Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DIY_Quad Posted at 1-20 22:01
The Fly app is written in 64-bit only and DJI has no plans to make it backward compatible with any 32-bit hardware and/or OS such as Clearsky.
64-bit is the future and DJI doesn't plan on going back....althought that leaves many people in the 32-bit world unhappy.
That's why Clearsky will never work with MA2, or anything that required the Fly app. Period.

My understanding is that the SmartController is 32 bit only. So they have support for 32 bit.
2021-1-23
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-23 13:27
Very well,
we are on the same wavelength.
I prefer to keep my mobile phone which will be updated with my times and will follow the software evolutions.

I agree, after lots of thought and pondering the benefits of a smart controller I am sticking with my phone.

I have only used the Go 4 app twice and think the Fly app is cleaner.  It could definitely use some additional features.

The Android Play Terms of Service prevent DJI from using the Fly app.  Neither Google nor DJI will confirm why.  For Android users this is a slight inconvenience but in someways it allows DJI the latitude to use enterprise level options in the app which may result in more robust features.  

If DJI violated something serious all their products would have been removed from the Android Play store.  
2021-1-23
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

bjr981s Posted at 1-23 14:06
My understanding is that the SmartController is 32 bit only. So they have support for 32 bit.

Yes, they have support for their existing 32-bit products.
But that's just legacy support.
Anything new they introduce has been and will continue to be 64-bit only to make it future proof and cut down on development efforts.

2021-1-26
Use props
jeffsat1
lvl.1

United States

I also have every drone from DJI and was getting ready to sell my brand new phantom 4 v 2.0 because I just purchased the Maverick air s2 very disappointed that we have all these new features and I cannot use the DJI goggles fpv? Also I cannot use the crystal sky system! That's a huge deal-breaker for me. Please fix this DJI. This is supposed to be your new latest and greatest best drone please make it compatible with the older drone features hopefully an update. I have 12 days left on my return policy. I will keep checking for updates or something that is going to let me know that it's going to be updated or I will have to return the product. Very disappointing as I love everything about this except I can't use fpv goggles and most importantly the crystal sky system I paid so much for.
2021-5-4
Use props
djiuser_CTFn7pukqgCj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4772267 ft
United States

ET214 Posted at 2020-5-19 17:55
Hi it will not utilize the Crystal Sky but DJI says the smart controller will work with it.
I have the smart controller and am looking forward to using it with the Mavic Air 2. It’s like the Crystal  Sky

So now you have to purchase another $800 piece of equipment from DJI
2022-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules