462 9 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another Happy client, well same client but with the Mavic 2 Pro.  No issues with flying Urban, well I mean you can't go super long distance w/o a hiccup but it's acceptable.  Please continue to great reliable updates.  Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 with DJI GS Pro for mapping is very reliable too.  When EXIF is written correctly, when it's stable, when the drone does what you want even after you have complete live feed loss because of the amazing design separating things safely, this is what you want.  I have FPV quads, the feed, battery life, aren't so great.  Hearing about people doing long-range for video with custom drones... just get a DJI.  I know people were scared back then with flyaways like I was but that is all ironed out.  Not sure if it's ironed out with the DJI Mavic Minis now but I assume all the other drones are reliable or at least the M2 and P4PV2.0 is.  I'm not scared to lose my stuff in the air but people need to do it right, don't fly near obstacles or too close too them w/o being careful.
2020-5-3
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great advice. I could easily spend hours planning a waypoint mission. Love it.
2020-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to read
2020-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My M2P has been pretty flawless.
2020-5-4
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I'm still really wary of fly aways or even complete drone failure, though, I've been pretty satisfied with the Mavic 2 performance so far.
2020-5-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vlas Posted at 5-3 11:44
Great advice. I could easily spend hours planning a waypoint mission. Love it.

I don't really use waypoints for taking pictures because you don't know if the composition is going to be good or not.  I use it for orthomosaics with WebODM.  The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.
2020-5-4
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 5-4 09:11
I don't really use waypoints for taking pictures because you don't know if the composition is going to be good or not.  I use it for orthomosaics with WebODM.  The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.

I understand that. For composition it could be problematic.
2020-5-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vlas Posted at 5-4 09:34
I understand that. For composition it could be problematic.

I mean, if they made it where you could preset the comp in say Google Earth so you can set the sky and other things w/ the right focal length then, of course, it would be awesome.
2020-5-4
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I don't think so.  My Mavic 2 Zoom battery popped out in sport mode.    There should be greater tolerances for heat for the batteries in the Mavic 2 Series.  There should be more room for expansion for the battery if it swells.  Sport mode should not heat the battery and make it swell that easy.  I could easily go on. Usually, things could always be better.
2020-5-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blellow Posted at 5-4 10:00
Yeah, I don't think so.  My Mavic 2 Zoom battery popped out in sport mode.    There should be greater tolerances for heat for the batteries in the Mavic 2 Series.  There should be more room for expansion for the battery if it swells.  Sport mode should not heat the battery and make it swell that easy.  I could easily go on. Usually, things could always be better.

Mine didn't swell and I have 6 m/s ascend rates, but I don't fly like that unless I need to.  Usually, just keep it at around 5 m/s for a soft climb.
2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules