera slants in side to side movements.  Forward and backward will still work ok.  I have tried all of the calibrations and it still is doing this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2015-6-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Change mode between FPV and Follow?

Gimbal (FPV/Follow) :

Flight Mode icon => Gimbal icon => Gimbal Mode (choose FPV or Follow)

Thigh bone connected to the leg bone - seriously:
Just in case you haven't seen much of this in the manual,
the Flight Mode icon is upper left (next to the little house).
When the next window opens, the icon that's next to the last down
the left side (it looks like a gimbal with a camera attached) is
for the gimbal settings.
Tap on that and then choose your desired mode.

If this doesn't help then I'm out of ammo!

2015-6-15
Use props
smittyvette
lvl.2

United States

Here is a picture.
Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 5.30.51 PM.png
2015-6-15
Use props
smittyvette
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-16 06:37
Change mode between FPV and Follow?

Gimbal (FPV/Follow) :

Thanks.....I have not tried that yet, but what is weird is it didn't use to do that.  I was hoping update would help....but nope.
2015-6-15
Use props
smittyvette
lvl.2

United States

UPDATE.....I figured it out.  Vision Positioning option was turned on.  I do not remember clicking on that, but at least I am back to normal.  Maybe this will help some others.  Thanks aburkefl......you gave me ideas to look for and I found that.

Happy Flying!!
2015-6-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

smittyvette@hot Posted at 2015-6-16 06:44
Thanks.....I have not tried that yet, but what is weird is it didn't use to do that.  I was hoping ...

Well, I'm probably not any more expert than you - that doesn't look good. i don't think I've ever seen a view like that in either FPV or Follow.

Maybe instead of my previous advice (or in addition to) calibrate the gimbal.
On my version (Android) of the pilot app, don't be dismayed when you get to the gimbal sub-menu and start the calibration. It doesn't provide any indication it's calibrating. But, after a few seconds delay, it will come back with a notification that the calibration has been done.

If it still doesn't work - I was going to write something both snappy and nasty about DJI support, but I'll let the opportunity slide by!
2015-6-15
Use props
smittyvette
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-16 07:01
Well, I'm probably not any more expert than you - that doesn't look good. i don't think I've ever  ...

lol....I don't think I am anywhere close to expert level yet.  I usually know that operator error is to blame for most things that go wrong.  I had my Phantom 2 down pretty good.....now just learning all over again, but that is half the fun in my opinion.  But I do enjoy the support (for the most part) of these forums.  
2015-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules