1451 18 2020-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
craighuddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If the US is geting this hardware, wondering if Canadian models are getting the same as the US or are we getting the European version. Any insight?

2020-5-2
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I believe its all of North America ... I read this elsewhere, but I am not 100% sure.
2020-5-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It will be the North American version not European.
2020-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes so might be better to change heading to solved. Or add solved.
2020-5-3
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 5-3 02:19
Yes so might be better to change heading to solved. Or add solved.

Yes as soon as one of the DJI mods confirm, I will.

2020-5-3
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

craighuddy Posted at 5-3 02:48
Yes as soon as one of the DJI mods confirm, I will.

It's on the announcement. Don't need mod to verify. It says "USA and Canada."
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_vTclTXCtibxc
lvl.2

Sweden

Hi all,

As I live in Sweden/ Europe,  I now wonder if I can fly a North American DJI Mavic Air 2 in Europe so I can use the ADS-B?
2020-5-3
Use props
LYM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1883005 ft
Romania

You can, of course, but not legally, even though the drone will reduce it's emitting power to meet EU regulations.
2020-5-3
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

craighuddy Posted at 5-3 02:48
Yes as soon as one of the DJI mods confirm, I will.

We live in North America. This is a no brainer, why would you think you may get a European version when you live in NA?
For the record I have had an inspire 1 several phantoms and original Mavic Pro Mavic Pro 2 and now Mavic minis all of which are North American versions.
Sorry but I find it surprising you would ask such a question.
2020-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_vTclTXCtibxc Posted at 5-3 04:41
Hi all,

As I live in Sweden/ Europe,  I now wonder if I can fly a North American DJI Mavic Air 2 in Europe so I can use the ADS-B?

You can, but be aware if something goes wrong with your drone you will have to ship back to US to repair and pay for it and you can’t get care refresh .
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_vTclTXCtibxc
lvl.2

Sweden

LYM Posted at 5-3 05:18
You can, of course, but not legally, even though the drone will reduce it's emitting power to meet EU regulations.

Thanks for your quick reply.

But, please, can you explain why it would be illegal?

Is there any more diffs between the NA version than just the ADS-B function then?
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_vTclTXCtibxc
lvl.2

Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 5-3 10:11
You can, but be aware if something goes wrong with your drone you will have to ship back to US to repair and pay for it and you can’t get care refresh .

Thanks for your quick reply and for clearifying those facts. I'll better fly very careful then
2020-5-3
Use props
LYM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1883005 ft
Romania

djiuser_vTclTXCtibxc Posted at 5-3 11:46
Thanks for your quick reply.

But, please, can you explain why it would be illegal?

Even though the drone throttles back on transmitting power, not sure if the local law will accommodate for that (doubt it, in my country for sure it's not the case, flying an fcc model is against the law) so basically it will interpret it as flying an FCC drone in a CE space, which makes it illegal.
2020-5-4
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Visual Air Posted at 5-3 06:29
We live in North America. This is a no brainer, why would you think you may get a European version when you live in NA?
For the record I have had an inspire 1 several phantoms and original Mavic Pro Mavic Pro 2 and now Mavic minis all of which are North American versions.
Sorry but I find it surprising you would ask such a question.

Only reason I ask is I have seen other electronics have "USA only" products where the hardware was different based on their established infrastructure , such as cell phones. Since Canada, afaik, have not published any requirements regarding this system, I wondered if DJI would ship the EU version to us and pocket the savings of omitting the hardware. Thats all.
Did any of the other aircraft you own by DJI have different hardware systems based on where they are sold? Not being a smart ass, just asking.
2020-5-6
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

craighuddy Posted at 5-6 06:44
Only reason I ask is I have seen other electronics have "USA only" products where the hardware was different based on their established infrastructure , such as cell phones. Since Canada, afaik, have not published any requirements regarding this system, I wondered if DJI would ship the EU version to us and pocket the savings of omitting the hardware. Thats all.
Did any of the other aircraft you own by DJI have different hardware systems based on where they are sold? Not being a smart ass, just asking.

I do not believe so. For other countries I cannot confirm
2020-5-6
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

Read section 3.0-4

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services ... ars/ac-700-009.html

Sounds to me like the technology is not ready here yet, its not mandated and there is a 5 year roll out plan starting last year.

Here's more on it and an easier read....

https://www.skiesmag.com/feature ... mance-requirements/

2020-5-6
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Northwood Posted at 5-6 15:45
Read section 3.0-4

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services ... ars/ac-700-009.html

Thank you!

So not mandated by Nav Canada in the near term, voluntary with NAV Can participating . Interesting read, thanks for sharing.
2020-5-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LYM Posted at 5-4 11:39
Even though the drone throttles back on transmitting power, not sure if the local law will accommodate for that (doubt it, in my country for sure it's not the case, flying an fcc model is against the law) so basically it will interpret it as flying an FCC drone in a CE space, which makes it illegal.

flying an fcc model is against the law) so basically it will interpret it as flying an FCC drone in a CE space, which makes it illegal.
This is nonsense.
There is no "FCC model".
All DJI drones are FCC + CE.
The drone adjusts power to suit the country it's flying in.
2020-5-6
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

craighuddy Posted at 5-6 15:53
Thank you!

So not mandated by Nav Canada in the near term, voluntary with NAV Can participating . Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

Ya, must say I am a little disappointed, but I still have my ears!  It will come though.  
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules