Mavic Air battery not charging
20118 26 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
niemer05
lvl.1
United States

So it's been a few months at least since I've flown my Mavic Air. I have 3 batteries and two of them seem to charge just fine. There was one battery that was left in the drone, and it will not charge now. I put them all on the charging hub at the same time, and two of them charged without issue. When I have the one that won't charge on by itself, the light on the charging hub will go from a red light, to a green light for just a moment, then back to a red light....

Anyone ever have a similar issue? All the batteries and charging hub are official DJI, no third party.
2020-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to know one of the batteries cannot b charged, did you try to charge it with the charger directly? If it still cannot be charged at all, it could be damaged. You are recommended to send in for evaluation if it is still under warranty period.
To avoid this, we recommend that you discharge the battery to between 40% to 65% and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than ten days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once. Please perform this routine maintenance to keep your battery healthy.
2020-5-3
Use props
niemer05
lvl.1
United States

I purchased the DJI Care, but, I believe it was in 2018, so I'm sure the battery is no longer covered. I would still be willing to send it in however if that's possible.
2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

niemer05 Posted at 5-4 04:09
I purchased the DJI Care, but, I believe it was in 2018, so I'm sure the battery is no longer covered. I would still be willing to send it in however if that's possible.

If the warranty period has been expired, you will be charged even sending in. In this case, the only course of action that we can recommend is that you use a new battery.
2020-5-4
Use props
niemer05
lvl.1
United States

I find it crazy that this would kill a battery that was working fine before....
2020-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

niemer05 Posted at 5-5 03:59
I find it crazy that this would kill a battery that was working fine before....

The battery needs to be taken good care of, please follow the tutorial video below to perform the routine maintenance: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... idelines%20v1.0.pdf
2020-5-7
Use props
fans0636df18
New

Germany

I had a similar problem. My three batteries charged fine after not being used for two months and were fine when I flew my Mavic Air this past weekend. But only one of the three could be re-charged. The other two don't light up. The Mavic Air is still under warranty, but not the batteries. They have only 33 charges on them, and it's hard to imagine that's all I can get out of them. When I contacted customer care today, they said there's nothing that can be done. I should dispose of them properly and buy new ones. What a disappointment!

2020-5-18
Use props
fans2c99031c
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’ve had the same issue just in the past few days. Equally upset about the lack of interest from DJI Support - ‘Just buy another one’ - Luckily I found a solution. I found that putting the battery back in the drone, then pressing the battery check button (whilst it is still in the drone) reactivated a response of one green light (albeit for just a second). I then left it in the charging cradle (along with 2 other batteries which were charging normally). It still didn’t look as though anything was happening (as the other batteries were charged first and it’s supposed to charge the least full battery first). Thankfully, (having left it in the charger overnight) found that it had fully charged. I think that if it is allowed to completely run out, it needs a little ‘prompt charge’ to get it’s internal monitoring going again and, once it realises that it’s completely discharged, gets going as normal. Hope this works for you, it’s worth a try rather than throwing the battery away - especially since DJI seem to have withdrawn supplies of replacement batteries for this model to force you to buy the newer version.
2021-6-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans2c99031c Posted at 6-18 09:46
I’ve had the same issue just in the past few days. Equally upset about the lack of interest from DJI Support - ‘Just buy another one’ - Luckily I found a solution. I found that putting the battery back in the drone, then pressing the battery check button (whilst it is still in the drone) reactivated a response of one green light (albeit for just a second). I then left it in the charging cradle (along with 2 other batteries which were charging normally). It still didn’t look as though anything was happening (as the other batteries were charged first and it’s supposed to charge the least full battery first). Thankfully, (having left it in the charger overnight) found that it had fully charged. I think that if it is allowed to completely run out, it needs a little ‘prompt charge’ to get it’s internal monitoring going again and, once it realises that it’s completely discharged, gets going as normal. Hope this works for you, it’s worth a try rather than throwing the battery away - especially since DJI seem to have withdrawn supplies of replacement batteries for this model to force you to buy the newer version.

Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience caused, and great to know that your battery has been activated. To ensure the battery's health, we suggest that you store it at 40~65% power if you are going to have a long time not using it. Totally discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months. Meanwhile, we will give your comment to our related team. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, we appreciate your feedback.  Here are the tips for maintaining the battery's health. Wish you have a great time on flying.
https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/
2021-6-22
Use props
djiuser_PvNbA90bKoq7
New

United States

Having the same issues with 3 dead batteries. It looks like Mavic Air 2 is having the same issues so I’ll be waiting to replace until they have a better response. Batteries should not be failing at this rate.
2021-7-7
Use props
YETO
New

Australia

Same problem here - left fully charged for a month - dead and won't charge now.

Must be poor quality batteries. I have never owned a device where the battery fails so quickly,
2021-8-6
Use props
djiuser_lL2yV9mHq0JY
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_PvNbA90bKoq7 Posted at 7-7 10:03
Having the same issues with 3 dead batteries. It looks like Mavic Air 2 is having the same issues so I’ll be waiting to replace until they have a better response. Batteries should not be failing at this rate.

I think that DJI should be replacing these batteries. I bought a flymore combo over a year ago whilst I was working and could afford to buy one before I retired. Unfortunately I was unable to find time to use it. Now that I am retired I finally got time to use it, but now cannot do very much as 2 of the brand new never used batteries won’t charge. I went to support and all they could tell me was to buy new batteries that are unavailable as they were over a year old and out of warranty. I have never had this problem with rechargeable batteries before with any other manufacturer. The support they give with these batteries is absolutely scandalous!, especially with how much they cost. I think someone should bring a class action against them! I believe that as they are ‘intelligent’ batteries that DJI have most probably programmed these batteries to have a short life as Apple did with their IPhone batteries. I would certainly not recommend anyone to buy from them with such abysmal after sales support, especially as they cost so much to purchase in the first place and from the complaints in this forum! I feel that I have just chucked over £880 down the toilet on a product that to me seems absolutely useless because I can’t now use it.
2021-9-24
Use props
piciul
New

Romania

Hi, I have a battery that no longer wants to charge, but mine does not charge after I flew the drone close to complete battery depletion, I specify that I stopped the drone button and at home did not want to turn on the charger.
Can you provide me with a wiring diagram with battery pins?
2021-9-24
Use props
sherrynewuser20
New

United States

Hello! I have two batteries that will not charge or power on. I purchased them used, and was taken by the seller. Now I just want to know where I can buy replacement batteries. I have the Mavic Air Model U11X. I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of replacement batteries? I have been searching all day and have not been able to find anything.
2021-10-10
Use props
jrandom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21532 ft
United States

For as expensive as these "intelligent" batteries are the failure rate is completely unacceptable. I have almost ten year old deWalt lithium-ion tool batteries that are used & abused still holding strong and cost much less.
2021-12-1
Use props
jrandom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21532 ft
United States

To top it off it seems DJI no longer sells Mavic Air Gen1 batteries? If they do can someone recommend where or a reputable seller, please?
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_1F5wdjbIajRU
New

United Kingdom

Yup same here, left one in the drone for a while and now it won’t do anything, nice expensive paper weight
2021-12-14
Use props
Deralict
New

Canada

Same here. A battery that has been used only twice before is dead. This is ridiculous.
2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_af6gVShoIVZ8
New

United Kingdom

This is very disappointing for such an expensive battery & from a reputable company like DJI too
I have acquired one of these affected batteries & will be taking it apart to evaluate what is going on.
I am a very experienced Electrical/Electronics Engineer so will be able to do this hopefully to a good level.
If interested post here
2022-2-15
Use props
papa_uwe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1395984 ft
Germany

People report that leaving the batteries on the charger _for more than a day_ sometimes re-activated the batteries.
The reason for the failure is probably complete depletion in which case the BMS (battery management system) refuses to charge, because a depleted Lipo accu may explode under some circumstances. So this is a "safety feature" - albeit very disappointing.
No guarantee that this really works, but there are tutorials on Youtube that show how to reactivate a totally depleted MA battery. Search for "Mavic Air Battery Recovery". The basic idea is to load the depleted cells with increasing current directly, circumventing the BMS.
2022-2-19
Use props
Isabel Mavic
New

India

thanks for the information
2022-12-19
Use props
Isabel Mavic
New

India

Hi,
The batteries goes into hibernation when left unused for long periods to make them work again there are lots of tutorials showing CP2112 debug board, which is hard to find and somewhat costly in my country, So I found that you can even use an very cheaper board and widely used Arduino NANO to reset the PF flags to revive from the hibernation mode of the battery.

It is very easy and simple, Initially i searched for the CP2112 but its completely out of stock in my country and searched for alternatives on google and found this : DJI Mavic Air battery recovery (Clear PF) using Arduino - Circuit Schools. https://www.circuitschools.com/dji-mavic-air-battery-recovery-clear-pf-using-arduino/

I successfully recovered 3 batteries which were kept aside for 1 and half year. Hope it helps you too..
2022-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Isabel Mavic Posted at 12-19 23:20
Hi,
The batteries goes into hibernation when left unused for long periods to make them work again there are lots of tutorials showing CP2112 debug board, which is hard to find and somewhat costly in my country, So I found that you can even use an very cheaper board and widely used Arduino NANO to reset the PF flags to revive from the hibernation mode of the battery.

The fact that the code is only available on request seems a bit strange. Do you have the code in question to provide us?
2022-12-19
Use props
Bafo
New
United States

Please does anybody have a solution for a DJI Mavic Air drone battery left uncharged for awhile. I have had it on the charger for 2 days straight now with no luck. Where can one get an authentic replacement battery?
2023-1-17
Use props
Damion Konot
New

United States

My battery won’t charge
2023-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Damion Konot Posted at 8-31 12:23
My battery won’t charge

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. May I know for which model the belongs and does it lights up when you try to charge it? Keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-31
Use props
Hamid Blogger
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hey there! Sorry to hear about your Mavic Air battery issue. Make sure the charger and battery connections are clean and secure. Try a different charger if possible. If it still doesn't work, contact DJI Support for assistance. Good luck!
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules