Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 and the Crystalsky
1090 15 5-3 12:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans44815e5e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811243 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

I have just purchased the Mavic Air 2 and am looking forward to flying it. At present I have the Mavic Air  and a Tello for indoors.

I use a CrystalSky Monitor with my Mavic Air and really like its high brightness and resolution etc. I understand the DJI Fly app is not supported at present. Is this something that will happen in the near future as I would really love to use the Crystal Sky on the Mavic Air 2, it was an expensive addition to my DJI equipment.

Please could anyone advise on this, I appreciate it is very soon after the launch, but it is a valid request I feel after spending out for the Crystal Sky and thinking it would be useful for more than just one of my drones.

Kind regards

Kevin
5-3 12:50
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi Kevin, Mavic Air 2 doesn’t support CrystalSky and we do not have related information whether it will be supported. Your need will be forwarded to our engineer for attention, please stay tuned to the future update on DJI official website.
5-3 18:08
Use props
fans44ea3c13
lvl.2

United States

Not supporting crystalsky on Mavic air 2 is a deal breaker for me. Will not be purchasing unlessots support is planned.
5-4 15:31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

fans44ea3c13 Posted at 5-4 15:31
Not supporting crystalsky on Mavic air 2 is a deal breaker for me. Will not be purchasing unlessots support is planned.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused, your requirement will be transferred to our development team, if it is possible in the future, we will update our website.
5-4 22:46
Use props
Gemini Aeronautics
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-4 22:46
We apologize for any inconvenience caused, your requirement will be transferred to our development team, if it is possible in the future, we will update our website.

Hello Mindy.  I agree with others.  The lack of support of the DJI Fly App on the CrystalSky monitor is a deal breaker.  I have significant investment in DJI equipment and the CrystalSky is a hugely valuable tool.  Without DJI Fly support on the CrystalSky monitor, I have no reason to invest more of my commercial operations assets in the latest technology of the Mavic Air 2.  It is unfortunate that this was not thought out during the development of the Mavic Air 2.  I think is very important to a lot of CrystalSky owners that DJI software developers continue to support the CrystalSky.  Many of us use this monitor for commercial purposes and we expect to be able to continue to use the latest technology in drones as well.  Thank you for your time.
5-5 06:52
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Gemini Aeronautics Posted at 5-5 06:52
Hello Mindy.  I agree with others.  The lack of support of the DJI Fly App on the CrystalSky monitor is a deal breaker.  I have significant investment in DJI equipment and the CrystalSky is a hugely valuable tool.  Without DJI Fly support on the CrystalSky monitor, I have no reason to invest more of my commercial operations assets in the latest technology of the Mavic Air 2.  It is unfortunate that this was not thought out during the development of the Mavic Air 2.  I think is very important to a lot of CrystalSky owners that DJI software developers continue to support the CrystalSky.  Many of us use this monitor for commercial purposes and we expect to be able to continue to use the latest technology in drones as well.  Thank you for your time.

Hi Gemini, thanks for your feedback, we'll forward your request to the related team.
5-6 04:14
Use props
ET214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 465856 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi it will not utilize the Crystal Sky but DJI says the smart controller will work with it.
I have the smart controller and am looking forward to using it with the Mavic Air 2. It’s like the Crystal  Sky
5-19 17:55
Use props
Eyemat
lvl.1

United States

I now own a Mavic Air, a Mavic Air 2, and a Crystalsky. I think it's backward thinking to not support use of the Crystalsky with the Mavic Air 2! Please DJI...Support the install of the DJI Fly App on the Crystalsky 5.5.
5-30 16:06
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Eyemat Posted at 5-30 16:06
I now own a Mavic Air, a Mavic Air 2, and a Crystalsky. I think it's backward thinking to not support use of the Crystalsky with the Mavic Air 2! Please DJI...Support the install of the DJI Fly App on the Crystalsky 5.5.

Sorry that Mavic Air doesn't support the CrystalSky, we have already forwarded your need to our engineers for attention, please keep an eye on DJI website of the future update.
5-31 00:48
Use props
kevinh98
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have just watched a video where the smart controller can output screen to another monitor.

Just a thought, if it is a problem to get the 64 bit Fly app to work on the Crystalsky, could it not become a monitor for my phone. This will mean my expensive Crystalsky is not entirely useless now I have the Air 2.

If I cant use the Crystalsky it will be very hard to sell as no one will have a use for it.
5-31 10:53
Use props
kevinh98
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-31 00:48
Sorry that Mavic Air doesn't support the CrystalSky, we have already forwarded your need to our engineers for attention, please keep an eye on DJI website of the future update.

Mavic Air is supported with Go 4 app its just the Air 2 that isnt
5-31 10:55
Use props
fans2a37274c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13599 ft
United States

I am in full agreement with my fellow crystalsky owners. Having owned four DJI drones I'm totally disappointed with the lack of concern for crystalsky owners but making plans for the smart remote which in some cases cost less than the crystalsky.
Let's keep communicating with DJI.
6-17 22:01
Use props
davidsevensys.ro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1160233 ft
Romania

I own a Mavic air and a 5.5 Crystalsky and I love the CS more than the drone itself. I am sad I can't update to Air 2 because I don't want to ever fly again with a smartphone. I bought the CS less than a year ago, brand new from an official DJI reseller hoping to use it many times even after crashing/selling my Air 1 drone in the future.
6-21 04:50
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

davidsevensys.ro Posted at 6-21 04:50
I own a Mavic air and a 5.5 Crystalsky and I love the CS more than the drone itself. I am sad I can't update to Air 2 because I don't want to ever fly again with a smartphone. I bought the CS less than a year ago, brand new from an official DJI reseller hoping to use it many times even after crashing/selling my Air 1 drone in the future.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, your frustration will be forwarded to our R&D for attention, if it is possible in the future, we will update on our website.
6-21 22:26
Use props
djiuser_Ff2b3tNsatNx
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-21 22:26
We apologize for the inconvenience caused, your frustration will be forwarded to our R&D for attention, if it is possible in the future, we will update on our website.

I have the same question, make it work please otherwise it is a worthless expensive device
9-18 09:16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

djiuser_Ff2b3tNsatNx Posted at 9-18 09:16
I have the same question, make it work please otherwise it is a worthless expensive device

Hi there, could you please let me know the details of the problem that you encountered? I'd like to help you check it, thanks.
9-18 19:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules