Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CLimbing in sport mode
1113 11 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Out at the field testing again today and I noticed this on the screen recorder, as I accelerate in sport mode the quad starts to climb when it reaches max speed, then carries on climbing once it comes to a stop, is this normal behaviour ?

2020-5-3
Use props
Chris130
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48264 ft
United Kingdom

I noticed the same yesterday after upgrading to the latest firmware. It doesn’t seem normal!
2020-5-3
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Something I wouldnt want to see.
2020-5-3
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

I want to downgrade !!
2020-5-3
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Skrajnik Posted at 5-3 11:53
I want to downgrade !!

then downgrade, I just did and will test it out as soon as i can
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Noticed the same but only flying backwards, but I think was already before the firmware update. So far no problems after update.
2020-5-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

the quad starts to climb when it reaches max speed, then carries on climbing once it comes to a stop, is this normal behaviour ?
It's an uncommanded climb.
It's not normal (for other drones), but iIt's not uncommon for the Mini.
But the uncommanded descent is worryingly even more common.
Lots of Minis have been lost because the Mini has trouble maintaining altitude.
2020-5-4
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-4 03:58
the quad starts to climb when it reaches max speed, then carries on climbing once it comes to a stop, is this normal behaviour ?
It's an uncommanded climb.
It's not normal (for other drones), but iIt's not uncommon for the Mini.

I’m led to believe, from reading posts on here, that the UD is now identified as a prop issue.
2020-5-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

crash1sttime Posted at 5-4 04:22
I’m led to believe, from reading posts on here, that the UD is now identified as a prop issue.

Props might be part of the problem but if that's all there is to the problem, DJI would have had it fixed four months ago.
DJI keep quiet and just keep replacing the Minis that crash every day.

The Mini is a lemon and not safe to fly anywhere.
2020-5-4
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-4 05:23
Props might be part of the problem but if that's all there is to the problem, DJI would have had it fixed four months ago.
DJI keep quiet and just keep replacing the Minis that crash every day.

Sorry to hear you think it's a lemon. I think it's a fun to fly little drone with no frills attached. Fly by wire similar to the good ole days of flying the original Phantom 1 FC40 except much better video. stability and ease of travel compared to the old bird. Is this your first DJI product?
2020-5-4
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I flew it yesterday in sport mode, full throtlle and low height. I didn't noticed any elevation but only when you leave the stick and eventually the drone 'brakes' hard...I found it normal behaviour though.
2020-5-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Flormo2002 Posted at 5-4 07:25
Sorry to hear you think it's a lemon. I think it's a fun to fly little drone with no frills attached. Fly by wire similar to the good ole days of flying the original Phantom 1 FC40 except much better video. stability and ease of travel compared to the old bird. Is this your first DJI product?

Sorry to hear you think it's a lemon.  ...
Is this your first DJI product?

I don't think it's a lemon ... I know it's a lemon.
And I don't own one.
But I've had many other DJI drones which were all superb aircraft, and flown them thousands of kilometres in hard professional use.

I know it's a lemon because I read flight data to help drone owners learn what caused flight incidents and find lost drones.
And every day, I read more flight data showing that a Mini has not been able to maintain altitude, going down even though the owner is applying full throttle !!.
Sometimes they will also fail to maintain tilt and forward speed even with the right stick full forward.

But despite incidents like these showing up every day since the end of last year, DJI have not acknowledged any problem with the Mini, and have failed to find a way to fix the Mini so it works properly.
The Mavic Mini is not a safe drone to buy or fly.

Not all Minis do this and so far yours has flown as it's intended.
But way too many are showing these fatal flaws and DJI pretends it isn't happening.
2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules