Does the multi-charger charge more than one
6564 8 2020-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

One of the frustrating things about the MA is that the multi-charger only charges one battery at a time.  My understanding is that if you plug three batteries into the MA multi-charger, it will determine which is fullest and top it off the go to the next, etc.  But in the end, it only charges one at a time.

Does the multi-charger for the MA2 actually charge all the batteries connected to it at the same time?

2020-5-2
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

the only DJI drone i have owned where the multi charger hub did all at once was the Spark. well also the Inspire 1 with a Hex charger but that thing was built like 6 chargers in one. the Phantom 3, MP1, MP2, MA, MM, all do the 1 at a time
2020-5-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

But make sure to see the topic about not using the multi charger for the first charge. Otherwise the battery may become a useless "brick".
2020-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

No, the battery charging hub of Mavic Air 2 still cannot charge three batteries at the same time, it enhances efficiency by charging batteries in sequence according to their remaining power level, with more fully-charged batteries receiving power first.
2020-5-3
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
United States

Thanks DJI Mindy - It just doesn't make much sense.  It certainly doesn't enhance efficiency - if so, how?  I know there is enough power in the charger to do all three at once.  As long as the batteries are at a correct temperature, why not charge them as soon as they're on the charger?  
2020-5-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

There were aftermarket chargers with the feature you want for the Mini 2 months after release. I think it may be the same for the A2.
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_P1YyR5GB5duP
New

United States

Can someone how this makes sense then if it doesn’t charge them all at the same time? Why is this useful then? I can just plug them in one by one and charge them lol. Dji really? We’re spending thousands and dji can’t make the charger charge them all at the same time? I can do that on my rc giant scale loop batteries so I guess dji could easily do this. They are not doing it tho why don’t know!
2020-9-30
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
United States

The only way the multi-charger is at all useful is to keep you from forgetting to swap batteries when they reach full charge.  I just plug them in one at a time.  There is no reason to shove this fairly useless multi-charger "stick" into the bag.
2020-10-3
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

BKahuna Posted at 5-3 19:35
Thanks DJI Mindy - It just doesn't make much sense.  It certainly doesn't enhance efficiency - if so, how?  I know there is enough power in the charger to do all three at once.  As long as the batteries are at a correct temperature, why not charge them as soon as they're on the charger?

I guess that tiny pins in connector (power supply to 3 battery plate) can not handle power for 3 batteries. I would like to see the storage mode included as well as simultaneous charging...
2020-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules