FCC workaround is not working anymore.
37668 50 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

FCC hack also works on a combination 0.500 firmware + Dji Fly 1.1.0 app.

Can someone try 0.500 firmware + Dji Fly 1.1.2 or 1.1.4 ?
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10802589 ft
Bulgaria

I fly my Mavic Mini from my balcony every day almost and I use the latest Firmware for the drone and Fly App 1.0.8 for the phone!

I only ever fly with the FCC Hack! Here in Bulgaria, Sofia city center its ridiculously full of RF interference!

Initially when I got my Mavic Mini I could get to about 150m and then it would be laggy the screen, then at 200m I lose connection! And that's 200m up and about 100m distance away from me! I flu from my balcony, 4th floor and there is alwa clear LOS!

I tried using 2.4ghz and got to 50m and lost connection!!!

I knew then I had to do something about all this! So ever since I got my Mavic Mini for Christmas I've been FCC Hacking it using the 5.8ghz channels and being able to fly to 500m altitude and 500m distance away from me!

The FCC Hack has made my Mavic Mini usable!!! I recently tried to see when I'd loose connection over Sofia city and flew to 0.9km distance at 500m altitude and had perfect signal still!

FCC Hack is a MUST!!!
2020-8-6
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10802589 ft
Bulgaria

I fly my Mavic Mini from my balcony every day almost and I use the latest Firmware for the drone and Fly App 1.0.8 for the phone!

I only ever fly with the FCC Hack! Here in Bulgaria, Sofia city center its ridiculously full of RF interference!

Initially when I got my Mavic Mini I could get to about 150m and then it would be laggy the screen, then at 200m I lose connection! And that's 200m up and about 100m distance away from me! I flu from my balcony, 4th floor and there is alwa clear LOS!

I tried using 2.4ghz and got to 50m and lost connection!!!

I knew then I had to do something about all this! So ever since I got my Mavic Mini for Christmas I've been FCC Hacking it using the 5.8ghz channels and being able to fly to 500m altitude and 500m distance away from me!

The FCC Hack has made my Mavic Mini usable!!! I recently tried to see when I'd loose connection over Sofia city and flew to 0.9km distance at 500m altitude and had perfect signal still!

https://youtu.be/mJ6JkU2r40U

2020-8-6
Use props
Gogaki
lvl.1

Sweden

ichan.id Posted at 5-3 10:00
1. downgrade your AC + RC + Batt firmware back to 0.400 using DJI Assistant 2
2. use DJI Fly v1.0.8 (search on google)

Hi, I have the same issue and tried to downgrade, starting with the remote but it would not connect to DJI Assistant 2. The Spark connects fine but the remote is not recognised. Or should I just downgrade from the Spark with the RC powered on?
2020-8-9
Use props
fansaca94416
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The range extenders work brilliant a vidio on you tube show the mavic mini reaching 4500 meters in ce mode  great signal booster I'd say
2020-8-25
Use props
djiuser_RR0XU7lwwBA8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 574117 ft
Netherlands

Ok since we are going off topic ...
-Did anyone manage to hack his drone to FCC mode in Europe ?
I have tried the procedure multiple times and with placing the aircraft indoors with zero GPS satellites but still I get 13 channels in transmission tab not 11 that is very strange
2020-9-11
Use props
DucatiWiz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_RR0XU7lwwBA8 Posted at 2020-9-11 07:34
Ok since we are going off topic ...
-Did anyone manage to hack his drone to FCC mode in Europe ?
I have tried the procedure multiple times and with placing the aircraft indoors with zero GPS satellites but still I get 13 channels in transmission tab not 11 that is very strange

I have this working permanently with the latest DJI Fly app and all latest firmware - however I'm yet to test just how much better it makes things. There is a new hack that works like this:

In the DJI controller, there is a config file in the root of the firmware which tells the controller whether or not to check for the current country. You can use fake GPS to change your country location indoors, then hack this file to set "disable_country=1" and it will never change back as it'll never check your location again. I set my location to Bolivia as that has the most amount of channels available at the highest wattage, it works great, but I'm yet to do a real-world range test.

There are videos of people testing the antenna output with a meter after the hack with poor results, but they don't realise that this won't work because, as with all battery powered wifi tech, there is battery-saving software in the device that only ramps up the power when it's needed, so you'd need to test the drone at max range to get a true reading.

If you want to try, full instructions can be found here. https://mavic-mini-ce-boost.github.io/

A few notes:
1. Set your location to Bolivia as you'll get the most unrestricted channels.
2. I was able to do the hack without downgrading the DJI fly app. The only android I have is a Samsung S7 tab, I just got the latest Fake GPS app, used the Fly app from the Samsung store (1.4) and it all worked fine.
3. The hack is permanent because it hacks the config file, so afterwards, you can switch to an iPhone and it still works fine which is great - just borrow an Android device once if you need to.
4. You'll never get the full 30db on 5.8 that you get from an FCC drone because the CE version has different hardware, but you should get a useful output boost on the 5.8 range (which is less cluttered in the EU) from 14db to 19db, which is reported to make quite a difference.

All before and after range tests welcome!

2021-5-11
Use props
reaktorgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bezik Posted at 2020-5-4 01:32
i can get 2000m+ without the fcc hack in the uk, i find it best to take off from an area higher than your intended flight path with clear line of sight

I tried with my brother's brand new Mini CE. Clear park and the max I could get was 500m, and that was pushing the height to get the best signal.
CE just sux
2021-6-6
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

reaktorgmail.com Posted at 6-6 07:07
I tried with my brother's brand new Mini CE. Clear park and the max I could get was 500m, and that was pushing the height to get the best signal.
CE just sux

A test i did with my ce mini last year, nothing modified and still had plenty of signal when i returned to home
2021-6-9
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dr. Alex Posted at 2020-5-3 11:27
There is a workaround.
1. Set USA fake location
2. Connect to the drone indoors or the drone covered with aluminium foil --> the connection will reset to FCC

Great place to talk about these things over here at the DJI Forum, NOT
A lot of clever people over here, DJI is learning from your great input
2022-7-5
Use props
odesius
lvl.2

Spain

Nikos Grey Posted at 2020-5-4 21:40
Hey friend, nice flight.

If my Drone could not go 2.000 under these conditions I would return it as defective to dji.

I would say it should be very careful where we do fly and avoid congested areas like cities, Bucharest, Athens, etc.. What happens if the drone suddenly falls out of the sky lonely home photo pilots I like to fly my drone in the countryside was absolutely no one I know loads of hacks for FCC but this is not the place to talk about it. You can search on YouTube or Google and troll through the information that it gives but coming out with it all here lonely cause it to be Shelby say eliminated if you want to downgrade.
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules