A suggestion for the future of the Phantom Line
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

The Phantoms seem to be phasing out due to low portability compared to the Mavics while offering basically the same specs... I have an idea for a reboot Phantom line..

Since the Phantom line has a larger form factor that seems more rugged and sturdy, why not extend this "ruggedness" and make the Phantoms a line of waterproof sturdy drone that can fly in rain and snow and in large temperature ranges? I feel like lots of people would love to see this as the new Phantom. The design of the phantom also gives it an advantage in these areas compared to the Mavic. When the arms aren't foldable, it'll be easier to waterproof the drone with no moving parts. Furthermore, the camera might be more protected (or have the potential to be) since it's mounted on the bottom.

Thoughts?

2020-5-2
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I wish my next Dji device be waterproof, I will wait
2020-5-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha ICD

The P4 was designed to be water resistant but they stopped advertising that due to the American tendency to test to oblivion any product trait.  There are a number of waterproof quadcopters on the market one of which is linked below;

https://www.swellpro.com/mariner-drone.php?ref=steemhunt

China (where DJI is headquartered) has a lot of waterproof drones on the market but none of them have the capabilities of DJI products.  Waterproof drones are used by Cetologists to harvest whale snot and papers are published about the effort.  One drone was even developed that could swim a couple feet underwater and then come to the surface and fly as directed.

The marine market for drones is such a niche market that DJI has passed it over.  I think the first sentence I wrote also turned DJI off to the idea.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-3
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree. The Phantom really doesn't have a standout feature anymore.
2020-5-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Vlas Posted at 5-3 02:27
I agree. The Phantom really doesn't have a standout feature anymore.

The Phantom really doesn't have a standout feature anymore.
Except that's there's no better drone available in this price bracket.
2020-5-3
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-3 03:10
The Phantom really doesn't have a standout feature anymore.
Except that's there's no better drone available in this price bracket.

I guess we could say that its standout feature is that it does most things better.
2020-5-3
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"........................they stopped advertising that due to the American tendency to test to oblivion any product trait" you should see the youtube videos testing the boundaries of the Skydo2 collision avoidance and then getting their ********* in a twist when they destroy their drone. It's barmy lol
2020-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules