Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goobie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1466991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I have a smart controller that has been working fine for quite some time. I am pretty good at staying current with software, hardware and firmware updates.  For the past couple of months my Smart Controller has not been recognized by my Windows 10 computer.  As a bit of troubleshooting background, I have made sure that my computer is running the latest version of Windows 10, I have tried multiple different USB-C cables in multiple ports, I have tried 3 different computers with the latest version of Windows 10 and multiple cables and ports on them.   I thought perhaps the latest version of DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 would have some new drivers ( version 2.0.12 released 4-28-2020) but it did not help.  I have updated the smart controller via a wireless download to the latest firmware version a few days ago ver 1.00.0700 and updated the DJI go app to the latest version 4.3.36.

I am hoping there is a setting or simple solution that I am overlooking in order to get the smart controller recognized.  Any help is greatly appreciated.   Every time I plug it in to the computer and turn it on all I get is a message saying Current Charging Speed Slow.  Please use the charger that comes with the device for a faster charging speed.

Thank you in advance for the help.

GB
2020-5-2
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

have a look in device manager, portable devices. m500 and add it. on the SC choose the middle option, data or something like that
2020-5-2
Use props
Goobie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

raven swe Posted at 5-2 13:51
have a look in device manager, portable devices. m500 and add it. on the SC choose the middle option, data or something like that

Hi Raven,

Unfortunately it doesn't show up in Device Manager at any point.  I should have mentioned that earlier.  

When I plug it in to any computer I do not hear the sound associated with adding a USB device.

2020-5-2
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i have same problem and on <Mac book too it wont connect either now ..
2020-5-2
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Have you looked for "ghost" ports. Device Manager - show hidden devices
2020-5-2
Use props
Goobie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

EFRPIC Posted at 5-2 16:45
Have you looked for "ghost" ports. Device Manager - show hidden devices

EFRPIC,

No ghost ports or any sign of the device.  Even when I toggle show hidden devices.  

Thank you for your reply
2020-5-2
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

You could try uninstalling DJI Assistant for Mavic 2, then restart PC, then reinstall DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 (make sure you allow through the firewall) - worked for me.
2020-5-2
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem, gonna be following this topic for sure.
2020-5-2
Use props
Goobie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

PhantomPil Posted at 5-2 18:22
You could try uninstalling DJI Assistant for Mavic 2, then restart PC, then reinstall DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 (make sure you allow through the firewall) - worked for me.

PhantomPil,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that as well on two computers and it unfortunately didn't work.  

My gut feeling is since Windows isn't even seeing the device on multiple computers it is an issue with the device itself and not necessarily a software or Windows based problem.  

Thanks for the help.  I was hoping that would be the answer.  
2020-5-2
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Goobie Posted at 5-2 20:57
PhantomPil,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that as well on two computers and it unfortunately didn't work.  

Hi Goobie,
I have just connected SC to PC and Windows isn't seeing the SC now even though it was ok last time. There does seem to be something wrong so apologies for giving a potential solution that doesn't work!
2020-5-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi Goobie,

I'm afraid you have to search into the drivers of your USB ports first, before trying to connect to the Assistent 2.  Go into the device manager of your pc and check if there's an update for your Universal Serial Bus controllers. Be also aware that the SC has a USB-C port, which might conflict with USB 2 ports of your pc.
2020-5-3
Use props
Goobie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 5-3 07:32
Hi Goobie,

I'm afraid you have to search into the drivers of your USB ports first, before trying to connect to the Assistent 2.  Go into the device manager of your pc and check if there's an update for your Universal Serial Bus controllers. Be also aware that the SC has a USB-C port, which might conflict with USB 2 ports of your pc.

Hi John,

I should have mentioned that I already went into device manager and looked for potential updates to any of the USB controllers.  When I connect other DJI products to the computer such as my Mavic 2 Pro they are recognized by the computer and the DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 immediately which keeps making me think it is a problem with the controller itself.  

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

GB
2020-5-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

Goobie Posted at 5-3 09:37
Hi John,

I should have mentioned that I already went into device manager and looked for potential updates to any of the USB controllers.  When I connect other DJI products to the computer such as my Mavic 2 Pro they are recognized by the computer and the DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 immediately which keeps making me think it is a problem with the controller itself.  

Goobie,

that is a possibility too. Maybe you can ask one of your friends to see if it connects or not to one of their machines. You do not have to setup Assistent 2 on their machines. Just see if the SC gets recognized.

Not all USB controllers are the same. I had problems with certain large USB sticks that only worked on some of the ports of my machine.

Start with checking if the SC is recognized by a usb port. If that is not the case, it's useless to try the assistant2 programme. Try using the cable that came with the devise. I use a standard usb-c to usb-c cable.
2020-5-3
Use props
Goobie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 5-3 13:30
Goobie,

that is a possibility too. Maybe you can ask one of your friends to see if it connects or not to one of their machines. You do not have to setup Assistent 2 on their machines. Just see if the SC gets recognized.

Hi John,

I have been using the cable that came with the device and a couple other cables that came with other DJI products all with no results.  I have also plugged it into many different USB ports on my machine and 2 other Windows 10 computers.  Sadly with no results at all.  So frustrating,

I really do appreciate your efforts in helping me trouble shoot.  Hopefully a DJI admin will follow this thread and chime in as well.

GB
2020-5-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

Hi Goobie,

I'm using the latest Windows 10 version (10.0.18363.815) on a custom build pc, which has several types of usb-connectors. Tried out USB 2, USB 3 and USB-C connectors. All of them connects the SC. In the device manager I find a "DJI USB virtual COM" each time. I've installed the latest DJI Assistent 2.0.12 too. So, it's not the DJI assistent in combination with the latest Windows version.

In your first message, you say it has been working fine for some while. I presume that it has worked on the pc that you are testing now. Did anything changed at the moment the problem started. I mean, new version of anti-virus, ... ?  Maybe try to disable your anti-virus for a while and do a test.
If any other USB-devices are connected to your pc (any other port), disconnect them and just see if the SC wants to connect.

Check the port of the SC on damages.

The combination Windows 10 & Assistent v2.0.12 works fine. If none of the above give you any solution, you better contact the DJI service.

Hope you find a solution for your problem.

2020-5-3
Use props
Goobie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 5-3 22:30
Hi Goobie,

I'm using the latest Windows 10 version (10.0.18363.815) on a custom build pc, which has several types of usb-connectors. Tried out USB 2, USB 3 and USB-C connectors. All of them connects the SC. In the device manager I find a "DJI USB virtual COM" each time. I've installed the latest DJI Assistent 2.0.12 too. So, it's not the DJI assistent in combination with the latest Windows version.

Hi John ,

Sadly nothing has worked.  I disconnected everything and no luck.  There has been no changes in the computer at all (IE antivirus, firewall, etc).  

Looks like I will be calling tech support at some point.  I am still hoping one of the admins on here will have some insight.

Thanks so much for your help.

GB
2020-5-4
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Goobie Posted at 5-4 14:45
Hi John ,

Sadly nothing has worked.  I disconnected everything and no luck.  There has been no changes in the computer at all (IE antivirus, firewall, etc).  

Please let us, me know if you ever find a solution. I'm having the same problem. Frustrating for sure.

2020-5-4
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

I'm curious too, Goobie.

As you did all the possible steps on software, it must be something of hardware. You also disconnected all other usb devices that might influence your usb stack.
Normally spoken (unless you put the firewall on the loopback), a firewall doesn't interact with usb. A anti-virus might.  And as you checked on other pc's, it's pointing towards the SC usb.

Succes, and let us know what the solution was.
2020-5-5
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Goobie Posted at 5-4 14:45
Hi John ,

It could be coincidental but this seems to have solved it for me..... worth a try if nothing else

On SC you will need Developer Options unlocked...
Go to settings and scroll down to About Remote Controller... Tap it.
Now scroll down to System Version and tap it 7 times to unlock Developer Options.
Go back and it will be in your list.
Make sure Developer Options = On
scroll down to USB debugging and make sure = On
2020-5-10
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PhantomPil Posted at 5-10 01:31
It could be coincidental but this seems to have solved it for me..... worth a try if nothing else

WOW!!!  Finally found something that worked. Followed your directions and found  USB DEBUGGING was turned off. Turned it on and vola. It comes up when clicking MY COMPUTER and its there with other disks,usb etc.  mr500. Thanks a bunch. So...... after turning off the SC, is there anything else to do?
2020-5-11
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BigBird-2 Posted at 5-11 18:04
WOW!!!  Finally found something that worked. Followed your directions and found  USB DEBUGGING was turned off. Turned it on and vola. It comes up when clicking MY COMPUTER and its there with other disks,usb etc.  mr500. Thanks a bunch. So...... after turning off the SC, is there anything else to do?

I'm pleased the solution worked for you. You should now be able to use Assistant 2 for Mavic for updating firmware.
2020-5-11
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PhantomPil Posted at 5-11 22:47
I'm pleased the solution worked for you. You should now be able to use Assistant 2 for Mavic for updating firmware.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will work. Thanks again.
2020-5-13
Use props
Goobie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

PhantomPil Posted at 5-10 01:31

PhantomPil,

You are a legend.  Worked on mine too!!! I can not thank you enough!!!!!

So happy!!!!!

GB
2020-5-17
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Goobie Posted at 5-17 09:59
PhantomPil,

You are a legend.  Worked on mine too!!! I can not thank you enough!!!!!

Goobie,

It's great to hear the solution worked for you as well. Perhaps you could change the thread title to 'Solution/Answered ..... or something''

I think if you ever reset your controller you will need to re-enable the USB-Debugging option again. Of course there could be a firmware fix for this in a few years time!

Best regards.
2020-5-17
Use props
Goobie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

PhantomPil Posted at 5-17 11:02
Goobie,

It's great to hear the solution worked for you as well. Perhaps you could change the thread title to 'Solution/Answered ..... or something''

Changed the topic to include answered and thank you again for your help.  It is very much appreciated.

GB
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_tyrhR9vf1CKG
New

United States

PhantomPil Posted at 2020-5-10 01:31

What is SC I need a little more Detail how to complete this process I am not very technically able
2021-10-26
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_tyrhR9vf1CKG Posted at 10-26 09:20
What is SC I need a little more Detail how to complete this process I am not very technically able

SC is short for Smart Controller....As it was posted just follow it...to enable "developer options"...same as any other Android device...A google search of that will get you what you need
2021-10-26
Use props
djiuser_JUvUpQ5AnGc1
lvl.2

United States

My Smart Controller is one I bought with the MA2/SC option, in Sept '21. Apparently lots of updates have been applied since the last post here. I too cannot get the SC to be seen by Win10. I'm using a male to male usb-a cable to my computer. I need to retrieve the files on the SC internal storage, but my computer and the SC aren't talking to each other. I've tried the above suggestions, nothing seems to work. Would appreciate any ideas, Thanks
2021-10-27
Use props
Martin 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92700 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_JUvUpQ5AnGc1 Posted at 2021-10-27 09:07
My Smart Controller is one I bought with the MA2/SC option, in Sept '21. Apparently lots of updates have been applied since the last post here. I too cannot get the SC to be seen by Win10. I'm using a male to male usb-a cable to my computer. I need to retrieve the files on the SC internal storage, but my computer and the SC aren't talking to each other. I've tried the above suggestions, nothing seems to work. Would appreciate any ideas, Thanks

i am still having the same issue after following the above advice , i am running the M300 rtk sc and it wants none of it?
2022-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules