Wild Ocean - May 1, 2020 in Montauk NY shot on Mavic Mini*
531 25 2020-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1929918 ft
United States

The waves had to be 8-9 foot high yesterday. The sound was as amazing as  the sight. The ground was literally rumbling under your feet from the  impact of the waves.  Next time I'm going to try to get up the nerve to fly in much closer to the breaking waves!!

* except for time-lapse clip

2020-5-2
Use props
Drone668
lvl.3
United States

Those waves look great! Nice flying!
2020-5-2
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

Drone668 Posted at 5-2 10:57
Those waves look great! Nice flying!

Thank you!! and thanks for watching!
2020-5-2
Use props
Drone668
lvl.3
United States

2020-5-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2020-5-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage.  Ocean was definitely churning it up.  Thanks so much for sharing.
2020-5-2
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 16:24
Awesome footage.  Ocean was definitely churning it up.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks for watching guys!
2020-5-2
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heard of strange goings on at Mantauk.
2020-5-2
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

Vlas Posted at 5-2 21:00
Heard of strange goings on at Mantauk.

Are you referring to to the discovery of the Montauk Monster washed up on the beach a few years ago??? or the Montauk Project, which apparently involved experiments in things ranging from alien abduction, to time travel and teleportation, to giving people super human abilities and mind control?? Or was there something else I didn't hear about yet!?!!? LOL

Honestly, its not surprising the stories that swirl around if you've ever seen the remnants of the vast underground military installations in Camp Hero and the WWII "bunker houses" dotting the landscape in town.  You'll be walking along and all of a sudden, there's a hatch that goes into the ground... seemingly in the middle of nowhere. It's kinda freaky.  I'm really hoping to secure permission to get into the State Park and get some CLOSE-UP drone video of the gun emplacements, bunkers and old RADAR tower at some point soon. That should be COOL!!
2020-5-3
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

MontaukDrone Posted at 5-3 02:23
Are you referring to to the discovery of the Montauk Monster washed up on the beach a few years ago??? or the Montauk Project, which apparently involved experiments in things ranging from alien abduction, to time travel and teleportation, to giving people super human abilities and mind control?? Or was there something else I didn't hear about yet!?!!? LOL

Honestly, its not surprising the stories that swirl around if you've ever seen the remnants of the vast underground military installations in Camp Hero and the WWII "bunker houses" dotting the landscape in town.  You'll be walking along and all of a sudden, there's a hatch that goes into the ground... seemingly in the middle of nowhere. It's kinda freaky.  I'm really hoping to secure permission to get into the State Park and get some CLOSE-UP drone video of the gun emplacements, bunkers and old RADAR tower at some point soon. That should be COOL!!

Would love to see what you come up with.  Be mindful of the midcontrol stuff going on.
2020-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MontaukDrone Posted at 5-2 16:50
Thanks for watching guys!

You're most welcome.
2020-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MontaukDrone Posted at 5-3 02:23
Are you referring to to the discovery of the Montauk Monster washed up on the beach a few years ago??? or the Montauk Project, which apparently involved experiments in things ranging from alien abduction, to time travel and teleportation, to giving people super human abilities and mind control?? Or was there something else I didn't hear about yet!?!!? LOL

Really hope you are able to gain permission to film the gun emplacements, bunkers and old radar tower as they all sound very interesting to see.  Good luck.
2020-5-3
Use props
Drone668
lvl.3
United States

Wow must be interesting living at Montauk!
2020-5-3
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Cool shooting!
2020-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2020-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2020-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2020-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry for the triple post...
The forum was hanging.
2020-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    Mini handled the wind well.
2020-5-4
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-3 22:04
Sorry for the triple post...
The forum was hanging.

Thanks Montfrooij!
2020-5-4
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 00:56
Nicely done.    Mini handled the wind well.

Thanks man!! Yeah U R not kidding about it handling the wind!  Honestly, it was right at the threshold for how strong and gusty the wind was, for me to try fling over the water like that.  It is TRULY amazing how stable the footage was considering the conditions..  It is a REALLY impressive little piece of tech and so far a SOLID performer!!
2020-5-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2020-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MontaukDrone Posted at 5-4 01:59
Thanks man!! Yeah U R not kidding about it handling the wind!  Honestly, it was right at the threshold for how strong and gusty the wind was, for me to try fling over the water like that.  It is TRULY amazing how stable the footage was considering the conditions..  It is a REALLY impressive little piece of tech and so far a SOLID performer!!

2020-5-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool footage
2020-8-9
Use props
MontaukDrone
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 8-9 04:06
Very cool footage

Hey Thanks for watching all my vids A J!!
2020-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MontaukDrone Posted at 8-10 03:51
Hey Thanks for watching all my vids A J!!

My pleasure mate
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules