2108 8 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Above Barbados
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5763537 ft
  • >>>
Barbados

I've just tested out the Facebook live stream from the Smart Controller (latest firmware, Mavic 2 Pro with latest firmware), nicely straight-forward to do, but not without it's issues -

1. The feed pauses for about 0.5s every 5s. This is not a connection speed issue as I was 6 feet away from the router which is a 60mb/60mb up/down fibre Internet connection.

It's as though the feed has to buffer and catch up. It makes the viewing very stuttery and not good enough to use as a broadcast. Does anyone know why this might be?

2. Clicking on the live feed icon to change the audio setting (turning the audio off) pauses the feed, it never restarts automatically. You have to end the feed, restart it, by which point the audio is back on. Effectively meaning you cannot turn the audio off.

Can anyone help with these issues?

Cheers,
Graeme.

2020-5-3
Use props
973underground
New
United States

I'm having the same issue with my new  Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Zoom streaming to RTMP addresses. No Problems when using Iphone 11 Max with controller. But using  Smart Controller I get the stuttering every couple of seconds. Internet speeds are sufficient.
2020-5-4
Use props
Above Barbados
lvl.3
  • >>>
Barbados

Confirmed, I just tried RTMP direct to YouTube (custom link/icon on Smart Controller, input YT address directly) and it still stuttered. It was higher quality than the FB feed, but every 5s or so it still pauses for a half second.

Is this some limitation of the Smart Controller when streaming, a software/firmware issue, a setting issue?

Might be the first negative for me for the Smart Controller is the $750USD thing can smoothly stream without having to go the HDMI -> Capture Card route...
2020-5-8
Use props
natecarlson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84475 ft
United States

Well, dang. I have both of these issues, exactly as you described, trying to use live streaming for the first time today.
2020-7-10
Use props
ViperJD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

Same here, Live Streaming to Facebook.  Waiting to see if anyone comes up with a fix.
2020-11-24
Use props
ViperJD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

ViperJD Posted at 11-24 04:47
Same here, Live Streaming to Facebook.  Waiting to see if anyone comes up with a fix.

Here is the FB Video/post: https://www.facebook.com/jeff.d.taylor/videos/10218872679072843/

PS: I did this about 25 days ago and it was fine. I do not think I changed any of the settings: https://www.facebook.com/jeff.d.taylor/videos/10218783486123075/

2020-11-24
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

It could be several issues but one seems the most likely in my opinion.  The first, the smart controller does not have the processing power which seems unlikely as ViperJD was previously able to live stream without issue.  The second, and more likely answer is, as the Smart Controller is WiFi based for connectivity it could be that the signal quality is poor or unstable.  Unlike with a phone connected to the stock controller the Smart Controller does not have the ability to automatically switch to cellular when the WiFi signal drops below a certain quality or level.  In order to live stream a decent WiFi signal is needed.  The bars on the WiFi signal indicator may not be representative of the signal's actual quality but just the dB strength.  WiFi signal indicators can be slow to update or inaccurate.
2020-11-24
Use props
Above Barbados
lvl.3
  • >>>
Bahamas

Agreed, I think it's the processing power of the Smart Controller has to buffer it. Only way I got a smooth feed with no pauses/buffering was to run it through an external feed box.
2020-11-24
Use props
shermancahal
lvl.1

United States

Interesting theories. I was trying to run a livestream through Facebook Live (via rtmp) and had all sorts of connection glitches. It would connect fine until flying in the air and would disconnect when the framerate would drop below a certain threashhold. I was connected to a router and was pulling 60 mbps down and 25 mbps up with very low latency.
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules