o(^-^)o
OscarM
lvl.1
Canada

Hello DJI FPV pilots

I am using the latest firmware in both the Air Unit and Goggles. (v
)
The Air Unit is used for my FPV Car.  
I have GPS module setup to the FC. (Matek GPS & Compass M8Q-5883 and Matek Flight Controller)
The FC is running the BetaFlight 4

I can see the GPS speed, Alt. Long. changes when the vehcile is moving but the home point direction and home point distance does not move (always pointing down and zero meter)
I do see from my goggles that I have 11 satallites and have let it sat for over 10 mins idle to make sure its lock
Apart from displaying GPS thru the OSD, the FC is turn off in accelerometer.  I don't use to arm the throttle.  The RC car has it's own R/X, ESC.  The FPV setup is pretty standalone.
I also change the setting to 'set gps_rescue_allow_arming_without_fix=on'

Please advise what other setting I need to change in BF in order to get the home point direction and home point distance enable?

Thank you,
Oscar

2020-5-2
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Check you have RX soldered to TX and TX soldered to RX. It's easy to get them reversed.
2020-5-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you’re getting telemetry then your RC/TC is probably right, Betaflight is not the best at Home point stuff you may be better off with iNav for that if your FC supports it.
2020-5-3
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Have a look here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 637&pid=2143075
2020-5-3
Use props
OscarM
lvl.1
Canada

Giammi Posted at 5-3 23:29
Have a look here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=212637&pid=2143075

Thank you everyone for your input.

I tried all the suggestions and validation.  But I still not able to get Distance from Home and Home Direction working in Betaflight.

So, I flashed the FC to iNav 2.4  and give a try.

Just like Betaflight, I can see ground speed, Altitude and Longitude.  But still not able to see any movement from Home direction and Distance from Home.  

I select Rover as my profile and I don't connect my R/X to the FC.  I treat it as standalone.  FC is just for GPS module plug-in

I have 12+ satellites and I waited 10 minutes before it starts.

What else am I missing?

Thank you
Oscar

2020-5-10
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Flew a bunch of lipos on both my 5in and 6in builds and didn't see any issue there. 7 sats locked. Try to arm and disarm a couple of times before taking off. I've read somewhere here that for someone it worked.
2020-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules