DJI! What about free spare pair of props?
1150 12 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello dear DJI and collegues. There a LOT OF cases with damaged propellers at rear left motor straight out of the box. My rear left propellers was slightly damaged too. I wrote to official dealer and they told me that this is ok, and there is no need to change them. But with new firmware DJI Fly asks to change damaged propellers. I see direct fault of the DJI here. So will be great if DJI will give free pair of propellers via their dealers to all DJI Mavic Mini buyers. I think it will be honest.

IMG_20200311_192207.jpg
2020-5-3
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Did the firmware flag that prop to be changed?
2020-5-3
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Your official dealer is looking to sell you a 2nd drone shortly... that bump in the prop looks awful, it's just the kind of problem that I'd expect to disrupt the airflow and impair the lifting capabilities.

You should change your props as soon possibile.
2020-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Strange never got that issue with my mini, are you sure your dealer sold you a new drone?
2020-5-3
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

Deucalion Posted at 5-3 12:46
Did the firmware flag that prop to be changed?

Yes, on my second flight on the 500th firmware it asked me to change propellers. I tried to land and reboot Minic (3 times, I was careful and made it in the name of science ) but it won't help so I was sure what this is no occasional failure but real problem with propellers.
2020-5-4
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

m80116 Posted at 5-3 20:38
Your official dealer is looking to sell you a 2nd drone shortly... that bump in the prop looks awful, it's just the kind of problem that I'd expect to disrupt the airflow and impair the lifting capabilities.

You should change your props as soon possibile.

I'd flew about 50 km with it even in very strong wind but everything was okay. This bump at the rear edge of the propeller so it's relatively safe. But this was damage out of the box and at rear left motor as 99% of Mini owners who have this error.
2020-5-4
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

Suren Posted at 5-3 23:58
Strange never got that issue with my mini, are you sure your dealer sold you a new drone?

Just read the topic about motor error on 500th firmware. There are 7 pages of posts from people who have this issue. We have group in Telegram of russian-speaking owners of Mini at there a hundreds of these cases there.
2020-5-4
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

I think will be great if DJI will make carbon-fiber forced propellers for Mini. I had carbon fiber propellers for Phantom 2 made by DJI and they was great, durable and few grams lighter.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Pashi Posted at 5-4 10:09
I'd flew about 50 km with it even in very strong wind but everything was okay. This bump at the rear edge of the propeller so it's relatively safe. But this was damage out of the box and at rear left motor as 99% of Mini owners who have this error.

You get 2/6 extra props in your box, cmon change it your at the loss of approx €5 a pint of beer. Enjoy your mini fly safe and stay safe...
2020-5-4
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-4 10:14
You get 2/6 extra props in your box, cmon change it your at the loss of approx €5 a pint of beer. Enjoy your mini fly safe and stay safe...

Not sure, would DJI sell me Mavic Mini for 5 bucks less than it costs? I'm sure they wouldn't. As you maybe noticed, this is not problem of me but there are hundreds maybe thousands of people who have this problem.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Pashi Posted at 5-4 10:20
Not sure, would DJI sell me Mavic Mini for 5 bucks less than it costs? I'm sure they wouldn't. As you maybe noticed, this is not problem of me but there are hundreds maybe thousands of people who have this problem.

Actually I do agree with you, was just making light of it, yes you are correct, if FW is going request people to dispose of props which are new then they should make some offer. But I don’t think they will .
2020-5-4
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-4 10:42
Actually I do agree with you, was just making light of it, yes you are correct, if FW is going request people to dispose of props which are new then they should make some offer. But I don’t think they will .

This is what I'm talking about. My was slightly damaged out of the box. I replaced them after the warning and now have no problems but many people have problems with  absolutely new propellers after they changing them... I think DJI must give us some free pair. This is not about greed, this is about honesty.

2020-5-7
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

In all honesty what I've seen so far: every user that I remember / know of after changing the props (even before the update) solved the ESC nef errors or the new Motor Speed error.

In two cases that I remember users reported no problems, props working good during the initial setup, problems arose afterwards.

Of the one problem where a uses reported errors straight from the box I deemed it sporadic and quite unrealistic as the box might have been opened or the problem wasn't immediate. I believe that being the MM stored incorrectly it might take just one night to make the props bent.

During initial shipment the props are tied together and stored in the correct position. Every claim about faulty props (warped) coming from the factory has never been substantiated and I believe (unless damaged during shipment) it never will, because I expect those parts to be molded in such a way that is almost impossible to have bent batches.
2020-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules