Antenna Position For Long Range?
17427 6 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

What's the best position for the antennas when going a mile? Straight up and down, or 45 degrees? Thanks
2015-6-15
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

And also if I may add... what's the best antenna position when going straight up? (1600Feet)
2015-6-15
Use props
jawshoeaw
New

United States

Jack57 Posted at 2015-6-16 07:56
And also if I may add... what's the best antenna position when going straight up? (1600Feet)

I can tell you what is not a good position for going straight up - having the antennae straight out. I get low signal at about 300 feet above me which is ridiculous. You're never getting 1600 feet if you stand directly below it.
2015-6-15
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The antenna signal is strongest when the antenna blades are parallel to each other as depicted on page 27 of the User Manual.

Download the User manual for the Professional here: http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf
or the Advanced here: http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

and look on page 27. The diagrams show the optimal transmission range for both long range and overhead.
2015-6-15
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The most important thing to remember is never point the tips of the antennas at your Phantom. That will result in the worst range.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-15
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

You can always move the antennas around while flying the P3 to see what works best for you.
2015-6-15
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

So, try to keep the flat sides of the antenna facing the PH3, not pointing the tips.
2015-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules